Recipe RECIPE - Sausage Ball Bites

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
sausage_balls.jpg

Sausage Ball Bites

These Sausage Ball Bites are delicious as an appetizer or party snack!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound uncooked sausage (spicy sausage can be used)
  • 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
  • 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
  • 1 tsp slap ya mama cajun seasoning (optional)
  • 1 can 10 ounces Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained (you can subsitute a 10 ounces diced tomatos and a small can of diced jalepenos if you want to heat it up)
  • 8 ounces softened cream cheese
  • 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • Baking sheet
  • Large mixing bowl
Instructions:
  • Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and well grease a baking sheet
  • In the large mixing bowl, combine the uncooked sausage, seasonings (optional), softened cream cheese, drained Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, Bisquick, and shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • Mix everything until well combined.
  • Shape the mixture into bite-sized balls, roughly 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter, and place them on a baking sheet
  • Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the sausage balls are golden brown and cooked through
  • Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before serving
Enjoy!

Notes:

• Do NOT just mix everything together all at once, do it in stages, especially the Bisquick. Mix ingredients as you add them and break the Bisquick down into thirds and mix thoroughly
  • You do not have to use Bisquik - try cheddar biscuit mix or some other kind of biscuit mix for the flavor you are going for.
  • Make sure to soften your cream cheese, either leave it out for a while or put in microwave. You need the cream cheese to NOT stick the ingredients together when you mix
  • The more you mix it, the more it is going to have that texture you want
  • Use an unslotted silicon spatula to mix, that way you can easily clean your mixing utensil by just scraping on the side of the mixing bowl
  • Well grease your baking pan as it can stick and leave you without the bottom crust
  • Make the balls the right size if you are doing party snacks or appetizers. If you are just making for yourself you can do bigger but if you are doing snacks make sure the balls are like a large marble and a half so you can get enough for everyone
  • Add the optional ingredients as it is much better with the spices and the jalapeno :)
Source:

Cooking By Diana

See all the Recipes in the Recipes Index!

Last edited:

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
sausage_balls_first.jpg

That is my first try at this. A test batch. They are way too big and I think I need to add some garlic and onion powder. I know I am using jalapenos instead of chilies on the batch that I am taking to the get together. This practice run was good as I think I will be able to nail the final product tomorrow!

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the pics of the final batch

When you mix it all up I found it helps to use a bigger container and do it in stages. Don't just dump it all in and stir, expecially the bisquick. Here is what the mixture looks like before forming the balls.

IMG_20240211_143956638_HDR.jpg

Make sure you grease your baking sheet well or it will stick. Don't make the balls too big - about the size of a big marble and a half is good.

IMG_20240211_152740185_HDR.jpg

And here is the final product!

IMG_20240211_180708746.jpg

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Recipe has been updated to the latest version :) Added the Notes Section and the optional ingredients. I really enjoyed making this recipe and everyone really seemed to like it at the Super Bowl Party! I am glad that I decided to make a practice run on this because the final product was so much better. The Deviled Eggs in the top left corner with the Cerrano pepper on the top really stole the show though :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.