Skills Help.

Charmander

Reaction score
1) I am creating a skill based on the rexxar's summon bear skill, the one which the bear last forever.

I want to the unit summoned. However, it is still considered a 'summoned unit' and purge, dispel etc, can kill it easily.

How do i make it so that they are not considered summoned unit?

Should i base it on another skill?

Also, when the summoned unit dies, a puff of smoke and just appears, without the actual corpse there.

How do i make it such that it's no longer a summoned unit, and that when it dies, it actually dies like a normal unit (with the corpse, etc).

2) How do i make a skill based on Dota's crystal maiden's ulti, but another missle art which comes down. Also, it should heal allied units and damage enemy units.

Thanks!

ecad

Reaction score
1) I am creating a skill based on the rexxar's summon bear skill, the one which the bear last forever.

I want to the unit summoned. However, it is still considered a 'summoned unit' and purge, dispel etc, can kill it easily.

How do i make it so that they are not considered summoned unit?

Should i base it on another skill?

Also, when the summoned unit dies, a puff of smoke and just appears, without the actual corpse there.

How do i make it such that it's no longer a summoned unit, and that when it dies, it actually dies like a normal unit (with the corpse, etc).

2) How do i make a skill based on Dota's crystal maiden's ulti, but another missle art which comes down. Also, it should heal allied units and damage enemy units.

Thanks!

1) Use the "Unit - Replace" trigger whenever your hero casts the spell summon bear.

Replace the summoned bear with a new unit you have created that is based off of a normal unit like forexample footman.

Charmander

Reaction score
Sorry, i'm totally new to these things. How do i do that?

Also, how do i make my unit do the "victory pose" for like a 1 second or 2 when summoning the bear/unit?

Thanks!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You can set the animation for the spell to 'stand, victory'. (It's at the top of the list in the ability editor) I think the Crystal Maiden's ulti is just a channeling spell with no effect, while a dummy unit casts a Blizzard-based spell on her position. You can just modify the dummy spell in that case.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Use this trigger when you summon a unit:

Trigger:
  • Summon
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Summon_Point = Position of (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s victory animation
      • Animation - Queue (Triggering unit)'s stand animation
      • Unit - Remove (Summoned unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Summon_Point
      • custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Summon_Point)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.