New Map : The Art of War ..helper needed

A

Art[of]War

The Art of War - new map in progress ..helper(s) needed

hey all,

i have a map (designed by myself and my cousin) that is almost planned out to the letter, but those plans require someone who can trigger my ideas properly and fix nagging things like memory leaks to give it the polished touch i invision

already have the units and details and game balance i can handle, and terrain and layout perfected (maybe someone could help me replace a couple of the tile types for originality look)

basic outline
the map starts out in ladder gameplay, you creep/build an army with the intention to reach the centre of the map (and it is a huge map btw with each of the 4 teams in a corner), in the centre is mass creeps but the goal is build a statue if the statue doesnt falter to your enemies it lights up and you get token for free hero (where if the other players wanted one would have to shell 2000 gold) from the tavern(s) that appear at the 20 or 30 min mark (which is the next aspect of the map)

in the vein of footman wars, a barracks spawns for each of the 8 players (2 per team) that spawns footmen , however you can only upgrade att/def stats not tiers, the tiers are at time sets (t.b.d) for all players, promoting fairness despite your game position (tier 0,1,2,3,4).....basically this is a multigameplay map , the heroes from the taverns in footmen style go to lvl 18 (yet to decide balancing for the ladder heroes used up til then)

then there is a 3rd game aspect, which is the ships (as there is decent water areas) which is a mid game thing, after all the footman sections come in ppl will decide now is the time to see whats in those 4 massive blacked out sections ( named deadlands)..each deadlands has a shipyard, and exploration in these sections will bring bonuses to help when you go out to battle your enemy

i plan to beta test it v0.1 - 0.9 then v1.0 is the release... when its released not knowing anything will be the fun of it for new ppl

anyone interested post here for now! or email [email protected] due credit will be given to the person who takes this on, both in name on load, and probly hero if you design one and i approve

my handle is Wake[Of]theBunT ...but this forum doesnt allow that many chars.

A

Art[of]War

soo im trying to do it myself but still kinda interested in helper

N

N1gh7m4r3

At the moment im ocupied with Eragon Realms, a huge project.

But you acan count me uop to small things, just tell what you want.

The map looks good but its way to square ^^, i dont like square things.

But the Idea looks good (Tough I hate footman wars, they are a funny map).

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
what exactly do you need? i'm currently busy with some other maps, but i may help you...depending on how hard would it be :)

A

Art[of]War

thanks for interest

lol currently having techniqual difficulty (see helper forum pg 1 look for me) with triggering my ideas, i would like to think im a fast learner, but hell with some things i just get really stuck...

thanks for your replies!

- yes i know its too square, however in game it doesnt really feel that way but i can surely do something to assist that (like terrain from scratch in the mid 0. beta versions and see what ppl think - an alternative if you will)
.....i could make a few minor changes for now and see if that helps?

- yes it borrows from foot wars (which some hate the style) in that you spawn numberless units from a RAX however it doesnt play like that formatt since its a huge map and you have 2 other co-existing gameplay (the goal is they will all compliment each other through balancing)

more ideas are very welcome i liked those comments

what i need : just the triggering, the techniqual stuff, and if you had suggestions once you got immerced in that process im open to being co-creative, one issue i had is in the helper section that i brought up, i could explain it here but i think if you look at that then think you can help, ill just send you the map to do it, coz ive been given advice but i think you need to see my units and stuff to get it working

Attachments

• untitledart.bmp
    228.4 KB · Views: 346
A

Art[of]War

well it seems im back to seeking some serious helpers, thanks if you read this and think that is you , i will be most accomodating

A

Art[of]War

that would be much appreciated i will send it through hotmail with instruction then?

Rad

Reaction score
That would work, [email protected] is my hotmail email... but if you have msn messanger thats even better. Just add the email and let me know its you when you message me (I have many many many people on my list I cant remember who's who)

P

PipoBona

I can help with the triggers and stuff , i am a beginning mapper/trigger creator , but I am experienced in real programming languages like PHP , Javascript , AutoIT , a bit C++ and other such like scripting languages.

when i first started the editor I almost immediately understanded the trigger editor and my first map was made with around 25 triggers , a Capture The Flag map , without any help of other people from here , i onyl asked some basic questions.

If you want me to help with triggers pm or email or MSN me.

msn: [email protected] , email [email protected] , pm name pipobona :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.