Need Trigger Help with Ability

M4573R

Reaction score
I have an ability idea where you cast a spell on a target that gives them a buff for a duration. During this duration you can attack them on the move, meaning you can run around and every time you'd normally be able to attack, your projectile would fly out of you and attack the target if you're within range.

My approach is to make a copy of your hero that has the same stats, level, and items, that is invisible, that attacks the target while always being at your position.

I'm having problems because I want the copy to always attack from your position, meaning he needs to be moved to your position, attack, and repeat. However the move trigger interrupts the attack. I want the copy to have the same range.

How would I make a dummy unit that always attacks a specific target from your position, and does nothing if the target is not within range?

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
ah, use a phoenix fire ability that can only target units of a certain unused classification.

Then when the ability is used, just add that classification to the target unit

M4573R

Reaction score
Problem is, I want it to be as if you were attacking, as in, it uses your damage, your stats, your passives, your items.

Is there a way to make a unit attack instantly, almost like skipping the attack animation?

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
set the animation backswing and damage point to "0"
and add in a stop trigger

(may not be good for somethings)

M4573R

Reaction score
I'll have to go back at look at it, because I set all those values to 0, and it doesn't attack.

Sweet, looks like I got it working.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.