The First Assault Information

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Balance - Our Favorite Task

Hmm....

I have an idea.
What if you were to implement some features that would give the "losing" team an advantage?

Say you're being beat - pretty badly.
You now get some extra reinforcements - preferrably strong.
So you can possibly live to fight another day.

It would probably make the game longer.
And it would make it so that you have to keep fighting hard right up to the end, and the team that's pressing forward won't just gain more and more power as they advance while the losing team stagnates and dies.

Now, I don't know if you want the game to go this direction, but I thought it would be something to consider.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Good idea Ghan, I have a suggestion too.

Maybe when people leave on the team, (if it is like an aos) then create extra units for their side or something so they don't have to start over, or even AI computers to take the leavers place.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Good idea Ghan, I have a suggestion too.

Maybe when people leave on the team, (if it is like an aos) then create extra units for their side or something so they don't have to start over, or even AI computers to take the leavers place.
its better to share the gold of the leaving players, and players can now control the leaving player

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Sheik
Last Warrior from the different Dimension
Strength

Dimensional Thrust
Quickly slashes the target enemy unit, damaging units in a cone towards the target, weakening them, that any damage that inflicted to them will amplify. Lasts 8 seconds
Level 1: 75 damage, 10% amplify damage
Level 2: 125 damage, 20% amplify damage
Level 3: 200 damage, 30% amplify damage
Level 4: 275 damage, 40% amplify damage

Execute
Executes a target enemy unit by hurling a vicious plasma ball, whenever there's a unit buffed with Dimensional Thrust, the plasma ball bounces to that unit. Each bounce deals damage and stuns.
Level 1: 75 damage, 3 bounces, 1.10 second stun
Level 2: 150 damage, 4 bounces, 1.25 second stun
Level 3: 225 damage, 5 bounces, 1.40 second stun
Level 4: 300 damage, 6 bounces, 1.60 second stun

Heart of the Survivor
Increases Sheik survivability, making his skin more though, that each time Sheik gets damage he has a chance to partially heal himself by a percentage of the received damage, and blocking that damage.
Level 1: 4% chance
Level 2: 8% chance
Level 3: 12% chance
Level 4: 16% chance

Extinction
Sheik channels on where he stands, creating a vortex of plasma in 400 radius, sucking enemy units that enters the vortex, and damaging them per second, while shooting plasma outward from the vortex, dealing damage each plasma created outside the vortex. Lasts 5 seconds
Level 1: 80 damage per second inside the vortex, 100 damage per plasma outside the vortex
Level 2: 100 damage per second inside the vortex, 150 damage per plasma outside the vortex
Level 3: 120 damage per second inside the vortex, 200 damage per plasma outside the vortex

From days to night, Sheik masters any danger from the his dimension, surviving the face of danger. Sheik is the last warrior from his dimension, facing the First Assault on his way to victory. Searching for justice and truth for his fellowmen.

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It would probably make the game longer.
In which case it would have a negative effect instead of a positive one right?

I mean, if one team is losing, then obviously they are less able in some way (or simply unlucky than the other team - why prolong their agony?

If a team is going to lose, and you give them reasonably strong reinforcements, they will still lose.

If a team is going to lose, and you give them very strong reinforcements, it's not fair for the winning team.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> In which case it would have a negative effect instead of a positive one right?

Depends on how much longer compared to how long the game is now, I suppose.

You would probably want two things:

1. The reinforcements are temporary.
2. The reinforcements can't be used offensively to a great extent.

It would require some tinkering to get it correct, at any rate.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I agree, in most games, the winners are the one that played the first 15 minutes the best. However, always, fetures like this cause A) Somewhat unrealistic effect (We are losing. Good, now the super-uber-demons will fight for us) B) Makes the game longer.

My suggest is make the advange a very small one, for example, for each towers that gets destroyed, the rest of the towers of the function gain a little bonus. You can excuse this by saying "The men that enforced the first tower, now run to the other towers", the advange isn't too big, yet, is somewhat balances the gameplay.

I'm assuming that there are towers in your map. :rolleyes:

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Well, in my AoS (Battle of Northrend), as Ghan(?) suggested to me once, I have made it that, if a player leaves and teams are unfair eg. 4v4 and one leaves, 4v3, the team with the losing player will get gold. But, if more than one leaves eg it is now 4v2, it will quickly analyse the teams and make the teams fair by remaking it to 3v3 by moving a player from the team of 4. The player that will be moved will be a player who is doing reasonably well so that he/she can make up for the loss...

