The First Assault Information

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The First Assault

The First Assault is an “AoS” type of map. There are two factions; The Order, and The Chaos Faction. In the map, there is 1 major lane, 2 secondary lanes, one supply lane, and a special creep lane. Many factors can alter the way of the game, etc. There are control points located throughout the map that can be controlled for bonuses, a temple for each faction that gives bonuses when controlled, and bonuses to the opposite faction if destroyed.

Features:

5 Creep lanes
Capture-able control points
Supply convoys (If convoy reaches destination, faction will receive reinforcements and gain extra resources)
Controllable defense installments (Stand on Circle of Power to use)
Creep captains that are hero like (Gain EXP and have abilities)
Very detailed terrain
Triggered and model enhanced abilities and units
Morale

Progress

Terrain: Complete
Creeps / Units: Complete
Items: Complete
Heroes: 8 / 20 Complete
Triggers: Around 75% I would suppose.

Screenshots:

tfa1ud9.jpg

tfa2kv0.jpg

tfa3jv7.jpg

tfa4gw8.jpg

tfa5wi9.jpg

tfa6tq9.jpg

tfa7ms8.jpg

tfa8xl0.jpg

Previous Update: 5-27 EST - 10/31/07
Last Update: 6:04 EST - 10/31/07

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
>Heroes 8 / 20

only 20? :(

Anyways, I want to also help with any mean.

Demi666

Reaction score
this looks like a poor attempt to copy EotA: Twilight

actully everything you have eota have + more

5 Creep lanes
Capture-able control points
Supply convoys (If convoy reaches destination, faction will receive reinforcements and gain extra resources)
Controllable defense installments (Stand on Circle of Power to use)
Creep captains that are hero like (Gain EXP and have abilities)
Very detailed terrain
Triggered and model enhanced abilities and units
Morale

eota have all of these to :eek:

did you ever play eota ?

SnowCrow

Reaction score
Sorry, but in my opinion the terrain is not so very detailed. It could be a lot better.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
where are the other 4 lanes?

terrain could use some work IMO

however, as always with new maps, I would be interested in playing a beta or two

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Barrens rocks in grass terrain (desert there would be perfect.)? It's...weird.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I put Spoiler tags around the screenshots because they were not loading all the time and when people quoted replies it was stretching the thread.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Congratulations for getting a new forum for this map!
It sounds nice, great ideas there!
I agree that the terrain could get some work though.

Also, am I missing something?
I see only one lane, and forest around it.
Is that forest supposed to be the other lanes?

Anyway, goodluck, keep us updated! ;)

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Not to be rude or anything, but how does this in any way qualify for its own forum? It doesn't appear to have stunning terrain, distinctive new game play, or even originality... What does it possess that any other map in the members project forum don't?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
a dedicated author who had initiative

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
a dedicated author who had initiative

I could throw a dart in the members project forum and hit someone just as dedicated, who probably deserves it more. And As far as initiative goes, all that really means is "he's friends with people in high places" :eek:

Oninuva

Reaction score
For all you people flaming, let me tell you something, I have been working on this project for 5 months ( on and off). I spent alot of planning in this. Those screenshots were old so new ones will be posted ASAP. The doodads have been replaced with animated ones and tile variation has been improved. 20 heroes is what I want to begin with (10 on each team). I rather have more intresting heroes than vague and bland heroes they include in most maps. For those complaining why I have a custom forum and you don't, Sure you can say I have friends in high places but I belive that to be false, I have no visited thehelper that often since June untill October when I came back. Sure maybe you could choose a random project and find someone as dedicated but a cover of a book sometimes affects someones descision.

For those who support me, thanks for your support.

I plan to allow people to Beta test in around 3 weeks time. Thanks!

Oninuva

Reaction score
Hero Ideas

If you have any heroes that you would like to suggest, please include them in this thread in this format.

UnitName:
ProperName:
PrimaryAttribute:
Skill1: 4 ranks
Skill2: 4 ranks
Skill3: 4 Ranks
SkillUltimate: 3 Ranks
Description:

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Unit Name: Terror

Proper Name: Burning Legend

Primary Attribute: Strength

Skill 1: Burning Blast
Rank 1: Creates a nova of magma dealing 25 damage to nearby units and 20 damage over 8 seconds.
Rank 2: Creates a nova of magma dealing 30 damage to nearby units and 25 damage over 7 seconds.
Rank 3: Creates a nova of magma dealing 40 damage to nearby units and 30 damage over 6 seconds.
Rank 4: Creates a nova of magma dealing 55 damage to nearby units and 35 damage over 5 seconds.

Skill 2: Magma Shield (Casting)
Rank 1: Casts a shield of burning hot magma that deals 3 damage to attacking units and decreasing the attacking units armor by 2 for 20 seconds.
Rank 2: Casts a shield of burning hot magma that deals 4 damage to attacking units and decreasing the attacking units armor by 3 for 25 seconds.
Rank 3: Casts a shield of burning hot magma that deals 6 damage to attacking units and decreasing the attacking units armor by 5 for 25 seconds.
Rank 4: Casts a shield of burning hot magma that deals 8 damage to attacking units and decreasing the attacking units armor by 7 for 35 seconds.

