Need spell help

Weirdoze

Reaction score
so I just wanted to ask what triggers I need to create a triggered spell? I'm kinda new on map editor so plz help :eek::)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
what kind of triggered spell do you want to make? there's tons of different actions you can use, but without knowing what exactly you want to do, we cant help :S the basic would be

Code:
Events:
Unit starts the effect of an ability (It's a Generic Unit event)
Conditions:
Ability being cast = <your ability's name> (This is an Ability comparison, to check if the right spell is being cast for the trigger to work)

Weirdoze

Reaction score
no there is nothing special i want to make just wanted to know the basics. and i think thats pretty much it (But I would be VERY happy if u would post an example how to make a freezing firebolt:D).

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
you dont need triggers to do that. just find the buff which firebolt uses (i think its Stunned (Pause)). change the art field that has the Stunned model file, and make it Freezing Breath <target>. unit frozen, job done ^^

ofc, you could trigger it but 1) takes more time and 2) takes even more time if you wanna get the freeze effect at the perfect moment.

Weirdoze

Reaction score
well, I thought that you would need a trigger to do that. But could you post any kinda spell which uses a trigger i think it would help me if i see a sample...(sorry that i'm such a noob :banghead::banghead:!!)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Code:
   Events:
Unit starts the effect of an ability
   Conditions:
Ability being cast = Instant Damage (example name only)
   Actions:
Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast) for 50 damage with attack-type Hero and damage-type Normal
//Above action is Unit - Damage Target

thatll instantly deal damage to the target. if your using firebolt as ur base skill, itll deal the damage as soon as the firebolt projectile is created

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.