Scepter-upgradeable ultimate!

bryanEX1993

Reaction score
I am interested in making an item which can improves the hero's ultimate. However i encountered 1 problem. When the hero acquires the item, his upgraded skill will be shown in the normal. But in the research, it still shows the old skill before being upgraded.
Here is my trigger.

Soul Stealer Scepter
Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ultimate Staff - [Soul Stealer]
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,left of (Hero manipulating item) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\CarrionSwarm\CarrionSwarmDamage.mdl
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,right of (Hero manipulating item) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\CarrionSwarm\CarrionSwarmDamage.mdl
Set Ultimate_Level = (Level of Requiem Of Souls for (Hero manipulating item))
Unit - Remove Requiem Of Souls from (Hero manipulating item)
Unit - Add Requiem Of Souls Scepter to SoulStealer
Unit - Set level of Requiem Of Souls Scepter for (Hero manipulating item) to Ultimate_Level

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
I doubt this will work, but you will hit yourself later if it is this easy.
Turn "Engineering Upgrade" into an item ability, and give it to the item.

Obviously you will have to edit the stats of the ability to get the desired effect.

Also, if you are unfamiliar with the ability, it basically replaces abilities if it is learned.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Go the way Tides of Chaos posted above.

If it wont work out for you (because you really want to have it triggered for some reason) you should change your actions a little bit.
dont "Add" and "Remove" the ability but "Disable/Enable" them. thus it will also change the learning of the ability. (This will of course only work if the player only got one unit of that type, like in an RPG)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.