Trigger: If condition Unit in region doesn't work

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Well if it's looping (WE bug) probably then you have no other choice except for creating some kind of wait or using some kind of timer.

I highly doubt it is a WE bug. Must be something in his coding.

Hmm... Seems like it fixed itself :). The trigger doesn't loop anymore I just deleted and added Order unit to stop between pause/unpause unit.

Then your trigger was probably looping because you had a faulty event. When the unit was ordered to stop, the event fired.

Oh, and removing units DOES leak. Looks like it's more of a graphical leak rather than a memory leak.
This is very simple to check.

Create a trigger that runs every 1 second and creates 1 invisible dummy unit at some point (lets assume that the point leak is removed in this trigger), waits 0.5 and removes it from the game with the Unit - Remove Unit action. Or you can just use an expiration timer.

You will see that after some time your fps will go down. But you won't see ANYTHING on the screen as the unit is invisible (and it's removed anyway). On my PC (kind of an old PC, but not too old) the fps loss from a single dummy unit is 0.05-0.1 fps.

I think there's nothing that can be done about this. WC3 garbage collector must suck.

You may be right in some technical aspect, but I made an inquiry here about units leaking. They only seem to create a leak if there is a variable pointing to them.

I understand what you are saying about "graphical leaks" though, but I would like a reputable person to varify that (ty Darthfett). As far as I am concerned, after a unit is removed, there shouldn't be any graphical reference to it.

SomaZ

Reaction score
I checked this in dota. For the "buying with full inventory" system it uses units that you purchase in shops (those units looks just like items). It checks when you purchase a unit, removes it and gives you the item you need (performing a check if you have completed a recipe before that).

The thing is, when I buy ~100 items (tangoos for example) my fps NEAR THE FOUNTAIN goes down to half the fps it was before. Like it was 40, became 20. However if I look elsewhere my fps will be 40-50. I look at the fountain - fps drop. So this IS a graphical leak or something.

Btw fps can be checked by typing /fps in wc3.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.