Other Roller Coaster

What Do you think of roller Coaster?

• Cool Game, I would play this, and more then once.

Votes: 85 63.0%
  • Yes Sounds Like Somthing i might would try once.

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Sounds intersting, But I dont think i would enjoy playing it

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • This is a horrible game idea, or a horrible game idea for warcraft

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
lindenkron

Sweet, Thanks Alot. Ill Give it a shot to get this done some time today.
(I Talking about the Skins Of course) I downloaded the skins, but it says i didn't. so anyway.

make it hit 522 speed faster than it currently does

Eh i still have to disagree with you, doesn't mean i wont change it as everyone ask me to do just that. (In testing) But to me that means if you make a huge hill you max out relly fast. But ill change it so you speed up faster.

Also, a REALLY helpfull feature I think would be being able to 'sit in the rollercoaster' while making it. If you're seing the tracks from the view of the rollercoaster it would be easyer to see which way is which way .
As it would be a really helpful feature, i could sorta disagree. But the fact that many users like your self i am sure would like it, consider it done. (it will be done before beta starts, not in next version though.)

Daskunk
Your English isn't always the best in your map.
Thats true, but i am not focusing on that at the moment, as i am not 100% sure what i will put as the tool tips and name of things. No worries before beta i got someone whos good at spelling and grammer that will go throw all seen text in the game and clean it up. Shes done a bit already, but most of it was in my documentation for the game. i may post it latter, when its finished.
Ninva
Sloooooooow carts.

Perhaps, With out sliding triggers, not too much i can do about speed. I got a few things that should help. in the next version or the one after. But In real life i don't like fast carts, i am nommaly like... Its too FAST! and i get all scared-ed and stuff. But in the game this is being worked on.

But thanks for the comment.

Controls (learning To build a coaster)
The control's work perfect, are not confusing, and make sense once you learn them.. But there is nothing explaining them so you CAN learn them.
Well, I got new icons that will be in next version, i Think They will help.
Other wise what do you mean? Explaining them, better tool tips, a intro how to play vid?

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
>>Sweet, Thanks Alot. Ill Give it a shot to get this done some time today.
(I Talking about the Skins Of course) I downloaded the skins, but it says i didn't. so anyway.

You downloaded the skins but it says you didn't ? What exactly do you mean?

Just press the attachments and download them to your desktop? :)

-Lindenkron

rover2341

Reaction score
Ill most likely get it.
I think i did everything you said. But when the game loads in the editor it says.

Can not load file, 0 degrees wood.mdl
I know i put it in as a mdx. I put the path you said. Do i also import the texture to warcraft?
In the viewer program i could see it with the texture. And saved it as "0 degrees wood.mdx"

Ill keep at it, i most likely making some stupid mistake.

Edit*

I cant open the mdx, after i save it in the viewer it says the texture isnt there. But if i put the texture in the folder it works fine...
But if i add the texture and the mdx to warcraft. it doesnt seem to work. hmm

Import the new file, together with the attached file --> Look down at attachments.
You mean import the new files. the model.mdx and the texture
As two files. K i think i did that. still messing with it... (freak got to go, ill get back on it in a hour or two)

lindenkron

Reaction score
When you use War3ModelEditor and open a .mdl / .mdx file, you need to have the file (Metal/Wood.blp) texture there otherwise it cannot open the file since it requires a texture there ain't there.

You will get the message:
Unable to load "wood.blp", file does not exists
because the path of the texture it needs to add to the model is not there. Make sure the paths are all correct, and all the skins are loaded into your warcraft map.

Example:
Import F12
0 Degree model.mdl (With a texture changed to 'wood.blp'
wood.blp

Both files imported.

-Lindenkron

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Thats true, but i am not focusing on that at the moment, as i am not 100% sure what i will put as the tool tips and name of things. No worries before beta i got someone whos good at spelling and grammer that will go throw all seen text in the game and clean it up. Shes done a bit already, but most of it was in my documentation for the game. i may post it latter, when its finished.
I was just noting that bad grammar\english might also make the controls harder to understand.

Well, I got new icons that will be in next version, i Think They will help.
Other wise what do you mean? Explaining them, better tool tips, a intro how to play vid?
You're tossed into a mostly blank map. Nothing tells you what you are suppose to do.

Better icons would help, but I doubt a very small pictures as icons will ever be enough by them selves. Better tooltips would also help, but I think a intro at the start of the game (that you may skip if you wish) explaining exactly how the controlls worked would be best.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Ooo, very nice. I enjoyed playing it.
4/5 for the CURRENT stage of the map. As it improves, my score may improve as well.
:D:D:D:D:)

rover2341

Reaction score
Lindenkron

What i did.

