Other Roller Coaster

What Do you think of roller Coaster?

• Cool Game, I would play this, and more then once.

Votes: 85 63.0%
  • Yes Sounds Like Somthing i might would try once.

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Sounds intersting, But I dont think i would enjoy playing it

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • This is a horrible game idea, or a horrible game idea for warcraft

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Were you the one who started a bot to host this game?

Cause that bot was hosting a bugged version xD I think...

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
? Nope. I had a Auto rf program on once so people could dl it.

The problem with roller coaster, is i keep adding in features and changeing thigns around thus "Alpha". many times when i do this some features get broke. But before any offical releases i try my best to check if everything is working as it should. So theres a chance i was testing somthing online and someone hosted it.

The current version is pretty clean, but i think it still has a few bugs i am trying to sort out.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
congratz, I saw it hosted using a host bot.

Currently it's the 81st game.

Wow, looks like it's high on demand :thup:

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
Looks awesome.

Suggestion: Make the map bigger so you don't see the boundaries, and work on the terrain/doodads in the background.

rover2341

Reaction score
Version Alpha 2.5
* New Terrain
* Park Coaster (A Roller Coaster That's in the center of the map for anyone to ride)
* Ability to ride others coasters
* Rider Slightly tweaked (Looks at tracks better)
* Improved Tool Tips (No More "Rotates xy angle...")
* Added a Unit that you can wounder the park with
* Fixed Speed issue (They used to start slow the first run, and then fast after. now they always start fast)
* Several Small Bug Fixes
* Several miss spelled words fixed.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
I have an idea, make different types of tracks like, Chains, that allow the coaster to go up, with out slowing down, and make it more realistic like if it doesnt have enough speed to go up the next hill, then it will get to the furthest it can go and start going back down, that way the physics are more realistic. Because if the drop isn't big enough for the next raise then it wont make it up the next raise... Right now the coaster just stops decreasing speed at like 100 or something.

rover2341

Reaction score
I plan to rework the physics at some point.
But not for a bit. when your at 100, it means your being pulled.

Cool idea but, i am not 100% sure i will go with it as it will make the game harder to learn. I have spent alot of my time figuring out how to lower that learning curve.

rover2341

Reaction score
Version Alpha 2.5a
*Added Color to Hot Key
*Revamped First Person Rider. (You should see the tracks better when turning)
*Lowered start speed and how fast you slow down/speed up on hills.
*Fixed Holes in park (You cant walk in peoples coaster area now)
*Fixed bug when riding others coasters
*Rare Tips Error Fixed
*Music Added
*More miss spelled words fixed.
*Fixed small terrain issues
*Removed Debug Text

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Holy... TOTAL OWNAGE~!
THE NEW VERSION PWNS LIFE AND DEATH!
Its totally awesome, can't believe anyone could make something like this. Would be cooler if we could increase the base speed of the coaster :)
ROLLA%20COASTA.jpg

Zack's Coaster~!

Craka_J

Reaction score
Just want to give you my own input on my first time playing Roller Coaster. Though the idea of roller coasters in WarCraft III is awesome, and I really do love how you did it, there were some flaws in it and I feel that this cool map can be so much better.

When I first started riding my roller coaster, I was excited to see how it'd play out. Immediately I was impressed on how you executed the camera to work so well and almost seamlessly in the view of a roller coaster passenger... truly brilliant. I got anxious as the roller coaster climbed up the first part of the track (this was no baby roller coaster, the thing was pretty damn huge) and when it started going down and continued to go down, I suddenly became dissatisfied and disappointed. The roller coaster didn't accelerate realistically and wasn't fast, even though the coaster I made should have been fast since the drop was pretty steep and very, very tall. The loops weren't great, but I understand it's probably the best you can do in the WarCraft III engine and although I wasn't impressed by how it looked (especially when I wasn't in it) I was definitely surprised on how you did it and made it work even in the passenger seat of the coaster.

So the main problem is that it's a bit choppy and slow. Otherwise it is definitely a cool concept and I hope you improve it. Speaking of improve, I've got an idea to extend your map further... Roller Coaster Tycoon! Oh sure, you probably got this suggestion a hundred times already, but that should be enough proof that such a decision would be good for you in the end overall with accumulating more fans/attracted players. Whether the Roller Coaster Tycoon map would be playable online or not, I'd sure as hell give it a go and play it often actually if it were done well. Think of it this way... if we can play a 2D Roller Coaster Tycoon and have a blast, the getting the player's approval of a 3D version for WarCraft shouldn't be as difficult.

What would you have to include? The building of ferris wheels, carousels, food stalls, and other fun amusement park attractions. I know it sounds like a long-shot, but hell, if you can make a roller coaster work, you can just about get the rest done, no problem.

rover2341

Reaction score
The roller coaster didn't accelerate realistically and wasn't fast, even though the coaster I made should have been fast since the drop was pretty steep and very, very tall. The loops weren't great, but I understand it's probably the best you can do in the WarCraft III engine....

My Current Build Changes this. :) (Should be the first of June or sooner. I got one bug i got to work out then ill release it)
Its something i have been avoiding for months but I got new physics engine and now you can go Much faster. The old physics engine was Terrabile. Also when you turn now, you don't Turn SUPER fast, and stop. In other words the camera moves at the rate it should.

What would you have to include? The building of ferris wheels, carousels, food stalls, and other fun amusement park attractions. I know it sounds like a long-shot, but hell, if you can make a roller coaster work, you can just about get the rest done, no problem.

I thought this though about 9 months ago. I even have alot of the code for huge features that i expect will work just right for warcraft players. (Simple Yet Fun) This is something you are just gona have to wait on. My goal is get all the game modes in by the end of the summer.

Something some people may or may not realize is that i cut out many features i had in my first build. about 8 months ago. Because the learning curve was too high. But it was a much more flexible system. Anyway When Theme Park Mode is done... Then you tell me if the game feels complete.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
So if there is a new physics engine did you add sliding instead of moving? because 522 isn't fast at all you reach max speed right after you start going down(exaturation.) But once Theme Park mode is done, im going to be a big fan..

Craka_J

Reaction score
Definitely looking forward to the update. And I am certainly anticipating this 'theme park mode' you mentioned. :D

rover2341

Reaction score
Version Alpha 2.6
*New Physics Engine
*Removed All Major Leaks (Jass is used for the leaks)
*Increased Max Speed
*Increased Start Speed
*Improved Rider Camera
*Rebuilt Several Other Functions Of The Rider (Much Cleaner Code)
*Fixed All known Bugs
*Added Functionality When Riding Others Coasters.
*Updated Quest Menu
*No Lag when clicking on spells for first time

Download Here

rover2341

Reaction score
Version Alpha 2.6a
*Fixed Stats (Required a Tweak because of Physics engine)
*Fixed bug with "? mark"
*Updated and Fixed a minor bug in Quest Menu
*Fixed Camera Issues when on other players coasters
*Fixed Leek in show speed function

Download Here

rover2341

Reaction score
Bump. (I need 30 more dl to make top 10....)
I also am working on next version but i need to know what to fix.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I just saw your video and I just wanted to say bravo. And all in GUI I saw on the page with your video - just wow. Definite rep cookie.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.