The Terrain Thread

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sweet terraining. But can you make it nice looking in-game with a real map? Can ya? Can you ^^? lol, sorry for the rudeness there, couldn't help it. :)

Hey, what did you do for the grass? Shrub sized down? The one that is looking upon the city with all the buildings and stuff, how many different models did you use?

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I can make it look nice in a cinematic! ;)

Anyways, I'm not sure how many models I used. They're all mostly custom, though. Probably ~50 custom models used in the city one and ~25-35 in the earth/light one.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
HAXXOR MCMAXXOR!

2-P is still alive? Hiya! I've just been returning to WC recently, so nothing fancy, but here's a simple area for my mapping project, it's a region that was inundated by a flood but later washed out, leaving a tropical mess.

Attachments

• preview1c.jpg
    preview1c.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 291

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
No background and no fog is the main concern I see. Otherwise, for the few (2?) custom models you used, it looks really good.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Ja. I've yet to work on the surrounding areas, so little in the depth. What do you think I should do for fog? A cool misty type thing?

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Oh hai there Kenito! =D

Dunno what those Blizzard dudes were smoking when they made those coral archs. Don't use them, they don't fit to the Sunken Ruins surroundings 99% of the time. Even that Grunt in your screen stares at the coral. xD

B

benj_war3

Hottest thread..... You're good at this 2-P it's like Elder Scrolls: Oblivion kind. Pretty awesome!

2-P

Reaction score
For the last WT - Abandoned.
I guess it's obvious that I didn't have much time. =P

Attachments

• QQ Bear.jpg
    QQ Bear.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 371

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
mb a sunrise or a sunset in background would be cool. Mb zoom out a little.

btw: 50 page thread :O

2-P

Reaction score
Sunset would add yellow/orange to the screen and I wanted to keep it in a blue tone. >: In other words, that would be too much work. =P
Ja, also thought about zooming out, but I rather have the camera very close to the poor little fellow.

>"btw: 50 page thread :O"

Yeah, because it's full of win. <3

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd rep you 2-P for everything you've made.
But I don't have the time. (+Rep you, and +Rep 10 others takes about 3 minutes, so it'd take about 6 hours.)

Also. Its 19 page for me :D

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
It's all I've got so far :(
I can tell you that the first scene will be with an edited version of my Mountains terrain.

2-P

Reaction score
A wii bit too bright for my taste, but that's perosnal opinion. Making everything super bright seems to be cool these days.
More tree variation please, but I think you heard that often enough. :p
And ultimately... make always sure that the sky clouds are behind EVERYTHING ELSE. @.@ Gosh, 90% of the time they're used wrong. And don't say "but itz supozed tu be mist".

But overall it's awesome, like... really awesome. My most favourite terrain from you yet. ^^

2-P

Reaction score
Oh look, it's Glyphe. ^^

Far away in the desert of exile, guarding a temple.

(the skin is from unwirklich)

Attachments

• Glyphe.jpg
    Glyphe.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 290
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.