The Key

Nets8

Reaction score
The Key

The key to the world of Slavthur has been dropped! Light and darkness are fighting to control the world. The man with the key, is the chosen one. The key unlocks territory, the key unlocks everything. It is up to you to stop the opposing force.

Basically, a random hero on a random force starts out with the key. The opposing force tries to get the key. The person with the key uses the key to unlock territory and make their force stronger.

Light Heroes

Arthur – The healer and leader of the Light. His braveness and smarts guide him in battle. Adept in holy magic and fighting. Melee.

Spells: Holy Water - Arthur sprinkles some holy water on top of the friendly unit or self and heals for 500 hit points.
Level 1: 500 hitpoints. 10 second cooldown, 50 mana.
Level 2: 750 hitpoints. 10 second cooldown, 75 mana.
Level 3: 1,000 hitpoints. 10 second cooldown, 100 mana.
Level 4: 1,250 hitpoints. 10 second cooldown, 125 mana.

Slava – The strength of the light. He fights with power, and outrageous rage. Adept in pure fighting. Melee.

Misha – The mage of the light. His intelligence is his greatest power, he twists the minds of the dark. Adept in magic. Ranged.

Lena – The swift ranger of the light. Dark is destroyed before you can say DIE! Adept in poisoning, slowing, and swiftness. Ranged.

Layden – The area bomber of the light. Hear a kaboom? That’s him! Adept in area damage. Ranged.

Dark Heroes

Laneous – The healer and leader of the Dark. His braveness and smarts guide him in battle. Adept in dark magic and fighting. Melee.

Potter – The strength of the Dark. He fights with power, and outrageous rage. Adept in pure fighting. Melee.

Hadio – The warlock of the Dark. His wicked mind is his greatest power, he corrupts the light. Adept in evil magic. Ranged.

Aldie – The blademaster of the dark. His stealth and speed tricks his foes. Adept in stealth and speed. Melee.

Darkaloid – The twisted ranger of the Dark, she scares the light to death. Her bow is her greatest power, along with her awesome spells. Ranged.

I am currently working on the heroes and spells. Do you think I should make the same hero in the hero tavern pickable more than once?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Sounds unbalanced.

Lets say team 1 gets the key first. Team 1 gets stronger, while team 2 doesn't. Team 1 is stronger than Team 2 so Team 1 > Team 2 and they get the key again... keeps one going.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I think the key should be given to the first player to say, reach like level 5, or soemthing.

That way it is a bit fairer in a sense

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Spawn the key in one of three random areas equidistant from each starting base.

If you're really crazy, make the key 'alive', and move it with triggers (so that it looks all 'nope, can't catch me!').

Nets8

Reaction score
This will be released when I'm finished. I don't know when. I can sure use testers though, does anyone want to be one?

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
Your heroes don't seem very interesting or each race versatile. Both races have basically the same heroes just with different alignments. Make them more interesting and unique. and a few other things:

"Laneous – The healer and leader of the Dark" Does an evil person heal people

"outrageous rage." - Rawwwwwwwwwrr. maybe something that isn't outrageous (it's like saying the big tall man)

Nets8

Reaction score
Lol, I can't think of anything for heroes and the such. I'll look on the DoTa site for ideas. Terminator, add me on msn: [email protected]. Do you think I should make the same hero in the hero tavern pickable more than once?

S

Sadcase123

I think you should make 2 different keys, one for both each darkness and light.
As they are fighting, maybe the heros(or players) from each side had to undergo a quest to obtain their own keys. Probably a quest needed to fight some insane boss or pass through a horde of monsters. After that, when both sides get the keys, the fighting resumes. Well, this somehow in a sense is fair, because the team which want to win will have to work together to obtain the key first.

EDIT: Maybe you want to enable like the key can be dropped, by the player whose carrying it.
Also be specific about the key, meaning, what the key does.
Does it add godly stats to the player carrying it?
Does it enable the player(or the team) to have access to a shop which sell godly weapons?
Or so....if you know what i mean.

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
Sorry i don't have msn ... I'll get it now!! I'll add you... for the key i think you should take the idea of it being a unit and it runs away and then make a trigger that has an event that goes like this - Unit Comes within 100 of Key <gen>!

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
My first impression after reading Post #1 is imbalance.
Even if it's random, the force that gets the key will win, 99.99% of the time.

And if you make it so that the Hero that gets to lv X first gets the key, then your game will be a last-hitting and denying tournament.
So... you should make a better method to give the key.

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
My first impression after reading Post #1 is imbalance.
Even if it's random, the force that gets the key will win, 99.99% of the time.

And if you make it so that the Hero that gets to lv X first gets the key, then your game will be a last-hitting and denying tournament.
So... you should make a better method to give the key.

esb has allready said that... he said that it is unbalanced or something like that!

H

HamsterBoo

you could make it have a certain dark deeds feel to it.

The character chosen to have the key would also be chosen for a random side. All other players would go to the other side.

The problem with this is amount of players matters. That could be fixed by any way from having the cooldown for the key longer the less players there are, to having a third (or quarter) of the players be on the same side as the player with the key.

p.s. have complicated spells. yours is just a very, very, very suped up holy light (1250 hitpoints every 10 seconds?).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.