Other Roller Coaster

What Do you think of roller Coaster?

• Cool Game, I would play this, and more then once.

Votes: 85 63.0%
  • Yes Sounds Like Somthing i might would try once.

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Sounds intersting, But I dont think i would enjoy playing it

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • This is a horrible game idea, or a horrible game idea for warcraft

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Fine, Done and Done. It but i don't plan on updating game to this site for a week or two, as i like to have updates have servel things done in them.

Thanks For the good information.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Fine, Done and Done. It but i don't plan on updating game to this site for a week or two, as i like to have updates have servel things done in them.

Thanks For the good information.
That's all up to you, I'm just telling you how to make it more realistic for people to enjoy actually riding it more ;).

Hope you read my edit? Seems I was abit off regarding how it came to accure that it went up hill faster after going downhill :rolleyes: Ah well. Can't always be right! :p

-Lindenkron

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
lol in AI mode when I get with the tracks near the villager the tracks start to attack him :nuts:

I don't know if I have the right version but this version is a little bugged :p

rover2341

Reaction score
I didn't mean to add the ai mode, i forgot to disable it. as it not done. Sorry about that. Ya you most likely got the right version.

Edit*

Also any screen shots anyone wants to do again. like the current ones, but this time there is a new skin. I need to get those updated.
If no one wants to ill get them in a few days.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
This was a pretty cool game, although it lacks features at the moment. I'm certain that you'll be adding plenty more though, so good luck :D. I'll be looking forward to multiplayer mode personally.

rover2341

Reaction score
Well, I spent a while trying to figure out how to move this to mulitplayer. (Today)
I had it in mind the hole time, and i am still trying to figure this out. But i Decided early on that this project will be hard enough, them to try to make everything work mulitplayer as i go, so i out it on hold.
Gona be sorta tricky, as there are a crap load of things going on and values to keep track of.
This would be a very easy task if i had arrays that could go.
x[4][1000]. 4 for players and 1000 for tracks to keep track of.
But because i cant do this in the gui, ill have to make a system that basically does the same thing because, x[4000] holds the same amount of data. But i will have to change this throw out the code, as needed. So its not just copy paste, certain parts will need it to be slightly different.

In other words this is gonna be a pain. But I can make it work, the truth is it should only take me 2-4 hours once i figure out how i gonna do this. The biggest issue is, that if i start this i cant do anything else till i finish this, or nothing will work. Ill have to wait for the week end to start this, because this is a task i need to do all in one or two days . not a little by little, or it will get all mixed up.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
rover if i may suggest when im in need of that kind of thing using udgs i did something like
<name>_P<number>_<specifice class>
like for dialogs i had
D_P1_Items
D_P1_Buttons
D_P1_Menus
for my bank system
i hope this will help :)

rover2341

Reaction score
Ah, But i have learned one too many times, that it might be easier in the short run to make a set of variables per player, but in the long run it super painful.
I Got it so i only had to add 1 variable and i can use my current ones to make all 4-8 players work.

Anyway By end of March "I Should" Have mulitplayer done, Plus the AI challenge mode.
I also got about 5 other big things that need changed or added.(Intro Explaining,Rider Camera Changed, Rider Cart updated,Terran Work, Theme Park Mode, ect....) eh this project will never end will it..... Anyway Maybe by the end of April this project will be into beta! Thats the Goal!

CaptDeath

Reaction score
and one more thing imo
its better to have 3 new things that work than 5 new things that dont

as in take your time

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
I still like my idea for multi-player. Where one player is the theame park, and the others have a customer, and they are like fp, too. I think that would be awesome. Also to get the true theame park feeling, it needs like food stands, and bath rooms, and stuff to make the customers happy. When you go to a theame park you dont just ride the rides, go home to eat then come back... Also no one just rides the rides, you need attractions, and stuff.

rover2341

Reaction score
Fire-Wolf
I hear ya. I also hear it alot from others. But As my goal is to go mulitplayer, so its not gona happen soon.
But I may still be able to make a mode thats 1 player that has all that functionality but, Its gonna have to be in a latter version.

