The Helper map, part 2

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
566
Not really. You work around it. Call it the Forum Map. The concept was, originally, to make a map about a forum, right? It doesn't HAVE to be THE HELPER forum...

The Helper = Root Admin
Admins = Admins instead of named admins
Mods = Mods instead of named mods

Or make up names. Use YOUR names instead of the admins/mods of TH.net. If TH doesn't endorse the map, you can still use your OWN names, we don't "own" them or anything.

Wanna know a great proverb?

If the door's locked, try a window.
 

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
221
VG Emblem said:
That's completely retarded. You said you want to make it just like TheHelper forums, yet you make you and your other map-making buddies (who all have pretty much no status here) more powerful than the admins? That's about as stupid as me putting in a code that gives me infinite gold if I join a game I created. :rolleyes:

omfg! You call me "no status" WTF!!! you are :nuts: Btw, I'm a GM :D
 

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
566
Yeah. About that. I read that. Can't say I liked that.

People who create ways for themselves or characters made after themselves to be better in games are only one step above people who crack open maps and create cheats for themselves. If you want your game to be good, REALLY GOOD, then make it the way it should be... Fair.

If you guys still think you're going to create cheats for yourselves or advantages, than you may most certainly count my name on the "Do not use" list :) If you wanna be fair, I'd still like to see some more work before I say yes.
 

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
460
I don't know if this is on the ideas list or not, but anyway... I suggest using some sort of save/load code, and, as many peoples suggested here, everyone starts from 0. Personally, I wouldn't like to start with an advantage. I just want to work hard to gain that 'rep'. About the reward for making the map, that can come in other ways, but not under the shape of the in-game advantages.


About some work to show, currently, the map is at me, but I cannot work on it, and I don't know who to give the map to, so someone can actually work on it, cuz Nika isn't online (he hasn't been online for a couple of days...), and I am clueless about who else could work on it...
 

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
91
Did NiKaNoRoU_GR need anymore spells or I can stop now? I'd really like to continue but....I don't know if he needs anymore.
 

NiKaNoRoU_GR

New Member
Reaction score
115
Yahh!!!! I only logged out 2 days and you replied much -.-

Thanatos_820 said:
Did NiKaNoRoU_GR need anymore spells or I can stop now? I'd really like to continue but....I don't know if he needs anymore.
I do need :)
Chocobo said:
There must be no disadvantage/advantage for each player. Else the map is going to be stupid..
I know.I never thought of including prod/cons on each member :p
Oninuva said:
omfg! You call me "no status" WTF!!! you are :nuts: Btw, I'm a GM :D
But, I may NOT include us as GMs, it would be rather rude, as Seth said, since the map kinda represents TH forum (but not 100% :p )
ok...
i will explain more clearly(which means i have to type slower...)

Nigerianrulz said:
so the helper and the other mods and admins are having an arguement which turns out to be a fight. then we have to stop them from killin each other so the neither the helper or the admin or the mods die...(if the helper die the game will end coz no more the helper to support the helper net and the mods and admin are in a team) the aim for these mini game is to kill as many possible creeps that the helper and other mods are sendin e.g. the helper sents rayquaza to battle(only one becoz there is only one helper) and the mods send like Rabarber to battle and keep sendin until it kills someone... and who ever helps to kill the creeps(forgot to add this in- by the mean of sending it means sending like 20 of rayquaza to battle and 40 Rabarber) the helpers creeps are more stronger but less ppl and the mods creeps are weaker but more ppl (they are all rangers) and the reward ... u should know by readin the one before this

Nice one :)

VG_Emblem said:
That's completely retarded. You said you want to make it just like TheHelper forums, yet you make you and your other map-making buddies (who all have pretty much no status here) more powerful than the admins? That's about as stupid as me putting in a code that gives me infinite gold if I join a game I created. :rolleyes:
Ok, then, your staggering attitude fleched me again; I'll remove the GM thing :p
 
V

VG Emblem

Guest
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Ok, then, your staggering attitude fleched me again; I'll remove the GM thing :p
Good. I think it'll improve the map if it's more closely followed to how TheHelper.net really is.

With that said, if you DIDN'T call the map TheHelper.net and instead just called it "The Forum Game" or something, you could fully well make you and the other map-makers more powerful. You could just call yourselves the admins and it wouldn't matter, because you're not actually basing it off of anything.