Skill 3: Chaotic Cry
Rank 1: Orders your hero to battle cry increasing all nearby units damage by 6 and giving them fire damage.
Rank 2: Orders your hero to battle cry increasing all nearby units damage by 8 and giving them fire damage.
Rank 3: Orders your hero to battle cry increasing all nearby units damage by 12 and giving them fire damage.
Rank 4: Orders your hero to battle cry increasing all nearby units damage by 18 and giving them fire damage.

Ultimate: Rage
Rank 1: Increases the health of the hero by 30% and steals 10 health constantly between 10 seconds from any target within (X) Range lasting 40 seconds.
Rank 2: Increases the health of the hero by 40% and steals 15 health constantly between 10 seconds from any target within (X) Range lasting 50 seconds.
Rank 3: Increases the health of the hero by 50% and steals 20 health constantly between 10 seconds from any target within (X) Range lasting 60 seconds.

Description:
Coming straight from the burning legion of hell to claim the land of (X). This chaotic creature can learn Burning Blast, Magma Shield, Chaotic Cry, and Rage. Unless you stop this fowl beast, he will never be stopped, not without a fight.

You can change the stuff to fit your hero obviously because I'm sure those aren't evened out because I just made them all up off the top of my head.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Thank you Mr.Tutorial for this suggestion, sounds like a great hero and will be considered.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Unit Name: Earth Dweller

Proper Name: Xenon The Mighty

Primary Attribute: Strength

Burrow (Innate Active)

The Earth Dweller burrows into the earth and become invisible to nearby units.

Subterranean Strike (Can only be cast while burrowed)

Rank 1: The Earth Dweller strikes an enemy from underground so quickly that the unit becomes dazed and suffers from a deep wound that bleeds for 100 damage over 10 seconds.

Rank 2: The Earth Dweller strikes an enemy from underground so quickly that the unit becomes dazed and suffers from a deep wound that bleeds for 150 damage over 10 seconds.

Rank 3: The Earth Dweller strikes an enemy from underground so quickly that the unit becomes dazed and suffers from a deep wound that bleeds for 225 damage over 10 seconds.

Rank 4: The Earth Dweller strikes an enemy from underground so quickly that the unit becomes dazed and suffers from a deep wound that bleeds for 350 damage over 10 seconds.

Perforate

Rank 1: The Earth Dweller drives his Claws through his target dealing 150 damage to the initial target and if there is another enemy behind the target, it will deal 50 damage and that unit will bleed for 10 damage per second for 5 seconds.

Rank 2: The Earth Dweller drives his Claws through his target dealing 250 damage to the initial target and if there is another enemy behind the target, it will deal 75 damage and that unit will bleed for 20 damage per second for 5 seconds.

Rank 3: The Earth Dweller drives his Claws through his target dealing 325 damage to the initial target and if there is another enemy behind the target, it will deal 100 damage and that unit will bleed for 30 damage per second for 10 seconds.

Rank 4: The Earth Dweller drives his Claws through his target dealing 500 damage to the initial target and if there is another enemy behind the target, it will deal 150 damage and that unit will bleed for 40 damage per second for 15 seconds.

Frenzy

Rank 1: The Earth Dweller goes into a frenzy and each time he takes damage he regenerates half of the damage and slams all of the units around him sending them flying back for what seems like a million leagues. Lasts 5 seconds.

Rank 1: The Earth Dweller goes into a frenzy and each time he takes damage he regenerates three fourths of the damage and slams all of the units around him sending them flying back for what seems like a million leagues. Lasts 5 seconds.

Rank 1: The Earth Dweller goes into a frenzy and each time he takes damage he regenerates all of the damage, temporarily making him invulnerable, and slams all of the units around him sending them flying back for what seems like a million leagues. Lasts 5 seconds.

Rank 1: The Earth Dweller goes into a frenzy and each time he takes damage he regenerates all of the damage, temporarily making him invulnerable, and slams all of the units around him sending them flying back for what seems like a million leagues. Lasts 10 seconds.

Decapitate

Rank 1: The Earth Dweller seizes the nearest enemy and maims his head killing him immediately.

Rank 2: The Earth Dweller seizes the nearest enemy and maims his head killing him immediately. The Earth Dweller goes into a bloodlust from the decapitated unit's blood and decapitates two other targets.

Rank 3: The Earth Dweller seizes the nearest enemy and maims his head killing him immediately. The Earth Dweller goes into a bloodlust from the decapitated unit's blood and decapitates three other targets.

The Earth Dweller comes from the far away planet known as Yukorio Tegnio 8 and is known for his ferocity in battle. They are known to be able to take massive damage and keep fighting. He can learn Subterranean Strike, Perforate, Frenzy, and Decapitate. He has the innate ability to burrow into the earth, as do all Earth Dwellers from birth. This hero can only be stopped with death.

I'm going to use this hero in a Hero Arena I'm making. Please give credit :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.