AoS Realms of the Genesis v3

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
oh yeah, I hope I can complete the items and heroes, then it would be fun to play multiplayer.

waaaks! I remember some comments about the bosses being too weak. I remembered someone saying that the Neutral Towers own more than the Boss himself 0_o
lol, no skills on the boss for now, later on after the rune system and some stuffs that are my priorities, I'll add fully triggered spells on the bosses.

I'm trying to replicate the rune system from DotA, it needs a little more tweaking and I'll be making the runes (and my favorite rune, the Retro Rune, the star power-up from super mario, killing creeps on collision without the bounty).

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Updated

map updated, added rune system, mainly I based the runes from DotA and just added a new custom rune, the Null rune (black), if a non-structure or a non-hero unit (regardless allied or enemy) collides with your hero (excluding the bosses), they will die without bounty given

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Wow. A Null rune. Total ownage~!

I can probably play at around 7.30pm GMT+8. Would be great if we could test the map and try out the cool new runes :)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I'm also at GMT +8 philippines, I just need to finish the creep agro system and then I can play with you guys, it would be fun if we can play with members here in thehelper (TheWrongVine, and others).

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Cool! How does the system work?
Anyway, I'm free at around 8, wanna play-test?

EDIT: New hero? Cool!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
the system works like dota's creep agro system, if you attack a hero, nearby enemy creeps will attack you.

I can't play-test now, because the internet connection is very slow, maybe next time.
Yeah I'm thinking of another hero to be added.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
So... How's the new hero going? There wasn't any bumps for a long time so I figured I'd bump it 0_o

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
hmm, kinda busy this week, I was assigned to make the video for the project for our section, I'm working fast, I just need time.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
BUMP
done adding EPIC abilities on the Ancient Guardian (only 2 for now)

I'm still working on the fade lightning system which will be used in the future, and mostly be used on Storm, the hero I am currently working.

Also fixed the bug on creep agro system. Added wtf system (like dota's wtf, jus for fun though). Again nerfed Whirlwind, lowered Sin attack damage.
I'll upload the map after creating Storm the Sea Witch, I just need more ideas for her.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
:D
The boss has 2 EPIC abilities now? AWESOME! I just hope it doesn't disable or anything, the towers does really good damage (some say the towers are worse than the Ancient Guardian 0_o)

LOL! WTF mode would be awesome xD Probaly won't be played in beta tests (unless you feel like doing something extremely random)

Balances seem fair. Babarian had had some rather fair buffs. Sinnergy was epic in the last beta test 0_o

I'm guessing the fade lightning system is used to control lightning effects and stuff. Looking forward to how it will look.

Which side is the Sea Witch on? The Beholders, I guess. Some possible ideas for her abilities:

Maelstorm- Conjures a powerful storm that shoots out bolts of electricity. When an enemy is hit by a bolt, it will increase the chances of another bolt landing near the hero (who said lightning never struck the same place twice 0_o)

Storm Leash- Locks the unit with a storm leash, forcing it to be dragged along with you if the distance between you and the target is greater than a specific value.

EDIT: I re-read the 17 pages of this thread. I have no life xD

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Balances seem fair. Babarian had had some rather fair buffs. Sinnergy was epic in the last beta test 0_o
Whirlwind
Damage 100/200/300
Mana 50/75/100
Cooldown 20

Sin's damage at level 1 is in between 30 and 38
I'm guessing the fade lightning system is used to control lightning effects and stuff. Looking forward to how it will look.
It simply looks like Blizzard's lightning, what I hate about triggering lightning is, it doesnt fade (not like chain lightning or any other lightnings on wc3), thats why i created a whole system for this
Which side is the Sea Witch on? The Beholders, I guess. Some possible ideas for her abilities:

Maelstorm- Conjures a powerful storm that shoots out bolts of electricity. When an enemy is hit by a bolt, it will increase the chances of another bolt landing near the hero (who said lightning never struck the same place twice 0_o)

Storm Leash- Locks the unit with a storm leash, forcing it to be dragged along with you if the distance between you and the target is greater than a specific value.
At the defiled
Maelstrom is the first ability I thought about for sea witch. Anyways, good ideas, need to balance this up and these will be applicable on storm.

