RPG map ideas

Sunchips

Reaction score
I'm making an RPG map but I need ideas :p just random ideas, abilities, classes, story enviroment, villains, Names ^^

All ideas are welcome

Sunchips

Reaction score
well it's cool I laready know how I'm gonna do with the hero selection system thx anyways :p more ideas are welcome

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Random ideas are ok right? How bout sometime during the game a player gets bitten by a werewolf and turns into one, and the other players need to run from him and get the antidote?

Srry if it's a bad idea

Draqu

Reaction score
Story idea

Woodcutters living in the woodland have been seeing some strange creatures hanging around their homesteads. When our heros come to investigate the case, it turns out that this is the mass halucination. After one night, you've noticed that you also start having some drastic visions- monsters tore forest animals and leave them so. Your task is to find the reason of the halucinations. It won't be that easy. What's more, there is not much time left- woodcutters start behaving very strangely.

Sunchips

Reaction score
Avaleirrra and Draqu really good ideas :D I've already downloaded a cool worgen (werewolf-like) model from the hive workshop (by Dan van Ohllus) wich I can use :) as said before all ideas are welcome and I would gladly hear more of them ^^

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could try something that I am using in my RPG, I got the Idea though from 'The Legend of Magnador' (just thouht i should give credit). Have 'Ghosts' around the map that when the hero walks near them with a specific item, he gets something like a tome of their primary attribute, a spell point, a skeleton warrior spawns for them. The skies the limit.
Also, for Hero Idea's, these are the Heroes I used for my map. (Race names such as Svartalfar cam from Fall From Heaven II).
Svartalfar Assassin: Warden: Abilities: Wind walk, Smokescreen, Permanent Invisibility and Dummy
Bannor Paladin: Abilities: Purge, Holy Light, Holy Beams and Ressurection
Ljosalfar Ranger: Silvanis Windrunner: Abilities: Bombard, Poison Arrows, Natures flow and Improved Senses
Ammurite Mage: Blood Mage: Abilities: Brilliance Aura, Mana Sheild, Meditation and Spell Immunity
Khazad Umberguard: Mountain King: Abilities: Bash, Greed, Dwarven Strength and Kilmorph's Fury
Swordsman: Footman: Abilities: Criticle Strike, Combat Training, Rage and Earth Sunder
Calabim Vampire Lord: Dreadlord: Vamparism, Soul Rip, Night Fade and Strength of the Night
Hippus Rider: Knight: Abilities: Charge, Horse Battle Training, Combat Training and Mercanary Charge
Orcish Warrior: Grom Hellscream: Cleave, Orcish Strength, War Cry and Bladestorm.
Shaeim Necromancer: Necromancer: Abilities: Raise Corpse, Soul Burn, Death Coil and Lichdom

Another map Idea: Heaven and Hell. When a player dies, if they are a 'good player' (if there are multiple teams then the good team and if not a player who has been a good person during the game) they go to heaven which has items like full heal potions spawning there and a portal to take thm back into the world. If they are a 'bad player' (Player on the bad team or an immoral player) they go to hell where there are demons all over the place and a portal to take them back tothe world (try to hide the portal in hell).

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
What about an improved spell system and a guild system?

Guild System:

These are alternative ways of playing the rpg, while the "normal" player does the "normal" quests available in the city or commanded by the king, you can also join a guild (warrior, arcane, elemental, necromaster) and make quests there which will also guide to the "end" of the rpg or maybe even to a alternative end.

Spell System:

Ok, this would be even more work to do than the guild system, but good balanced this aspect could become very interesting and increases the replayability value of this map.
I mean every spell you can use is triggered!
And you can improve them by increasing the level of your attributes (not only the 3 "normal" attributes), for example you have "Energy Control" which allows spell to hit more often and to have more and more splash, or "Wisdom of the ..." which allows you spell to have sometimes mighty ancient random effects. Mightier and more often as you increase this attribute.

I don't expect you to use this ideas, because they are really hard to code and also very time intensive but there is still hope ;)

Sunchips

Reaction score
Thanks for even more ideas I like em :) I pickup things of everything you say for inspiration ^^ Executor about guilds, i'm gonna have a system pretty much like it by giving reputation by completing quests for different "guilds" or clans or cities or whatever :p I will probably add that system you mentioned in the end, later when I'm done with everything else :) thanks again

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.