Stop Order

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Is there a way to stop a unit from casting a spell if certain requirements u set with a trigger is not met, so that the cooldown doesnt trigger
i read that i need to:
pause the unit - order it to stop - unpause unit

but that doesnt work =S

PS: if u know dota i think its the same system thats used for stopping the attack if its a friendly unit (only when f.eks the towers have under 150 hp so u can deny it)

shiFt

Reaction score
add under condition the requirements u need, so that if these conditions are not met the trigger does not fire

shiFt

Reaction score
are there any effects to the spell? maybe if you trigger theses effects it would be easier to control and customise

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
omg! is it true! can many things be triggered?! =O
your no help, dont try... even do i can trigger the effects i want to stop the spell from being cast not the trigger from trigging.. so to trigger the effects will still cause the spell that launches the triggers to go on its cooldown.. pls just dont answer and let somebody else

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
sry if im being a little nasty but shifty u just dont understand and probably have even less competence in trigging than me so pls dont post on my threads =)

Wolf Knight

Reaction score
When a unit is puases its functions can't be used so stop, move, attack, etc won't work
Try using stop order before the the puase

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
i found it out! =D, if the requirements isnt met, u can move the units position and faceangle to the exact same position but change the angle a tiny bit and he will forget his orders..

shiFt

Reaction score
what event response will u use to fire this action? just to add to my low competance levels

Zetrix91

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Some Spell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to "some ability"
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • "Some Condition"
        • Then - Actions
          • "some action"
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to (Position of (Casting unit)), facing ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + 1.00) degrees

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
moving a unit instantly cancels all its orders.

ordering a unit to stop probably took too long to cancel his spell

shiFt

Reaction score
but how can it move without the spell setting the trigger off, so the spell would have to fire and cooldown, in theory

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
because the "moving instantly" cancels the order so the spell wont be casted

shiFt

Reaction score
o yes this used to happen to simple blink strikes, I understand now, but still crave an explanation

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.