OFFTOPIC:
Just downloaded all the albums of Linkin Park and started to listen it, then some sort of flashback came into my mind, it was a memory of me creating the very first Realms of the Genesis version around v1-6. I don't know what you call that, but each time I am listening to my old mp3 files, I kinda remember RotG (because I always listen to music each time I edit the map, and RotG v1 has the longest time on editing).

The Beatles: Terraining RotG
Linkin Park: Heroes
Eraserheads (local band): more on balancing

That's why yesterday, I was inspired due to that flash back. lol

EDIT: Unlocking the bases now doesn't make the towers neutral aggresive

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
It simply looks like Blizzard's lightning, what I hate about triggering lightning is, it doesnt fade (not like chain lightning or any other lightnings on wc3), thats why i created a whole system for this
Sometimes, its really amazing what Blizzard forgot to do. Stuff like removing leaks and stuff, also this 0_o
OFFTOPIC:
Just downloaded all the albums of Linkin Park and started to listen it, then some sort of flashback came into my mind, it was a memory of me creating the very first Realms of the Genesis version around v1-6. I don't know what you call that, but each time I am listening to my old mp3 files, I kinda remember RotG (because I always listen to music each time I edit the map, and RotG v1 has the longest time on editing).

The Beatles: Terraining RotG
Linkin Park: Heroes
Eraserheads (local band): more on balancing

That's why yesterday, I was inspired due to that flash back. lol
Its really weird what motivates you 0_o. But Flashbacks are really important sometimes. I always have flashbacks of the group of B.Net friends that I used to play with... I miss them so much :( Some of them don't even play Warcraft anymore D:

Back to the quote, what's your favourite Linkin Park Song? Lol.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I don't have any fave linkin park song, I just starts listening to them, not even knowing the title of the song, lol.

EDIT: looks like I am going to place Sea Witch in the Beholders

Sea Witch
Storm

Maelstorm (Water)
Conjures an angry tornado that shoots out bolts of electricity randomly
near Storm and passively strikes enemy units who attack's Storm.

Storm Gust (Water)
Leaves a stormy cloud on Storm's position that greatly slows enemy units
that are away from the storm's eye (center of the storm).

Wind Rider (Water)
Instantly creates a strong wind beneath Storm, sending her above ground,
making her invulnerable, while in this state, she starts shooting minor
wind gusts, randomly around her, each dealing damage to enemy units.
Lasts 2.5/3/3.5/4

Trade WInds (water, passive)
Each time storms uses her own abilities, she passively sends out a pulse
of wind, dealing damage to enemy units.

Eye of Storm (ulti)
Summons the cold and warm winds on Storm's wake, creating two tornadoes
that circles around storm, striking lightning bolts to enemy units that
collides with the tornadoes, knocking non-hero units back.

Lightning Leash (Static)
Creates a lightning leash between Storm and her target, while the leash is
on, Storm starts converting the target's defensive ability to her own
protection passing through the link, the link snaps when the target gets
too far from Storm, returning the converted energy to the target's defense.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
bump

Just downloaded patch 1.24, I fixed some return bugs and compiled safely, BUT, the map isn't running on warcraft 3, this means a lot of researching and TAE (test and error) mode.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
BUMP
fixed the map, now working on 1.24, now this version can only be played in 1.24, so anyone who wants to play the map, please update your warcraft 3 to 1.24

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I will be starting to work on Sea Witch, I just spent my time on fixing for 1.24

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
I planned on 2 heroes for 1 release, 1 for the beholders and 1 for the defiled, I'm thinking of some spider hero for the defiled, which is fully inspired from the nature of web-spawning spiders seen around (slows enemy units that are caught in the web, make the spider move and attack fast while in the web, spider sense thing)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.