Region shifts when map loads

WBL

Reaction score
When I start my game, the region I set in the world editor shifts over a little to the upper right.

Anyone ever have this problem and any ideas how to fix this?

Does variable regions affect this? Maybe variables overlapping due to other triggers?

Or does number of players effect it? It seems to work fine with 3-4 players, but when it's 10 players, it shifts.

Do I need more wait time during initialize?

I am baffled.

PoZoR

Reaction score
i've never encountered this problem before, but im guessing problems may arise if you are using region-moving triggers, or if your world editor is a bit messed up, possibly if your map dimensions are too large, or if you are using some glitchy editor, or if you are using conflicting mixed tilesets, but these are all just guesses.

istar

Reaction score
do you have slopes, raised terrain there? it could be just 'optical illusion'

WBL

Reaction score
nope, but I do have several units moving to the region, spawning at the region, polar offset from the region and there's 3 other regions overlapping it.

WBL

Reaction score
Solution?

Ah ha! I think i know what my problem is, after sleeping on it a couple of days.

The removerect function destroys the instance of the rectangle in my map right? That's why when I reference it again, it's no longer there so it moves the point to the center of my map, which is just a little to the upper right of my region that I destroyed.

I'm I correct? Removerect destroys the physical region as well as the variable.

Also, does anyone know the difference between removerect and removeregion?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.