Some questions

I

IndianSummer

Ah damn, I wanted a zombie assault :p
Anyway, Tomes are powerups, but the skill to get more agi/str/int/whatever can be used with any kind of item, so just change the tomes to ...to... ah, the section with healing potions in it (w/e is the english name for it...rechargable?)
so every unit can pick it up (even heroes, tough) but I hope this works for your map :)

Zombie Assault ftw :D

Edit : Yup, I was REALLY bored yesterday ^^

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Yeah, that'll work! thank you.

(the word for that type of item is "charged" :D )

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Missiles don't stop mid-air... why would they? They left the unit already.

It is possible though to create a unit that looks like a missile...
Assuming you can change "Art - Model" of some unit in RoC.

Corleone

Reaction score
>>If I freeze a ranger unit right after it has attacked, will the projectile be frozen in the air as well? If not, how would I do this?

Well.. you could make a unit, with the projectile model, spawn right after he fires the projectile and freeze him. Other than that, I dont think you can actually freeze a bullet, unless you change the firing unit's "Combat - Projectile value" to 0 or 1 or so.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Missiles don't stop mid-air... why would they? They left the unit already.

It is possible though to create a unit that looks like a missile...
Assuming you can change "Art - Model" of some unit in RoC.

Yeah, that's kinda why I thought it wouldnt work. So I'll just make a projectile unit.

Tinesthia

Reaction score
Ensnare, in most cases, requires manual casting, whereas Web can be right clicked for automatic use. I believe.

To answer the question, I would say yes, you could make each unit target as air, and it would work. But this could make it hard if different abilities in the map were wanted to target the same air, and ground units differently.

Correct any wrong statements please.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Sorry that I havent posted in a while.

To answer the question, I would say yes, you could make each unit target as air, and it would work. But this could make it hard if different abilities in the map were wanted to target the same air, and ground units differently.

I didnt quite understand that little bit, lemme refine my question:
If I make a unit targeted as both ground and air, will that create problems in the game?

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Instead of modifying each unit, wouldn't it be easier to modify the targets allowed by web and/or ensnare? And yes, it'll ensnare/web ground units if it's allowed to.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Ok, I forgot to mention that I am making this map with RoC, and therefore cannot edit a spell/ability without editing .slk's. Or can I?

Edit: New question, #10. Check initial post.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
TrainAttack.jpg

2 ways : - Disable Collision + Move Unit Instantly + Order Unit to Kaboom
- Move the unit instantly when it dies, then create the Kaboom. Maybe use Kaboom as base, detect it just before it is casted, disable collision, move the unit instantly, and kaboom!

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Yes, I can detect when a unit attacks. Would I disable the collision before or after it attacks?

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Yes, I can detect when a unit attacks. Would I disable the collision before or after it attacks?

Disable collision when it attacks. It should work. But I'm not sure it'll really work in your way, you will have to move your unit first to the enemy's location, and order to attack. And to avoid endless loop.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.