SPELL CONTEST #2 | Theme: Forbidden Arts | RESULTS POSTED

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
If you mean adding auras in an invisible spell book, why not?

Though, wouldn't that make your code very short, letting us grade nothing, would it?...

no, i mean like... lets say dota: there is a spell that the hero Nevermore has, he learns an ability that splits up in 3 abilities, 1 for short range distans 1 for mid range distans and 1 for long range distans in shorts: 1 ability that is more than 1 spell

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
no, i mean like... lets say dota: there is a spell that the hero Nevermore has, he learns an ability that splits up in 3 abilities, 1 for short range distans 1 for mid range distans and 1 for long range distans in shorts: 1 ability that is more than 1 spell

No, that is not allowed.

1 ability.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Would it be a problem if I added a handle counter to the test map?
Go ahead. I actually add handle counters to demo maps I create. I didn't create this one though. :D

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Here's my WIP.

Preteen Judgement

Turns the target into a child and spawns an inconspicuous house with priest inside for 5 seconds.|rDuring this time the target is invulnerable but also stunned.|nWhen the target is released from the house, they will take bleed damage for the next 10 seconds.

Level 1 - 100 damage.
Level 2 - 200 damage.
Level 3 - 300 damage.

Updated

Attachments

• emootootoo_Preteen Judgement.w3x
    30.3 KB · Views: 244

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
There is a great variety of different people in most of religions.

Anyways, I posted my spell Worm Field.

If someone can look for some bugs and bugging things, I would be grateful.

edit. I tested some spells:

Black Parade
Good: It was real cool to see those 'stampede' skeletons joining the battle when they collided with something.
Bad: Everything else was just too much. This spell just does too many little things, which makes it pretty confusing.

Ancient Flames
Good: That expanding flame circle effect looked really cool.
Bad: It laggs. ( It might have been the .01 timer interval )

Going to test that death coil cauldron spell now...

edit2.

Cauldron of Skulls
Good:This spell is fucking awesome. :thup::thup::thup:
Bad: I dont really know.

edit3. I looked at your code, and I dont really understand why you use RandomReal between .04 and .08 for your periodict event. Its not good that spell can be 2x slower in one game than in another.

scorpion182

Reaction score
There is a great variety of different people in most of religions.

Anyways, I posted my spell Worm Field.

If someone can look for some bugs and bugging things, I would be grateful.

Black Parade
Good: It was real cool to see those 'stampede' skeletons joining the battle when they collided with something.
Bad: Everything else was just too much. This spell just does too many little things, which makes it pretty confusing.

Ancient Flames

Going to test that death coil cauldron spell now...

edit2.

Cauldron of Skulls
Good:This spell is fucking awesome. :thup::thup::thup:
Bad: I dont really know.

edit3. I looked at your code, and I dont really understand why you use RandomReal between .04 and .08 for your periodict event. Its not good that spell can be 2x slower in one game than in another.

thanks for the review :) good luck to all participan:thup:

@admin
may i upload my entry to another website??

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score

Hmm, I liked the randomness. But maybe I should change that.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score

The chances of that happening are extremely minor. :p

I actually like that feature as well. Makes it look more realistic. Good spell :)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I think it makes spell harder to balance, since you cant really know how 'fast' it is gonna be.

The bad side of GUI is that you never know what you are actually doing.

Your InitTrig and Trigger Event:

JASS:

// This function is only called at map init. It creates your trigger
function InitTrig_HaM_Effect takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_HaM_Effect = CreateTrigger(  )
    // This creates your event. GetRandomReal is only called once in map init.
    // In one game it might be as fast as .04 and in other as slow as .08
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEventPeriodic( gg_trg_HaM_Effect, GetRandomReal(0.04, 0.08) ) 
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_HaM_Effect, Condition( function Trig_HaM_Effect_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_HaM_Effect, function Trig_HaM_Effect_Actions )
endfunction

I just posted this, because someone might think that event period changes during the game.

Randor244

Reaction score
I'm making a spell for the contest, but as I don't play many online maps I'm not sure if it has been done before. How does this sound:
For a period of time the hero collects the souls of the enemies he kills. When the spell ends, he will deal damage to any nearby enemy, damage depending on how many souls he catched.
Does this sounds fun? Has it been done before?
;)

scorpion182

Reaction score
I'm making a spell for the contest, but as I don't play many online maps I'm not sure if it has been done before. How does this sound:

Does this sounds fun? Has it been done before?
;)

it's looks like nevermore ulti in dota, but i'm not sure :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> may i upload my entry to another website??
Not until the contest has finished. :)

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Ancient Flames
Do you mind changing the AOE to see if that has any effect. You see I can't get it to lag no matter what AOE I use, my pc is a bit too fast.

FFMaster

Reaction score
Here is a work in progress. There are 3 heroes there. The spell is MUI.

Not complete yet. I still need to do the tooltip among other things.

Attachments

• Shroud of Darkness - FFMaster.w3x
    29 KB · Views: 253

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Changing interval to 3 times bigger fixxed the lagg, but now the flame circle expands kinda slowly. You should make interval to effect that expanding velocity too.

I also found a little bug.

It is possible to target spell to your hero,so that the spell bolt just flies to the edge of the map and doesnt get destroyed.

I didnt touch the AoE yet, because that timer interval pretty much fixxed the lagg.

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
Too bad... all of the contests I've joined before are always postponed to eternity...

I hope not for this one.

Count me in. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.