Other Roller Coaster

What Do you think of roller Coaster?

• Cool Game, I would play this, and more then once.

Votes: 85 63.0%
  • Yes Sounds Like Somthing i might would try once.

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Sounds intersting, But I dont think i would enjoy playing it

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • This is a horrible game idea, or a horrible game idea for warcraft

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Sliding, is only one way to have nice movement. I have built a different way. That i used in one of my older games. Its not in this version version, ill have update before chirsmas. It should have a much improved rider function. And it wont stop and go. But thnx

Your Right its in a early phase still.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There seems to be some carts that don't follow the track for me and they just go along the ground underneath the track. There is usually just 1 or 2 carts that properly follow the track.

I quickly found some values that gave a good first person view (up until when the carts went upwards). I hope you find them useful:

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to Cart 0020 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Cart 0020 <gen>) over 0.75 seconds
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 300.00 over 0.01 seconds
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Far Z to 5000.00 over 0.01 seconds
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 360.00 over 0.20 seconds
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Field of view to 35.00 over 0.01 seconds
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Roll to 0.00 over 0.01 seconds
    • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Height Offset to 100.00 over 0.01 seconds

rover2341

Reaction score
Thnx, It was very Useful. I was never very good with cameras, and i figured i would have to mess with it for a bit to get it like that. Thnx

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
The terrain type looks wierd to have those rocks. Just doesn't go with the blue rollercoaster. Maybe you should make it grassy.

rover2341

Reaction score
Bump.

I Started over From scratch. And learned form my last version.
It Is much cleaner, easier to use, and have more functionality.
The Builder Function is Done, Besides Some missing Icons, and one model still needs some adjusting.

Currently You can only Build The Coaster, The Rider Function i am starting Right now.

This Version is not "buggy" as you called my last version. So from here on out, i expect only to hear that it works perfect! (maybe not perfect but its much much more, lets say polished, and i only show parts that are Done, not half done stuff, as i learned you guys don't like to see half done things.)

rover2341

Reaction score
Well I got the rider 95% Done. But I Fear Putin it up till i get it as good as i can. Last time i posted my map, it had alot of features but none were polished. (People didn't seem to like that) This time, i plan on only posting polished features, or at least simi polished.

I got a few more tweaks , and i need to add the rider Camera. (Maybe 1-2 weeks)

After That ill update the alpha.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
omg u gotta unleash the rider!! i love the system so far, its smooth and looks nice(a little cartoony though.) Would look better if you made a way to connect the turns, they look like a model with another model turned next to it, not like a model connected to a model. And also, if you do make the theme park mode, you should make more rides, money, costs, stores, and other stuff, and make the other players a few costumers, and they have some money and they have food needs, and bathroom needs, and can ride the builder's coasters, rides, and other stuff for money, and buy food and drink to fulfill their food and drink needs, and make other costumers just NPC's with food and drink needs and adventure the park and buy things, and other stuff. Then it would be the ulimate uber RCT clone. Thats always what ive wanted in RCT(Roller Coaster Tycoon.) is to be able to just wander the park, ride rides, and have some money to spend, to buy food and drinks. But you only get to build the rides and coasters, and ride the coasters thats it. So if you do make this into one of the best wc3 maps, and a better than RCT clone, i would love you!(Not in a gay way...) If you take my advise, well then i'll freak out. But the AI and stuff might be a little hard to do..

rover2341

Reaction score
To Fire-Wolf

Ah cool suggestions. I have never played a roller coaster game my self like tycoon but i have heard of them.

Anyway what your talking about seems more like a single player mode.
(not that some of that wont be involved in it)

What i had in mind was a shared park, where you are trying to get the (computer AI) to ride your ride instead of someone elses. And every day you would make a new coaster. And every day you would see whos coming in. Little girls for examples might like loops but might not like going too high. Where Orcs like the fast Rides, and heights ect. So you are trying to figure out what coaster would fit the crowd that day the best. Also on top of that, if i build a coaster thats more fit for the younger crowd for that day, you might consider makeing one thats for orcs or what not.

And The AI wont be so hard. No worries :)

To Builder Bob

Thnx alot for the positive feed back.
Before my first beta i will clean up my triggers some, and then it will show how the GUI can do cool stuff in very few lines of code.
(Not to get off topic, but when people tell me that the GUI is useless, it makes me so mad. even if jass can be better for many things and do everything a little faster)

Also

I Am planing on releasing a version tonight, that's not quite working 100%.
In other words the camera for the the cart isn't quite right yet. And the cart on the track has one-two bugs still.

I know how to fix but i have too put this project aside for a few days and catch back up with school.

In Short, This is just a update, but not a finished product of the rider function, in the version i updating in a few hours.

rover2341

Reaction score
Updated Map. Version Alpha 1.7
Quite a few Updates. Mostly The Rider Function.

Builder Function Updates
The Camera has been updated. and now doesn't crash. Also has more features.
It should also be easy to finish your coaster now.

Rider Function Updates
The Rider Function is still a little buggy. But mostly works.
(That includes the rider cam, the cart moving on the tracks correctly and a few others things)

Cool Coaster Picture contest
Also If you get any good screen shots of your coaster. I would like to have them. :)
Ill Replace it with my current picture at the top of the post

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
made an awesome coaster.
coasterdo7.jpg
Im making another 1. But the coaster ride is pretty weird camera doesnt always follow like it should, but overall its very good, and my version you said sounded more like a single player but, The other players get to be some guests in the park, and the other guests are just npc

rover2341

Reaction score
Cool Coaster. I added it To the first post in this thread. :)
I am gonna keep 2-3 coaster pics up there. And i will likely change them time to time, depending on how many people submit.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i tested the map i think its a great idea
it brought back memories of playing roller coaster tycoon 2
id definitely play this
if it werent for one small issue
you dont have the option to bank tracks
right now the tracks can be rotated
and there are several models for each incline
but no direct way to bank tracks

there are 3 aspects of orientation in 3 dimensions
i think they are called tilt yaw and rotation
tilt is the incline
yaw is banking
and rotation is turning

if you decide to implement the option to bank tracks
i believe there would be enough room to fit it into the command card

for instance
using 12 abilities
9 of them for track orientation
(3 for rotation, 3 incline, 3 banking)
1 place a section of track
1 to undo
1 to open camera options

rover2341

Reaction score
Ya, I know what your talking about. I think.

Where the track rotates in the only way it currently doesn't.

The truth is, this was planed. But i decided ageist it because the more options you add the more the learning curve gos up. Also because this project for me is a bit much as is. But I am not saying this cant be added. If i add it , it will be after the game modes are done and the game is polished. Also will only add it if i hear the demand for it is sorta high.

But cool idea.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
I made another coasters this is 100x better than first... Check it out, its so massive it took 2 screenshots to get it all
coaster1du0.png

coaster2kl2.png

PS. Awesome map, cant wait for more features!! and also i would love banking. but yea you should add more features before adding extra stuff

Edit: done both are uploaded hope you like it ^.^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.