AoS Realms of the Genesis v3

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
YEAH! NEW UPDATE!
I love the two new heroes. They are really cool, especially the Arthas hero.
However, I did find the ultimate of the the Death Knight guy somewhat weak when levelling. I think it would be better if it deals Amount Healed * ?. Instead of Amount Healed + ?. It would make levelling the ultimate better, since +10 damage and +10 block isn't really worth levelling, especially since its an ultimate.
If you want to keep the concept as it is, I would suggest that the ultimate and Soul Leech switched places (Soul Leech-> Ultimate, Current Ultimate-> Normal Skill).
Also, Soul Leech has a weird name after you learn it. Its like "Skill3" or something.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
yeah, while I was playing, I noticed that Soul Leech is more important than Pain and Suffering, maybe switch places or something? since pain and suffering is useless without soul leech.

Also, Soul Leech has a weird name after you learn it. Its like "Skill3" or something.
Ha ha ha!!! each time I create heroes, I started with spell 1 to spell 6 with no description, and just made for triggering the spell. I missed that part :p

Edit: Fixed some stuffs inside the map.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
bump updated the map in case you didn't know

I really need testers of the map, and need your feedback on how to improve the game, I also need some item concept ideas, maybe because I'm going to start making the items.

Edit: Want to be updated with RotG v3 each time I worked on it?
Follow RotG v3 at Twitter.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Woah, I just checked the site. You added an AI? Cool :D
But AI can't ever beat Human Players and the cool and funny things they do.
Sigh... I can't get into Garena nowadays. Would love to help you test...

I'll come up with some item concepts tomorrow, do you have any specific requriements for them?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Awesome map, love the heroes and spells.
The AI is pretty retarded... it charges to the towers before the creeps come so it dies, :D And the AI is like... not always there. I mean, some games there's an AI player and then sometimes there isn't one. Is there a command for it? Because the first game I played the AI came by itself.

Item concepts?
-Basic Stat Items (+3 Strength Item/+3 Agility Item/ +3 Intelligence/ +2 All Attributes)
-Advanced Stat Items (+6/10 Stats)
You need those, :) And if you want them to be like all unique items...
Get some ability items, like for example
Deathcrown Shield
A powerful shield used by the Death Knights of legend. When equipped, the magical armor grants the bearer the very power of Death.
+8 Strength
+4 Armor
+30% Chance to block 30 damage
+Death Guardian - when a nearby unit dies, the shield grasps the soul of the victim, and stores it in the shield, up to 10 souls at a time. When the bearer of the shield is under 5% health, the shield will save him from Death temporarily, restoring health according to the amount of souls stored (Soul x 25 Health)

Er... yeah...

Garena... I hate it, but it's for hosting... I shall add you...

:thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Played Lord of Death against AI.
I must admit... the AI is crazy. It rushes to attack my hero and tanked every creep but who cares, at least there's an AI :)

Anyway, Lord of Death owned... Totally. His ultimate combined with Pain and Suffering and Death Wave deals crazy AoE damage if there are creeps around. I suggest a slight nerf to to Pain and Suffering. It can create a chain combo that finishes a whole creep wave and deals crazy damage to enemy heroes. I think it might be better if Pain and Suffering dealth less damage than the amount healed, like Amount Healed * 0.2 for level 1 and Amount Healed * 1.0 when maxed. That way, people (like myself :D) won't just put a level in that ability and deal crazy amounts of damage with it still.

Also, Death Blade's description is rather misleading. It says that it "Deals damage equal to the amount of remaining health the target has" or something. I thought it meant it dealt something like Current Health * 1.0 (or 100% of enemy's current health :S). You might want to fix that.

Army of Death is fine, I don't see any imbalances. However, I just want to know, was triggering Soul Leech part of the re-summoning of Army of Death? 'Cos when you resummoned them, they died and it triggers Soul Leech. Still fine even if it did, cool synergy :)

Soul Leech also seem to heal a really high amount. When 10 units nearby die, you heal for about 400 life and deal damage. Maybe there should be a cap of how much you can heal in a second.

Army of Death also has a tooltip error. Is it 10% chance to create a clone? And how is it created? I didn't know about when the creation thing is triggered, until I realised it was upon killing.

Also, a simple item suggestion:

Staff of Transportation
+movement speed
Active: Teleportation
->Allows teleportation to allied building.

A cool little item to save on travelling time :)
Could be a combined item or something.

EDIT: Remembered a wonderful little tool. Its called Hamachi. Its really useful! It allows people to join a network (users can create networks) and become connected. This can be used for beta testing and stuff :)
Download
Features
If you wanna use it, please create a network so that we can join and beta test RotG when you're free :)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Sorry for the AI guys, the AI was something like, 0% test, and 100% approval, lol. No, really, the AI seems to be OK at start, but after I coded some more features for the AI (it is intended to follow an ally with the highest hp around if it's hp dropped below something) it went wrong, then I realized the timer did it. Now I recoded the AI back, and added a small feature like attacking only a hero or a structure only if it is above level 14 (which doesn't work in some situations. But good thing the AI rushes back to the fountain). Anyways, I won't spend time with the AI because the AI is a replacement for user controlled hero and is most usefull for beta testing on heroes (because some units are different from heroes). If someone more experienced enough for AoS AI making and would like to create AI for the map (even just the basic, laning, item purchasing, and spell using), then that would be great, I would lend that someone my open version of RotG, but first PM me on a sample AOS with an AI.