Step 1) I got Warcraft 3 model editor
Step 2) I opened Warcraft 3 model Editor
Step 3) I put the (0 Degrees CB.mdx)and the (wood.blp) in a folder.\
Step 4) I opened the (0 Degrees CB.mdx)in warcraft 3 model editor
Step 5) I saved it as (0 Degrees CB.mdl)
Step 6) I closed Warcraft 3 model editor
Step 7) I Opened (0 Degrees CB.mdl) Model as a text file.
Step 8) I changed the path from "Texture\White.blp" To "wood.blp"
Step 9) I saved it
Step 10) I Opened Warcraft 3 model Editor
Step 11) I Opened (0 Degrees CB.mdl) it shows the texture applied
Step 12) I save it as (0 Degrees CB Wood.mdx)
Step 13) I Imported (0 Degrees CB Wood.mdx) and (wood.blp)
Step 14) I set the to a unit model custom path to (war3mapImported\0 Degrees CB Wood.mdx) and it auto changes to (war3mapImported\0 Degrees CB Wood.mdl).
Note: This is the same as all the other models on the units though.
Step 15) I saved the map then closed it, Then reopened the map in the editor.
Step 16) Create a unit, and it should work....

It says.... "Could not load file: war3mapImported\0 Degrees CB Wood.mdl"
Not sure what i am doing wrong.

Ill attach the files in a sec

Daskunk

K ill add this at some point, i think what you suggest is wise.

Zurtrogx

Thanks

lindenkron

Reaction score
You should import .mdx files.

Did you make sure the Texture in your import manager says:
"wood.blp"
NOT
"war3import\wood.blp" ? :rolleyes:

If you did, then something else is wrong and I'll take the map and add it to show you. I added it before and it worked just fine for me :)

-Lindenkron

rover2341

Reaction score
"wood.blp" Path in warcraft import Manager says "wood.blp"
"0 Degrees CB Wood.mdx" Path in warcraft import Manager says "war3mapImported\0 Degrees CB Wood.mdx"

Edit*

It Works!

After Changing
"0 Degrees CB Wood.mdx" Path in warcraft import Manager says "war3mapImported\0 Degrees CB Wood.mdx"

To This

"0 Degrees CB Wood.mdx" Path in warcraft import Manager says "0 Degrees CB Wood.mdx"

It worked, Thanks alot for sticking with me and making the skins. :)

rover2341

Reaction score
Update Version Alpha 2.0

This update is mostly a visual update.

Added Skin To Track. (looks all wooden now, more warcraft like)
Almost All new Icons.
Better Tool Tips. (They still need some work)
Added Hot Keys.
Better Tips.
You now speed up and slow down 50% faster. And start off faster. (It doesn't feel so slow anymore)
Coaster Stats Updated
Fixed Some Bugs And few more minor updates

I was hoping to show the Ai, this version but its not quite right yet, You should be able to expect it next version.

Things likely to come next version.

AI Challenge should be done.
preview picture.
All Grammar To be gone throw.
Several languages supported.
Rider Cam, adjusted and one more camera added to it.
Fix Cart to better ride on tracks. (This Needs to get done, i just keep avoiding it)
Flags on every 5th to 10th track.
Sound effects.
Also Hopefully anything and everything that needs to get done before i can start mulitplayer.

Other Ideas i trying to do
Allow coaster to go over water and different height Terran, but as of yet i am failing, badly at this.

Also Added lindenkron to the project group, as he made the wooden skin that is now in the game. I also added Daskunk to testers, as he give me alot of of good feed back, many of hes suggestions will be done next version though.

lindenkron

Reaction score
It's alot better now with the speed.

But. It still needs to lose speed slower when going up if you ask me. It doesnt 100% feel like a rollercoaster.

Also, remove the colour from the tracks :D You made the skins work I see, but the teamcolour or what ever it is, is shining through it. :).

Also like the new icons you made, but the "Set Track" should be replaced with something like:
160uget.jpg

An arrow pointing straight :)

just my 10 cents, my 2 cent is free ;)
-Lindenkron

rover2341

Reaction score
I like the arrow suggestion.

I changed the color of the standard flat track a little. The rest you can turn the colors on or off. But I did this because i felt it looked too bright over the dirt area. But i may put it back latter on when someone terrains the map. But that wont be for some time yet.

