Showing Text of How much Damage Dealt

Dest

Reaction score
How would I trigger to show floating text of how much do a unit deals? I want to make it work for all units.

deebee

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Untitled Trigger 002 <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Damage taken))) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds

I havent really tried this to see if this would cause lag problems and I believe there are damage detection systems out there you can try and use.

Dest

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Untitled Trigger 002 <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Damage taken))) above (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds

I havent really tried this to see if this would cause lag problems and I believe there are damage detection systems out there you can try and use.

That trigger leaks, you need to use this:
JASS:
Custom script: call DestroyTextTag( udg_Your_Variable )

(Your_Variable is a variable for text.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.