The Terrain Thread

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Doors to other worlds.
If you watch closely you can see the penguins are walking to a tropical beach. o.0 I tell you they spend most of their time there, they only go back to the south pole when humans are there.

Attachments

• Inter-Dimensional-Waypoint-Thingy.jpg
    Inter-Dimensional-Waypoint-Thingy.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 367

Mullit

Reaction score
errmm... is that another one of your weird terraining moments like that strange waterfall you once did with flying crates and boats?

2-P

Reaction score
>"I...don't know what...to say."

What about: "Hax!" :p

>"errmm... is that another one of your weird terraining moments like that strange waterfall you once did with flying crates and boats?"

Yes and no. xD That old one looked like crap and I made it in a few seconds. This one was pretty difficult to make.

Council Meeting.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
2-P, I love how you use penguins as a recurring theme! :D

The forests remind me of WoW, too.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Looking great so far. Come on, everyone! The Terrain Thread has been slowly dying!

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I'm working on a bit of terrain testing, seeing what I can do. Also gonna submitt it to a contest, and asking for opinions is no where in the rules.

So... Heres my pathetic piece of $#!% :p I just started it now, comments appreciated!

My Shrine Thingy

Promise not to laugh ;)

Also, this is something I made for a cinematic I started but because I lost a bunch of trigger work I never finished. I will eventually. Comment please :D

My Medievh Scene =D

Meh I think it looks okay, even though it is just a small part, I though it looked good when I first made it.

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
The shrine one seems to empty, other then that, cool ;)

And the medivh, you don't relly see any terrain, only 5-10 doodads and a unit :eek:

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I like the shrine thing, and I agree with Jo_O, you should add more things to the shrine, it looks so empty.

Also, I like medivh scene too, but I think the doodads are to big for the unit.
Anyway, nice terraining.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
The Medivh thing isn't too great, but the Shrine is good - just add more archways and other architecture.

Anyway, I was bored and decided to make a quickie. I consider it the worst of my work. :p
cotffarmlg8.png

...little do the harvesters know that Varimathras is up on a nearby cliff, watching them.

Some of you may recall my mountain range images (I believe they're my most recent submission before that pyramid thing). Well, here's an update of the empty valley from earlier. I plan to have a bridge come from that area with the canopy trees, and lead off onto another island with some nice big chieftain tents and such.

Oh, and here's a quaint little chieftain's hut. Complete with pathing blockers on the walls, so you can walk in areas that it looks like you should be able to!

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Been 9 days (in my timezone, at least) since the last post. Come on, this thread is on the imaginary "Theads that will NEVER die" list.

Antechamber of the Tomb of Sargeras. I'm still working on it, though there are so many areas that I can't put in mass doodads, or I'll be hitting the limit quite soon.

templere4.png

Pay no attention to that crystal, as it doesn't appear until the end of the cinematic (when that dark titan is gone).

2-P

Reaction score
Yar Kenito is right! ^^
I'll comment on some screenshots later, after my sleepy, he he.

I only need to do this because Blizzard is evil and lazy, they should have implented some water reflections right from the beginning. *grrrr*
Yeah, I made a sloppy job, will make something better after my... you guessed it. =P

Anyway, what do you think?

Attachments

• Reflection.jpg
    Reflection.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 324

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
The light emitting from it is a tad...intense, don't you think? Other than that, I'm liking it (both the reflection and the town).

2-P

Reaction score
Hm... definitely.
The town looks really ugly, I guess the camera angle and the dark background are hiding the evilness. =P

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.