This is one idea...

Oninuva

Reaction score
Yes, bonus gold, stronger units will be given to teams with leavers. About helping losing teams, that wouldnt be a good choice as prolonging the game is a bad idea. Wouldnt it be better to, win/lose RM, and get another try? As Rheias noted, the first 15 minutes determines the course of the game most of the time.

Oninuva

Reaction score
You haven't answered all of the questions. :rolleyes:

Can you explain more about the lanes?
What's the function of each one?
And morale, how does that work?
What about the mercenary captains, how do they work?

Sorry about that,

There are 5 lanes, as you can see from the overall screenshot, there is a large lane clearly visible in the center. The second and third lane would be on top and under it. Just above. The 4th lane is the special units where they spawn from the temples which are located on top left (The Order) and top right (Chaos Faction). The temple gives bonus to the team as long as it is standing. If destroyed the team triggering the destruction will gain a temporary bloodlust related buff on creeps. The fifth lane would be the supply or caravan lane located on the bottom. There spawns a caravan which includes the supply wagon, and caravan guards. If the caravan reaches the main base of their respecting faction, that team receives bonus gold and reinforcements. (The caravan spawn location would be located at their base opposite of their main base. Chaos Faction (Bottom Left), The Order (Bottom Right).

Morale affects the attack speed, damage, health, regen, move speed of units. For example, Team A has just destroyed a tower of Team B. Team B's units are in fear and they lose armor and health, but they gain movespeed because of fear. Team A on the other hand gains attack damage, attack speed, and movespeed.

Captains gain EXP as they fight and can be revived. (Hiring a priest mercenary , using revival items). Their corpse will remain relivable for 5 minutes. Giving players the time to revive stronger more valuable captains.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Will the skills be Stat based, like the skills in Eota?
Are you going to give feedback, or a comment that will say a hero idea will be in a game for your hero ideas thread?
you say in your information that there will be 5 creep lines, i only see one going though the middle and one with the birge... would you mind showing me the other ones? srry my observational skills are kinda bad..... but i really just see those two lanes, the test just looks like grouped up trees

Oninuva

Reaction score
Sorry that two of the lanes are not as clear. The supply routes go through the woods on the bottom and the two secondary lanes have dirt paths but are covered with moss, grass, etc. I will post when I create the hero.

Oninuva

Reaction score
[Hero Preview] Shadow Ninja

shadowninjazs1.jpg

Name: Shadow Ninja
Type: AGI
Base Stats: 17/21/15

Abilities:

Fuuma Shuriken: Throws a fuuma shuriken at target point, hitting enemies it encounters and comes back to owner, hitting enemies yet again.

Shadow Wolf: Summons a companion shadow wolf that gains abilities with each rank. (Shadow, Critical, Poison)

Ninja Arts: Allows critical strike and evasion.

Shadow Grasp (Ultimate): Wraps the target enemy in a dark shadow grasping it for a short period of time dealing massive damage.

Tips: When taking out enemy heroes, summon wolf, then grasp, then use wolf to attack hero. If hero survives the grasp duration, use fuuma to kill fleeing hero.

The Shadow Ninja has excellent starting attributes. Use it well to gain a quick advantage.

Shadow Grasp is not as strong as it is early to mid game. Try to be a few levels higher than enemies by using your early game advantage.

Arcane

Reaction score
Fuuma Shuriken: Throws a fuuma shuriken at target point, hitting enemies it encounters and comes back to owner, hitting enemies yet again.

Shadow Grasp (Ultimate): Wraps the target enemy in a dark shadow grasping it for a short period of time dealing massive damage.

: )

Shadow Wolf: Summons a companion shadow wolf that gains abilities with each rank. (Shadow, Critical, Poison)

Ninja Arts: Allows critical strike and evasion.

: (

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Honestly no , default pre-set blizzard stuff, evasion crit strike, feral spirit = BORING

Suggest something like chance to dodge a attack then counter it.

A

Atreides

About the wolf-maybe give it more interesting abilities, such as maybe a blink strike "leap" at one of the higher levels.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.