Placing random trees and doodads

Ouguiya

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

The problem I face today is a peculiar one: I would like to plant trees (a real lot of them). To make things more realistic however, I would like to combine different tree sorts.

The main trouble with this is that I would have to manually place ~8000 trees, 2000 of each sort (given that I only have 4 different ones to place).

Is there a non-triggered way to place random doodads or trees? (like random units, which are really practical for such stuff) (A bit like the different tree-variations. Sadly, it's not possible for me to define those variations in the object editor.)

Thanks for your answer

Yours,

Ouguiya

Ouguiya

Reaction score
2 Reasons:

1) Planting 8000 trees at every game start sort of tends to slow the loading down hard.

2) Trees don't grow in perfect squares and rectangles, which is what I would get if I were to use regions. The world editor does not support "naturally shaped regions", which makes it all really difficult.

Thx

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
this sounds crazy. but meh

You can make a custom unit, change its model to make it a tree, give it invunrability and make 3 other units with ur 3 different tree models. Then you can randomly place them in a reigon, just a suggestion. Im sure there is something which will allow you not to be able to select them

Ouguiya

Reaction score
ive got one,
1. look in your diary,
2. find a day where you have 1-2 free hours,
3. spend them by planting trees

Meh... come on. If you have nothing useful to say, why do you still plant your nonsense here? :thdown:

kaboo

Reaction score
its not nonsense, its the best way how to make best looking forest, and teraining is also part of map making

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.