Problem with Imported model files

Grothdmal

Reaction score
I started making a game and decided that the game would look much better using custom model files instead of the supplied WE model files. So I imported the models and textures and everything works fine and looks good in the editor, but when I run the game the item/character/whatever becomes invisible. This is really weird since I'm using the correct paths and when I try to view the models inside the editor they appear and act fine but only when I run the game do they become invisible. I am using Mac OSX if that makes a difference.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
i duno if Mac makes the different but the main is have u imported all the texture file to it if there are?

Really no pathing mistake?

Grothdmal

Reaction score
I know that there is no mistake because I had a windows computer and saved all my games onto a USB stick, that computer crashed and I got a mac and installed WC3 and Frozen Throne and was able to open the games i saved on the stick in the editor. The model files worked before and they didn't work anymore. I thought that something about saving it to the stick corrupted the files and imports so I downloaded them and reimported them using the same paths that worked before on the windows that showed the model files in both editor and game, only this time it works in the editor and not the game.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
O.M.G ?

Appears in editor and not game !?

I think that is the Mac's problem...normally model do work in game but u need restart editor to view it...now u can view it In editor...means u succesfully imported the model...

And ...please be type in paragraph or some space between...it is hard to read... =O

Grothdmal

Reaction score
Type in a paragraph with spaces or something.

I'll try to remember that.

I'm just a little confused...:banghead:

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
yeah...thats nicer...easy to read...rather than
Code:
askdjfhaklsjdflkasjdf;lkajsd;lfkjasdofiuqwoerjaslmcnz,x.cvnopzidhfljqebklzhxcv;laskdmfadsfaskdjfhakl
askdjfhaklsjdflkasjdf;lkajsd;lfkjasdofiuqwoerjaslmcnz,x.cvnopzidhfljqebklzhxcv;laskdmfadsfaskdjfhakaskdjfhaklsjdflkasjdf;lkajsd;lfkjasdofiuqwoerjaslmcnz,x.cvnopzidhfljqebklzhxcv;laskdmfadsfaskdjfhak
askdjfhaklsjdflkasjdf;lkajsd;lfkjasdofiuqwoerjaslmcnz,x.cvnopzidhfljqebklzhxcv;laskdmfadsfaskdjfhak
askdjfhaklsjdflkasjdf;lkajsd;lfkjasdofiuqwoerjaslmcnz,x.cvnopzidhfljqebklzhxcv;laskdmfadsfaskdjfhak
askdjfhaklsjdflkasjdf;lkajsd;lfkjasdofiuqwoerjaslmcnz,x.cvnopzidhfljqebklzhxcv;laskdmfadsfaskdjfhakaskdjfhaklsjdflkasjdf;lkajsd;lfkjasdofiuqwoerjaslmcnz,x.cvnopzidhfljqebklzhxcv;laskdmfadsfaskdjfhak
right?

>>I'm just a little confused...
confused of?

Mattador

Reaction score
type is a path for us if you dont mind so we can be sure you have it right.

also make sure that your textures are 32 bit textures, even if they dont have an alpha channel.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
textures that dun hav alpha channel cant work even it is 32 bit...
Right?

Grothdmal

Reaction score
I'll attach an image of the item appearing in the editor as well as the path

Here's the path used for the item

War3Impored\FurionStaff.mdx

I know it's not a special path but where i downloaded sed use default path

textures that dun hav alpha channel cant work even it is 32 bit...
Right?
I have no idea

Attachments

• Staff.jpg
    Staff.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 124

Grothdmal

Reaction score
Here's what I get when i try to use the same model in a characters left hand

It just doesnt show up, same path using a villager male to put it on

I got an item and gave it a custom ability with no bonuses and the model

i attached it to hand, left and made sure hand and left were seperate strings

Attachments

• Attachment.jpg
    Attachment.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 128

Mattador

Reaction score
So there might be several issues here.

It could be the attachment thats the problem. Maybe the model, might be the texture.

So first lets make sure the model works. So just place it in the map and make sure it at least shows up. If not then we start there.

My initial thinking is that its a texture path problem. Imported models don't need a special path. You can just leave those as they come in, its the textures that the model references that have to be pathed correctly. It may help to open the model in a model editor and take a look at its texture path. You custom path needs to match that exactly.

Grothdmal

Reaction score
I made the staff into a unit and put that unit on the map, the unit appeared fine
which was surprising to me but w/e

Then i tried to make it an attachment on a units left hand or right hand, theres
where I got a problem, I can use the models for units but not attachments

I opened a map with model attachments and run it and the models worked fine,
i did exactly as i saw with that map basically made an identical copy of that
map and the one i made lol it didnt work, it just didnt work no model files

Mattador

Reaction score
Knowing that its the attachment and not the models or the textures will make it easier.

So how are you attaching it to the models. Your method I mean?

I have attached models to my heroes and it works fine so its definately possible to do it.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
if u have a model with a texture file, import the model and the texture, then remove the path "war3mapimported\" in the TEXTURE, it is ok to leave the path of the model, then save it, and try it ingame...

if the model still goes invisible when it comes to moving, it is maybe the model is destroyed, or the animations are destroyed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.