Stop Towers from Aggroing Allies

Derek0

Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted before, I couldn't find anything that worked.

Ok, so, I have a line of trees. A long line. At certain points in the line, there are towers. It looks something like this (where "*" are trees and "[]" are towers):

**************[]**************[]**************[]**************

Now, there are units attack-moving on both sides. When my hero pushes past one side and gets to a tower, and attacks it, all of the allied units on the opposite side decide to go all the way around the ends and swarm me.

I need a way to make it so when you attack a tower, it's allied forces don't try to attack you. I tried everything I could find. I tried setting "Attack Notification - Minimum Range" and "Attack Notification - Minimum Interval" to 99999.98 and 0.01, and I also tried setting "Combat - Call for Help Range" and "Combat - Call for Help Range, Creeps" to 0.01, but with no avail.

I can't change the acquisition range since some of the units are archers and need it.

Any ideas?

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Change the Priority on the "walls"... Open Object Editor > Pick your Wall > scroll down to "Stats - Priority - X" ... put it to ...ye.. whatever, maybe 9?..
I dont remember what priority would be attacked first.. but, ye. I think it is like this: Highest priority number is attacked first and down... MAx = 9.
Thats why, the computers, attacks units instead of your workers if you have one army with archers and wisps, they attack the archers first...
Cheerio
:banghead:

Derek0

Reaction score
O.......K....... What thread were you reading? Walls? Workers? Was I not clear enough?

I need a way to either stop the units from attacking my hero when my hero attacks their towers, or to prioritize their attack-move order over my hero.

EDIT: And I just tried lowering the hero's priority below the unit's priority, but they still attacked me. I think that was because they weren't attacking anything else at the time and had no priority over my hero.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
The worker thingy was an EXAMPLE! Of why Wisps are not attacked FIRST, when attacking with other units, example archers..
So ye, thats what u want to do!
In your case the "worker" will be the "hero" (since you dont want the units to attack HIM! unless it is only him nearby) and archers will be the unit that the "creeps" can attack, while the hero attacks a tower!
So.... use priorities... And walls/Towers/Structures...big deal? "read between the lines".... ;)
Cheerio
BTW; ive done like this myself, i know it works ( creeps does not attack hero first, but last..so...)

Derek0

Reaction score
and archers will be the unit that the "creeps" can attack, while the hero attacks a tower!

But that's the problem, there's no guarantee that there will be a unit for them to attack. In fact, they usually won't be attacking anything when I attack the tower, they will be attack-moving down the opposite side.

And sorry yeah I didn't see it as an example.

Derek0

Reaction score
Well, I already have 2 players reserved for the armies, If I reserved two more players, it would be a very small game. And they need to be allied with one of the 2 armies.

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
Make the armies on the opposite side not able to attack hero?

Also, remember you have 16 player slots, not just twelve. You can use the last four for various needs.

Derek0

Reaction score
Make the armies on the opposite side not able to attack hero?

The armies need to be able to attack the heroes. I just need them not to go after an attack on a nearby tower.

Also, remember you have 16 player slots, not just twelve. You can use the last four for various needs.

Last time I tried to use neutral for armies, when they attack-moved they would go half way and then turn back. I could use them for the towers but then I'd need to ally them with the armies. Do the units help an allied tower or just their player's tower?

Also, which ones do I use? Hostile, Passive, Victim, or Extra? Does it matter?

I just wish I could set the range for which they help their tower to like 0.01, but I can't seem to find it.

J

just_w88

I just wish I could set the range for which they help their tower to like 0.01, but I can't seem to find it.

I know this is a week old and you may have found it by now but it is under Advanced>Game Constants>Combat-Call for Help. That should be what you want. I've never messed with anything like that but it SHOULD work. Sorry if it doesn't.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.