LoL you all don't make senece. First people get mad you don't speed up fast enough. Now they mad that you speed up faster but you Slow down faster too.
So i don't get it. It don't make sence that you speed up faster then you slow down. But isn't that what your asking? i guess i can do that. Other wise i can put it back where it was, but no one seemed to like it the way it was before.
I am at a loss here. (Meaning No idea, what to do, cant seem to make anyone happy here)

Thanks for the feed back

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
LoL you all don't make senece. First people get mad you don't speed up fast enough. Now they mad that you speed up faster but you Slow down faster too.
So i don't get it. It don't make sence that you speed up faster then you slow down. But isn't that what your asking? i guess i can do that. Other wise i can put it back where it was, but no one seemed to like it the way it was before.
I am at a loss here. (Meaning No idea, what to do, cant seem to make anyone happy here)
IMO, the speed is pretty good now, but I still think you should be able to make tracks that speed it up like I explained before.

For people who want it faster, they can edit the map. Its not hard to change the speed.

rover2341

Reaction score
This will be added at some point. But wont be in ai modes. But ill put it in free build. At least that's what i am thinking. Expect this to be done at some point, just not real soon.

For people who want it faster, they can edit the map. Its not hard to change the speed

If you mean past 522, i may get to that. I am trying to get it right. Its better i feel then before, but its true you feel you slow down pretty fast. Also with tracks that boost speed, that should help people build the coaster more the way they want.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
holy shit the game is wicked!! :nuts:

well done

can you also put where you can edit terrain, put trees or even create tunnels :D
please make newer versions with plenty of new stuff, the game is still pretty shallow.. :)

rover2341

Reaction score
most of its planed. Next version my goal is to show the ai. As for your other suggestions, they will come, but not likely next update. Many people ask for the same thing.

Thanks for the feed back. Thats great you enjoyed it.

lindenkron

Reaction score
Rover, I think this might be a way to make it more realistic. I don't know how you made this, but I'll display how I think it would feel more realistic.

2ecg87b.jpg
<-- You come from this side

You gotta gain speed alot faster once it starts going downhill from a high ground. Otherwise it feels like something is holding on to the wagon that you're sitting in, going against gravity.

-Lindenkron

rover2341

Reaction score
See i am fighting my self on this one. Because what you say may be a better ride for the user, but logically makes no sence at all, at least i think.
you gotta gain speed alot faster once it starts going downhill
I made the Const_Factor 50% bigger then before. Thus you speed up and slow down quicker then before, in this recent update.

Currently what i got is

If Going Up

speed - (Const_Factor * sin(angle Z) * speed)

If Going Down

speed + (Const_Factor * sin(angle Z) * speed)

With exceptions on angle z = 0 or 180, if angle z = 0 or 180, then - a small amount of speed. (going straight)
Make sure speed as at least 100 if not make it 100.

In other words the faster your going the more that will change on a hill, and the more hilly the more that will change. (this is logical right?)

What you are asking for is...

If Going Up

speed - (Const_Factor * 1/2) * sin(angle Z) * speed)

If Going Down

speed + (Const_Factor * sin(angle Z) * speed)

Basically your saying when you go up let the change in speed be less then when going up then going down. Its not like real life, but it might feel like a better ride. So In other words, It might not be correct but it may just work out better. ill try it and see how it gos.

lindenkron

Reaction score
[del]I think it would be correct also compared to real life, because (like I wrote earlyer) an heavy object that is travelling at a high speed have a harder time stopping. Meaning when going down it gains more speed, going up it takes longer for it to slow down.[/del]

This was not the explanation. I just read how it's done on real rollercoasters. I was partially right. On real rollercoasters when the wagon comes down from a high hill and starts to lose speed, there are rubber wheels on the tracks, spinning at high speed. So when the wagon passes, its 'slung' up the next hill, giving the illusion that it is still going in high speed without losing speed. So it's being boosted before going up a high hill.

Never the less, this doesnt change anything about what I said you should make. Make it lose speed slower up hill, and gain speed down hill some-what like I shoped you on the drawing :)

You ever tried riding a rollercoaster in real life? Try to make it do like that, it doesn't get more realistic then real life :)

[del]What they usually do is 1 high hill that you are usally pulled up (100) and then from there, you hit small hills etc etc with the speed you got from the first hill (Hill = when the rollercoaster is up high). So you basically keep the wagon in high speed making it hard to stop even when it goes up. Which gives the crazy experiences you can get from riding a rollercoaster hehe, giving the possibility of doing loops etc :)[/del]

-Lindenkron

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.