And the AI is like... not always there. I mean, some games there's an AI player and then sometimes there isn't one. Is there a command for it? Because the first game I played the AI came by itself.
The map can only support 1 AI for the defiled and only for player 8 (PINK). It was only for hero testings, and I am that lonesome that I really have fun playing with the single AI, even though it sucks so hard.

hmm...Item concept in a sense that, replacing Blizzard's item concept, i.e. buy items gain bonus. Take DotA's item recipe concept as an example (buy this, buy that, gain bonus). I'm thinking of something that is unique and not commonly used by aos maps.

GO! for the item ideas. Really need them, complicated or simple item ideas? I'll find a way to create it or modify it to fit RotG's limit. I'm going to start making the basic items first, and then go for the complicated ones, and if I gathered some ideas on the general item concept, then I go for the advance items.

Anyway, Lord of Death owned... Totally. His ultimate combined with Pain and Suffering and Death Wave deals crazy AoE damage if there are creeps around. I suggest a slight nerf to to Pain and Suffering. It can create a chain combo that finishes a whole creep wave and deals crazy damage to enemy heroes. I think it might be better if Pain and Suffering dealth less damage than the amount healed, like Amount Healed * 0.2 for level 1 and Amount Healed * 1.0 when maxed. That way, people (like myself ) won't just put a level in that ability and deal crazy amounts of damage with it still.
You got a point there.

Also, Death Blade's description is rather misleading. It says that it "Deals damage equal to the amount of remaining health the target has" or something. I thought it meant it dealt something like Current Health * 1.0 (or 100% of enemy's current health :S). You might want to fix that.
It is intended. If a unit has 100 remaining life, then it deals 100 damage (good thing it wasn't a hero, because heroes have default magic resistance). Think of a situation that a unit with some sort of magic resistance (like heroes), if 100 damage, then reduce 100 damage, if it only reduced 10 damage, then the unit will have some remaining life. This is the way I coded the spell maybe for summoned units (in the future) that was loved most by its hero could not take it if it's summon dies, making the hero protects the summon with all it can (applying some resistance, etc.).

Army of Death is fine, I don't see any imbalances. However, I just want to know, was triggering Soul Leech part of the re-summoning of Army of Death? 'Cos when you resummoned them, they died and it triggers Soul Leech. Still fine even if it did, cool synergy
It was intended. Soul Leech triggers if any non-structure dies nearby.

Soul Leech also seem to heal a really high amount. When 10 units nearby die, you heal for about 400 life and deal damage. Maybe there should be a cap of how much you can heal in a second.
I need to find a way for this to make the heal part constant, or maybe, heal something like 20/40/60 and deals bonus damage to pain and suffering to something like 40/80/120. How about that?

EDIT: Remembered a wonderful little tool. Its called Hamachi. Its really useful! It allows people to join a network (users can create networks) and become connected. This can be used for beta testing and stuff
What the!! I searched for this before having Garena and all I found is something like you need to pay for it. Thanks!!

I don't know if I uploaded the new AI version map here. I'm going to upload it by the way.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I need to find a way for this to make the heal part constant, or maybe, heal something like 20/40/60 and deals bonus damage to pain and suffering to something like 40/80/120. How about that?
Sounds good :D

What the!! I searched for this before having Garena and all I found is something like you need to pay for it. Thanks!!
No problem :). Have you created a new network?

I don't know if I uploaded the new AI version map here. I'm going to upload it by the way.
Cool :) Thanks!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I just created a network RotG v3 in hamachi
I just don't know if I can host or join, because I don't know how to set up port forwarding in my router.

Network name: RotGv3
Password: realmsofthegenesis

me online in Garena, come play with me, PM me "waaaks!" is my user name.
Room: Philippines TFT 1.23 DotA Room 04 (I'm always stay at this room)

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Network name: RotGv3
Password: realmsofthegenesis
Ok, joined. You should be able to host in Hamachi, I think. If you see me online, start a chat with me (I'm Zack1996 :D). I'll try to join the game.
If it doesn't work, try www.portforward.com
I also heard that you can use Lancraft to reduce gameplay delay. Haven't tried it though.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I now can host games. I tried lancraft and it was easier than hamachi, try downloading lancraft for joiners, and battle.lan for hosters, I downloaded the 2 softwares, but I think hamachi is much more easier to connect.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Can you tell me a date that you're free or something? We can test the map together then :)
Also, what platform do you prefer? Garena, Hamachi, Lancraft, Battle.net etc.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Erm, bump for what, lulz.
But repeat:
Also, what platform do you prefer? Garena, Hamachi, Lancraft, Battle.net etc.
So we can test together, o_O

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
hi prefer hamachi? does hamachi supports 5 players right?
It can support up to 16 people per network. One host can be in 2 networks at once to increase the chances of getting someone online and join your game :)
Free today?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.