Quick Music/Sound Question....

Mandrilx

Reaction score
Hi, Ive looked around on other topics but couldnt really find the answer... its a simple quick question:

Ive seen that in some maps, the speed of the music/sound is increased. How do I do this? or is it that they imported modified mp3s? I tryed looking in the sound variables and sound triggers a little with no success. Thanks for the help in advance :D .

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
I know it's possible in JASS, but it might not be able to be done using only GUI.

See if there is any field that increases playspeed in a sound in the Sound Editor. If there is, just change that and set the sound as the music.

Mandrilx

Reaction score
I cant seem to find anything related to the speed in the sound editor. is there a custom script I could use to increase the speed in a sound variable?

Korolen

Reaction score
Hmm...

I opened a Kodo tag (actually I'm not even sure it has sped up music, but it probably does), and found this in the sound initialization section:

JASS:
    set gg_snd_music = CreateSound( "Sound\\Music\\mp3Music\\War2IntroMusic.mp3", true, false, false, 10, 10, "DefaultEAXON" )
    call SetSoundParamsFromLabel( gg_snd_music, "War2Intro" )
    call SetSoundDuration( gg_snd_music, 81136 )
    call SetSoundPitch( gg_snd_music, 1.7 )

Maybe setting duration lower then it should be, or setting the pitch up makes it fast? I don't really understand how sounds work, though, so I'm not really sure.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
there are some programs that edit music and sounds, so get one of those so that you can edit the tempo of the music or sound

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
if u need some sound editing program..check ur mailbox..(PM)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
lol, you helped too much

(Dont help too much, because in the future, maybe the one you helped wont try hard to solve his problem and depends on you)

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
nah...i just...does something same as u =.=

Korolen

Reaction score
Importing a sound will make your map huge, and, seeings how it's possible to do it without those 2+ megs, I would highly recommend playing with those properties I told you about and viewing other maps you know have sped up music until you find the secret.

Mandrilx

Reaction score
Importing a sound will make your map huge, and, seeings how it's possible to do it without those 2+ megs, I would highly recommend playing with those properties I told you about and viewing other maps you know have sped up music until you find the secret.

True, still i appreciate the help ~GaLs~. Maybe ill use ur sound tool some time but ill try to find the way to do it without importing as korolen sais :D .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.