If some of you are still against my way of thinking about the situation, here's a "nicer" comparison:

You make a campaign-like Dragon Ball Z map. Now, it's supposed to VERY closely represent the real anime. But, because Krillin is your favorite character, you make him more powerful than anyone. Like, Krillin can beat Super Saiyan 3 Goku in a fight with one hand tied behind his back. Is that at ALL faithful to how the show really goes? No, it's not.

Yeah, I just made a DBZ reference, don't kill me. :p Slightly off-topic: analogies are fun....we should have an analogy contest or something.
 

NiKaNoRoU_GR

New Member
Reaction score
115
VG Emblem said:
Good. I think it'll improve the map if it's more closely followed to how TheHelper.net really is.

With that said, if you DIDN'T call the map TheHelper.net and instead just called it "The Forum Game" or something, you could fully well make you and the other map-makers more powerful. You could just call yourselves the admins and it wouldn't matter, because you're not actually basing it off of anything.

If some of you are still against my way of thinking about the situation, here's a "nicer" comparison:

You make a campaign-like Dragon Ball Z map. Now, it's supposed to VERY closely represent the real anime. But, because Krillin is your favorite character, you make him more powerful than anyone. Like, Krillin can beat Super Saiyan 3 Goku in a fight with one hand tied behind his back. Is that at ALL faithful to how the show really goes? No, it's not.

Yeah, I just made a DBZ reference, don't kill me. :p Slightly off-topic: analogies are fun....we should have an analogy contest or something.
You didn't have to explain it more since I deleted it, but thank you anyways.
Analogies contests?
Maybe...
 
V

VG Emblem

Guest
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
You didn't have to explain it more since I deleted it, but thank you anyways.
Analogies contests?
Maybe...
It wasn't really to you, but more so to people that are like "OMG U R SOOO MEEN THAY MADE TEH MAP DEY SHUD GET SPESHUL TREETMENT!!!!11"...

Or maybe I just like making analogies, who knows....
 

NiKaNoRoU_GR

New Member
Reaction score
115
VG Emblem said:
It wasn't really to you, but more so to people that are like "OMG U R SOOO MEEN THAY MADE TEH MAP DEY SHUD GET SPESHUL TREETMENT!!!!11"...

Or maybe I just like making analogies, who knows....
oh, since many think you are mean...I just think you are strict :)
 

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
566
In this case, he's not strict, he's simply right.

People who create maps and then put THEIR favorite characters ahead of any one else's are basically cheating. Sure, maybe anyone can pick that character. But then those people are cheating, too. That's why not a lot of maps ever get big :rolleyes:
 

NiKaNoRoU_GR

New Member
Reaction score
115
Seth said:
In this case, he's not strict, he's simply right.

People who create maps and then put THEIR favorite characters ahead of any one else's are basically cheating. Sure, maybe anyone can pick that character. But then those people are cheating, too. That's why not a lot of maps ever get big :rolleyes:
I know, I said him to be strict about main opinions :)
Again, I would like to know, Seth, would you grant me permission to use GH in TH map?
 

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
566
In the thread you asked me the first time, I gave you an answer.

Yes, I would mind. You've yet to even get my permission to use my user name in the map :) I am still waiting to see some more work to be assured it's WORTH giving permission to.

I would also like to know HOW you plan on having GH in it. Some embelishment on that might push my answer in your favor?
 

Tonks

New Member
Reaction score
160
A fun way to make yourself feel like you have an advantage is to add in little stupid things, like Godspeak.
You: -gs Muahahaha
Game: Muahahaha
Ya know? Insignificant, insubstantial things that don't really affect gameplay :)
A good idea though is (since you're using a save/load code, I'm sure you can do this) is to have a banlist that only the 4 pawnages can update. Would this work?

Anyways, you signed me up even though I'm not a SM. :D
Maybe I should be the doorgreeter or something insignificant? :p
 

NiKaNoRoU_GR

New Member
Reaction score
115
Tonks said:
A fun way to make yourself feel like you have an advantage is to add in little stupid things, like Godspeak.
You: -gs Muahahaha
Game: Muahahaha
Ya know? Insignificant, insubstantial things that don't really affect gameplay :)
A good idea though is (since you're using a save/load code, I'm sure you can do this) is to have a banlist that only the 4 pawnages can update. Would this work?

Anyways, you signed me up even though I'm not a SM. :D
Maybe I should be the doorgreeter or something insignificant? :p
Um, I don't sign up just SMs.
I sign up people the pawnages like, and are active here ;)
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

      The Helper Discord

      Members online

      Affiliates

      Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

      Network Sponsors

      Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.
      Top