TheHelper Site History - 1st Official Blizzard Battle.net Forums MVP Story

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I had the hardest time keeping my mouth shut at that time. Dinobot was hired at Blizzard and he had to resign. He had a double life. I should have taken the job they offered me, that was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I was married though with kids and the job was entry level in Cali - when I had mid level in H-Town. I should have went into the Gaming Tech Support in Cali since I ended up getting divorced anyway :)

Where are you, super foresight powers? ._.

But man, you've got a pretty impressive History :)
Not quite done reading everything though.

Guess the Job at Blizz was a once in a lifetime offer?
Although, I see Blizz looking for programers everywhere ( at least on their info page they're advertising alot of attractive jobs ).

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy crap, You messed hell a lot "Wargasm", didn't you hehehe

Well, do they still have Red MVP icon by the name? lol

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, do they still have Red MVP icon by the name? lol

This is an intersting point. How are you regarded by Blizzard now?

I am reading this whole thing word by word, it is very interesting :)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This is an intersting point. How are you regarded by Blizzard now?

I am reading this whole thing word by word, it is very interesting :)

Well, when the restarted the MVP program they offered to reinstate me but since I NEVER post on the Blizzard forums anymore I had to decline.

FireCat

Reaction score
Aren't you Just a little bit curious?

moarr.gif

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I never really knew anything about t'kron but after reading this I know just how knowledgable the guy was.

I didn't know he was actually a founding member of these forums.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I never really knew anything about t'kron but after reading this I know just how knowledgable the guy was.

I didn't know he was actually a founding member of these forums.

Oh yeah. He he even stuck around after the Open Tech Support split (more on that later). He was so big time he could be in both places at once. He was a Crossover. I miss that guy so much!

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
T'kron was great. I did indeed visit him a few times since he was a rather flex person and a great host. And damn he knew where to get good food. It's those places where you would normally never would go but he knew the people and what to get.

For those who play World of Warcraft you can actually meet the guy ;) No joke hehe. When he died Blizzard put him in the game. When you goto stormwind and visit the cathedral there is a NPC there called Brother Sarno. Sarno was his last name (real name). And the NPC even looks a lil like him :) He was also an avid EQ player. Very passionate about games. Yeah he was one of the good guys for sure and boy did he love blizzard games :) We also did a SC1 closed beta. And one game we really went testing lasted 5 flipping hours. Unlike me he was a really beta testing games. I was just in for the ride.

One of the stories that i still remember when he was an MVP at blizzard that's when he had PC problems . And he had a dell.. So he called Dell and he was getting nowhere... Till he got connected to this one guy. And they started talking about diablo since the issue only happend with diablo. And this dude from Dell fell out of chair when he figured he had T'kron on the phone.. There was a specific issue with Diablo and this one model pc from Dell.. And Dell was monitoring the Blizzard forums in hope for a fix. And they saw this maniac called t'kron knocking down all the tickets and solving them all.

Yeah good times for sure :) Thanks to T'kron i visited the big boob :D A hamburger place the mayor of Chicago was not to happy about. Damn fine hamburgers though.. not many boobs to watch though.. ;)

FireCat

Reaction score
No joke hehe. When he died Blizzard put him in the game. When you goto stormwind and visit the cathedral there is a NPC there called Brother Sarno.
Wow.
It's very rare that someone will take the time to make a NPC of someone
and that's actually quite nice of the blizzard. Well, this Just doesn't happen often enough!? Right?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
T'kron in WoW:

75851.jpg

Attachments

• 75851.jpg
    75851.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 591

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
And this dude from Dell fell out of chair when he figured he had T'kron on the phone.. There was a specific issue with Diablo and this one model pc from Dell.. And Dell was monitoring the Blizzard forums in hope for a fix. And they saw this maniac called t'kron knocking down all the tickets and solving them all.

haha that sounds funny

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
/salute

Is Rapmaster still a big Microsoft poster nowadays?

He seems like the law-abiding Blizz poster, beings hes the only one so far who sticked to the limit :p

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ya I think I was about 17 back when I started with the name. By then I had been doing hobby-programming on Apple II and 286s (and on) for 5-7 years. This was a time when people used computers as offline tools! Most multiplayer games were modem-to-modem. Starcraft gave me a reason to go online. And I abused the Blizzard post limit. 2 posts, 2 using ISP's main web proxy, 2 more using 2nd proxy, then reconnect dialup and hope for a new IP. I'd sometimes post troll messages under other names for some reason. I think Blizzard figured it out :(

I never knew about the Microsoft MVP thing until they found me. It went for about 3 years and then to renew it they were asking for writing blogs, books and speaking at conferences. They have a program now that's just for forum posters called "Community contributor" but it doesn't have all the free stuff and trips to Seattle. Was fun for a while.

Rapmaster(_C) was intended to be ironic or sarcastic or whatever, because I never liked rap music. Or break dancing.

Now I work for a government IT department and don't care as much about computers :) I still lurk here but don't post as much. Unless we want to start a Microsoft Exchange forum :)

thanks for the words

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.