Selling Units From an Upgraded Structure

Flamesword

Reaction score
I've noticed that a number of people have had this problem, but I havn't found a proper solution. I have one base structure that upgrades into one of several other buildings. The upgraded structures are supposed to sell units, but the base structure isn't. No matter what I try, I can't even get the units that are supposed to be sold to show up on the buildings.

Before someone even offers: Yes, all of the upgraded buildings have "Select Unit" and "Sell Units" abilities, and their "Techtree - Units Sold" lists are populated.

I was experimenting with the issue and I found out that if the base structure was given the proper abilities to sell units and a unit to sell, it worked. Furthermore, any structure that it upgraded to later still had that unit available, even though that unit isn't on the upgraded structure's "Units Sold" list.

I can make a trigger that will replace the unit being upgraded with the unit type of the unit being upgraded to. While that does sound redundant, that would create the upgraded structure without being restricted by the original building. However, I can't get that to work. The Event I'm using is "Unit Finishes Construction" and, if the unit type of the constructed structure is appropriate, the action is "Replace Constructed Structure with a unit type of Constructed Structure". Either "Finishes Construction" isn't the right event to use or this idea is simply flawed, but this doesn't work.

Does anyone know a better way to fix this, or how to make this trigger work? As a long shot, I tried giving the base structure's Sell Units list every single unit that each upgraded structure is suppoed to sell, but it cut me of at the 12th unit (out of 60).

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Do this instead.

Freehanded:
Trigger:
  • Events -
    • Every X seconds of game time
    • Actions -
    • Pick every unit in all units matching condition
    • matching unit is equal to (a dummy unit representing the building you want
    • Removed matching unit
    • Create 1 (unit that you actually want) at position of matching unit.

Yeah this leaks a group, and a point, but you can fix that.

Haette

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Replace Upgraded Building
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Tier 2 Structure
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Tier 2 Structure using The old unit's relative life and mana

The key things here are "Finishes an upgrade" and "Triggering unit." I had some trouble with similar triggers, but this setup has worked perfectly so far.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.