preventing animation change on walk

substance

Reaction score
I'm trying to make an ability that , when casted, makes the unit run a certain animation and that unit will STAY in that animation even if he's orderd to move.

I tried making a .02 timer that constantly sets his animation to the one i wanted but this looked terrible. I also messed with the channel ability but that didnt work either.

Anyway, I've seen this done before so I know it's possible.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I've seen this done before so I know it's possible.
Where and in what way?

It's generally not possible to stop the unit's animations such as attacking and moving as they depend directly on the unit's attack/movement speed.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Dota, Juggernaught's blade fury.
AoM, Rifter's ult (dunno name)
They are using SetUnitAnimationByIndex(whichunit,index). That'll overwrite other animations. Only thing is that you can't get the current animation of a unit, so you wont know which index to use.

substance

Reaction score
They are using SetUnitAnimationByIndex(whichunit,index). That'll overwrite other animations. Only thing is that you can't get the current animation of a unit, so you wont know which index to use.

I think you misunderstand, I know how to make him play the animation i want.. I just want him to STAY in that animation even when you do other things (such as issue a move order).

**Oh ok, they just used the bladestorm ability.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Let me rephrase then, they are using SetUnitAnimationIndex(unit,index) together with a timer for movement. Spirit Charge is done in this way. Blade Fury is simply a modified whirl wind ability.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.