Looking Back

Anyway I decided to look up two threads i had about roller coaster a while back, and see what people thought of my idea then. I am also reflecting on it, with the next under the quotes.

Anyway i think it would be a fun game but it would require a lot of triggering and it would have a lot of bugs.. Good luck!

This is sorta true. The Base is done is about 5 triggers (Making And Riding). and is less then 50 lines of code, but when you add functions like, check if the track is going into the ground or the functions for the user interface ect ect...
Also hardly any bugs just logic errors.

Yes I know that but imagine 50+ sliding units at the same time almost constant sliding.

I Said back, "Why do i have to use have sliding", at this point i don't have it.

Currently i am happy i didn't, and if i decide to add it latter on then thats fine too. (Considering , but too many other cool features i want to do first)

It would be fun if possible, but due to the fact its Warcraft III, I don't like it....not 3-dish...and I never even played a ROLLER COASTER game...but if you can make it...I would definitely try it out.
sounds cool....sounds hard though >.<
Sounds VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY FUN!!!!

But i think its VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HARD!!!!
he is right is sounds possible but in my mind (b/c i don't know a lot about the world editor and how it works) i don't see it working. i bet in can.

if you end up making it (i wish you do) then can you send me the map so i can try it out

Cheesy Said....
It sounds fun, but I doubt you would be able to make it. At least not easily. It would take some heavy triggering especially since it is user created. But prove me wrong. Make this and show me that I shouldn't have doubted you. Good luck.
No Faith...But at least , you said go ahead and try to prove you wrong. I believe i have, even if the project has more work to be done. (Cheesy Is still cool, but i hope you have more faith in my projects now)

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Mate. You read the correct explanation of why rollercoasters in real life don't lose speed?
On real rollercoasters when the wagon comes down from a high hill and starts to lose speed, there are rubber wheels on the tracks, spinning at high speed. So when the wagon passes, its 'slung' up the next hill, giving the illusion that it is still going in high speed without losing speed. So it's being boosted before going up a high hill.

You won't need to show the actual wheels, but just don't make the wagon lose alot of speed before the end of the ride (ofcause still make it somewhat realistic hehe).

gl,
-Lindenkron

rover2341

Reaction score
I have, but i am still tempted not to add it lol.

But if i don't ill add a way to have a track increase your speed like the thing your talking about so then it will do what you want. but only by using something that adds to the speed. My reasons for this is it logically drives me nuts even if it makes sence.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This game is better than I last played it, but when I compare this to roller coaster tycoon(the first one), it lacks(so far). Mainly because RCT has different types of roller coasters and that the roller coaster not only have different graphics but some can go up-side-down, some can go faster(have a greater potential), and some are more expensive. different types of roller coasters could be incorporated into every mode too, and would greatly boost the fun amount.

Arre

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is cool but it will be more fun if you can crash and be able if you want to move fast or slow.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
You should really add sliding, the current maximum speed 522 bores the hell out of me since it is really slow..

rover2341

Reaction score
I considered it. And still do. But it would have to come latter as, to me there are more important things to get done first.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Any news lately? I want to play the 4 person but theres no point as i cant host..

rover2341

Reaction score
UPDATED
4 Player Version! Should run same as last version except 4 people can play at once!
(update may look small but was not easy....I hard to pretty much rebuild the game, so it will work for as many players as i want...)

FireWolf....
The next few things i add will be pointless for you.
A Question mark to help new players, a way to vote and ride others coasters. Thats my next step.
But the version after you will have fun playing solo. I hate to say give me time but lol that's what i need. (Ai Challenge Mode)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think we need to add something to the bottom of the front page that shows the Headline News forum that has a link to go to the News Forum Index so people can see there is more news. Do you guys see what I am saying, lets say you read all the articles on the front page and you get to the end and it just ends, no kind of link for MOAR!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Wednesday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.