Summon limit problem

Julian4life

Reaction score
i was wondering if it's possible to have a necromancer use a summon a second time, without having to kill the other two summon skeleton warrior it summoned before.

and, when i changed the amount of skeleton warriors summoned from the raise dead skill, sometimes several skeletons died the second they were summoned.

+rep to anyone who helps! :D

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Trigger the ability.
Make it summon no units.
Make a trigger so that when it is casted it creates units and do some Unit - Add expiration timer.

Julian4life

Reaction score
alright, i did that.

It worked well, but what im wondering now is how can i make is so the skeletons stand up when cast, like the regular spell does.

heres all ive got so far:

Cast Amount
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Raise Dead
Actions
Unit - Create 3 Skeleton Warrior for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 150.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Triggering unit)

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Well, uh, try this:

Level * - Data - Unit Type For Limit Check - Set this to blank

And it should work. I also have a demo spell. If you need it, just tell me.

Julian4life

Reaction score
I would very much like it! :D

and how can i set it to blank, and for future cases, what does this exactly do?

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
It will allow you to summon an infinite amount of skeletons. That's what you want to accomplish, right?

Attachments

• Demo Spell TH.w3x
    13.5 KB · Views: 187

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Incase u wanted to know the triger part in actions then animations and just after u sumon it animations - play last created unit birth animation

Julian4life

Reaction score
alright cool! ty everyone! gave rep to everyone who deserved it!

and one last thing, i tried doing that birth animation thing, didnt work for me ><

this is what i did:
Cast Amount Warrior
Events
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Raise Skeleton Warrior
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Skeleton Warrior for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s birth animation
Unit - Add a 150.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Create 1 Skeleton Warrior for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s birth animation
Unit - Add a 150.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Julian4life

Reaction score
My demo spell didn't work? Damn...
Also your triggers leak.

lol, no no, yours worked wonderfully, but someone posted on making a birth animation, i wanted to test it and that didnt work.

yeah, i know it leaks lol, spent all of 10 seconds throwing that together. I should have probably have make it more organized and looped it lol.
and yeah, i implied yours in and it worked.

and one last thing ><
I have two spells for a unit. To raise skeleton mages and one for skeleton warriors. But when i use one, both their skill icons 'light up' with the green rim and all, but only one works. Its like they are joined, yeah, i based them both off of raise dead. How do i seperate them?

Gtam

Reaction score
Well i just did it and it worked try stroring the created units in variable and play ur variable birth animation

tis is what i did and worked
Trigger:
  • THELPER
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Skeleton Warrior for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Animation - Play (Last created unit)&#039;s birth animation

why did u use qoute use GUI tags

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
About the icons. You'll have to use different spells, because the base order ID is the same (changing it won't help). Maybe use Feral Spirit (Far Seer's Ability) for the skeletal mages.

Julian4life

Reaction score
About the icons. You'll have to use different spells, because the base order ID is the same (changing it won't help). Maybe use Feral Spirit (Far Seer's Ability) for the skeletal mages.

I attempted it, and it casted as a seperate, but what's wierd is that when i use the skill, at first nothing happens, and a second later a skele mage pops up like some area away from the caster, maybe at the corpses spot? And the mage doesn't do the casting animation.

Yeah, im somewhat new at all this. >,<

Gtam

Reaction score
Because the ferel spirirt ability doesnt make sommon units do the birth animation

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Skeletons are created from corpses. If that doesn't work, you can make a dummy spell and a dummy unit. The spell will summon the dummy unit which will cast a second Raise Dead. This will not interfere with your normal cooldown.

Julian4life

Reaction score
Hey, Ludnica, I'm trying to do what you said, and I know it'll work, except I dont know how to get this to trigger. I created a Dummy unit, and I modified feral spirit to summon one of the dummy units and then 'tried' to trigger the it so that the dummy unit casts my raise skeleton mage, which is based off of raise dead.

I'm still learning to trigger, just barely got into it. >,<
I know its bad and leaky and probably has flaws, but heres all i got:
Trigger:
  • DummySpell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Raise Skeleton Mage
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Raise Dead

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
First, you have to create the unit. Then order it to cast Raise Dead. I just pinpointed Feral Spirit for a dummy ability, not an actual ability.
Make sure your dummy has Raise Dead or you can add it via triggers (Add Ability to (Last created unit) after its creation.

Julian4life

Reaction score
First, you have to create the unit. Then order it to cast Raise Dead. I just pinpointed Feral Spirit for a dummy ability, not an actual ability.
Make sure your dummy has Raise Dead or you can add it via triggers (Add Ability to (Last created unit) after its creation.

Yeah, i've created the dummy, and i tried to have the dummy unit cast raise dead, and it has the skill, (as showed in my last post) but i dont think i got it to cast the right spell, what does it look like? Can you post an example?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.