Terrain

A

Arelalith

Here I go..Now I don't know if this is even possible but I'll take a wild stab in the dark:

I have a map with the Space terrain im used ISOM to make it small square terrain, now What I want to do is add in Water tile from the Jungle Terrain, can I do this, and if there is a program what is it. Mainly because I have yet to look into a map in hex code, and I don't feel like messing around in there.. although I would prolly end up messing something up, but any help would be appreciated..

Thank You

M

meow400..wtf

help me!

ok i have isom but the thing is that i have no f***** idea how to use it can u help me and is it supposed to be a little box when you open up it? please answer my questions i have a good map in the making and i need isom !!!!!!

V

victimchild

I have never used isom. The traditional tileset is isom. I would use Starforges build in terrain editor. It lets you place squares of any type you want. I'm not sure if you can place isometric pieces of different type, but you never know.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
ISOM is a program that lets you place square tiles.

but seriously people, download starforge and starcraft x-tra editor. Use starforge for terraining (it has a better framerate in its terrain editor then scmdraft and i just hate scmdraft anyway) and x-tra for triggering and whatnot. yea.

V

victimchild

Well, I just use the original editor for terrain, and triggers. Starforges and scmdraft trigger systems are messed up for me. I haven't tried x-tra at all. Should I give it a try? What are its features?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
semi-stacking, invalid placement aloowance, coloured text, all hidden triggers and hidden units. It uses the standard SC editor system so it cant place square terrain. Thats why u use starforge with it.

V

victimchild

So it's just like a starforge without the square tilesets? It has origanal triggers?

R

Roy_Gallant

Why don't you use a tileset with water and then use a null instead of space?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
victimchild said:
So it's just like a starforge without the square tilesets? It has origanal triggers?
x-tra is just normal staredit but with all the 'hidden' units and triggers. It has the standard trigger system. it also has color symbols for text. it also allows invalid object placement, such as stacking (semi stacking, they set all place building amounts to 1 when they made x-tra edit which ws as far as they could go, so you can only place buildings almost perfectly on top of eachother, not in the EXACT same spot)
starforge is what you should terrain with.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.