Random Unit Select

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Well, do you mean give a unit a skill? Players are unable to use spells. In other words, create a unit variable, array, and set each one to 1 array and then do, "Unit - Give Ability" and set the unit to "<Unit Variable>[Random Number Between 1-12]".

A new tag map with Taurens as the taggers! Same gameplay ideas, not the same map as Sheep Tag. Runners have to build a base to survive against the Taurens and must last 30 minutes to win. Taurens must pulverize all the Runners within 30 minutes to win. Download Tauren Tag here. Want to learn how to make a tag map? Go to my Tutorial to learn how!

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Well, in that trigger, as I read it, is going to give the skill to all the players that are in the game and are allies of DG. The thing that you should do at intialization is set a variable array to the unit owned by the player, like so:

Code:
[B]Events[/B]
Map Intialization
[B]Conditions[/B]
[B]Actions[/B]
Set <Unit Variable>[1] = Units owned by Player 1 (Red)
Set <Unit Varibale>[2] = Units owned by Player 2 (Blue)
etc..etc...

then do your trigger:

Code:
[B]Events[/B]
Every 5 Seconds
[B]Conditions[/B]
[B]Actions[/B]
Give <Unit Variable>[Random Number Between 1-12] - Carrion Swarm

A new tag map with Taurens as the taggers! Same gameplay ideas, not the same map as Sheep Tag. Runners have to build a base to survive against the Taurens and must last 30 minutes to win. Taurens must pulverize all the Runners within 30 minutes to win. Download Tauren Tag here. Want to learn how to make a tag map? Go to my Tutorial to learn how!

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Okay, the variable is an array, meaning it can be set to 12 individual values, but it's the same variable. I'll give you an example.

Random_Unit[1] = Bear
Random_Unit[2] = Cat

"Unit - Give Random_Unit[1] - Roar"

In this trigger, above, the unit "Random_Unit[1]" gets the ability. In other words: "In this trigger, above, the unit "Bear" gets the ability."

So when you use random numbers, it picks a random unit.

Random_Unit[Random Number Between 1 and 2]

If the random number is 1 then the unit would be "Bear"
If the random number is 2 thne the unit would be "Cat"

Basically, in the second trigger, it's picking a random unit and giving them an ability.

WuHT

Reaction score
did you try unit - add ability ?

In my short experience with this forum, having people pretty much post out the actual word-by-word trigger is rare, as this is more for a brainstorming.

Heh better work on your synonoms.... ie give/bestow/award...etc

WuHT

Reaction score
hmm it worked for me ...
espeically for dummy units the "add ability" works well.

M

Masterfrog

Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
Conditions
(Picked player) Not equal to Player 12 (Brown)
((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Make (Picked player) treat Player 11 (Dark Green) as an Ally with shared vision and full shared units)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Picked player)) and do (Unit - add skill to (Picked unit))

this will work if you instead of putting those conditions in the normal conditions field (there is no picked player at that point. Picked player only exists within a pick all players loop.) make a if then else mutliple conditions action inside the first loop and put those conditions inside the ifthenelse's conditions field (and remove them from the whole triggers condition field) and add the action inside the Then field (the else field should be empty. Also, the Unit group action need to be inside the first pick player loop, after the ifthenelse.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.