Selectable Auras for one unit. How?

Fragglez

Reaction score
Heya, I'm having a slight problem in my map with towers and auras.

background:I want a tower in my map to help benefit or debuff nearby units.

The problem: I don't know how to make the tower have one aura going on at a time (Activated as a passive, im assuming) from a list of selectable auras to have while it is attacking.

Example:
#Tower# currently has "Devotion Aura" on it.
I want #Tower# to now have "Brilliance Aura" on instead.
(Click Brilliance Aura) "Devotion Aura" fades, (becoming a re-activateable icon), "Brilliance Aura" Now becomes a passive icon and is applied to units as the aura.

The conclusion I'm 99.99% positive this has to be done throughout the trigger system. I have never worked with this type of system, nor have I seen this in maps so I do not know how I should work with the triggers to make this possible.

Ideas?
Thanks! (Yeah, I give rep for people who try!)

ShinyPickle

Reaction score
I'm not in the WE right nowm but I think it would go something like this.

First, instead of adding the auras as abilities to the hero, ass normal abilities and make them do nothing, with clickable buttons. (Give them the same names as the auras as to minimize confusion)

Then make a trigger that probably looks like this.

Code:
E: Unit begins casting an ability

C: 

E: If ability being cast equal to vampiric aura (Button, not actual aura) then add vampiric aura to (your hero dood) else if ability being cast equal to (other aura)...
And so on for all the auras. Tell me if that works.

Edit: By the way... Don't forget to make an action/trigger or whatever to turn off the auras when other auras are active. You might want to make variables that are true when the auras are active and false when they're not.

N

Nederlandtje

(Ill pretend you have four auras)
First you make four dummy abilities that do nothing (I hope you know how to do that).
SwitchToBrillianceAura is one that makes you switch to a tower with Brilliance Aura

Now you get the trigger ready

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to [COLOR="Blue"]SwitchToBrillianceAura[/COLOR]
    Actions
        Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a [COLOR="blue"]BrillianceAuraTower[/COLOR] using The old unit's relative life and mana

Make five towers. The first one has no auras but all four abilities.
The second one has Brilliance Aura and the other three dummy abilities.
The third one has Vampiric Aura and the other three dummy abilities.
The fourth one has Devotion Aura and the other three dummy abilities.
The fifth one has Thorns Aura and the other three dummy abilities.

Make the above trigger for all four dummy abilities and the tower will be replaced.
Note: This might leak

Note though that if you have more types of towers that do this you will have to make more types of towers with the aura and more Conditions. This also is the case with Upgraded towers.

Fragglez

Reaction score
(Bumps)

Okay, I think I have it figured out on the triggers, but now I'm stumped on the auras and what their effects are.

The Background : I want custom Aura effects
Example: -5% Armor ( - Devotion Aura ) and -15% Damage ( - Command Aura )

The Problem These are 2 different aura effects, How do I make it so only one aura is needed?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.