>Trigger Problem< Please Read/Help

P

Panasonic

Alright, First Things First : RoC Only!

Code:
My Own Admin Csay Command
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing   as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
    Conditions
        (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to Imalazybiznatch
        (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to WorldEdit
        (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to World Edit
        (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to LotR
    Actions
        [COLOR="Red"]If ((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8)) Equal to 1) then do (Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (Entered chat string)) else do (Do nothing)[/COLOR]

This Is My Trigger First Of All....

what im trying to do is basically make a trigger that when i say Admin Csay and then the text, itll post the text to Everyboby in the game like a message basically, but itll be from me :) so i dont have to change to chat All or Chat Allies, lol but also to give me more authority :) cuz i have a kick trigger too...

but well this trigger isnt working at all.. please help me.. remember.. RoC

I want it to be like Admin Csay Blah Blah Blah

Then A message will pop up for everyone, saying just Blah Blah Blah, not the admin csay thing plz :D :D :D PLEASE HELP and thank u in advance

Tinesthia

Reaction score
Code:
Conditions -
        (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to Imalazybiznatch
        (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to WorldEdit
        (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to World Edit
        (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to LotR

Here is one problem. When you set multiple conditions, and do not specify an "Or", from what I've seen it automatically picks "and".

I think the first step to take is...
Code:
Conditions
    ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to Imabiznatch) or (((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to WorldEdit) or (((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to World Edit) or ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to LotR)))

Correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise try it. Still RoC Compatible if you don't use "Or - Multiple conditions"

Edit: Spelling

S

Sunny_D

Admin Csay

and, your if-conditon will also never be true! why equal to 1? try instead:

Actions
If ((Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 10)) Equal to "Admin Csay") then do (Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (Entered chat string)) else do (Do nothing)
[/CODE]

Tinesthia

Reaction score
Okay, I tested, and the following works. Didn't include events because your events are fine.
Code:
    Conditions
        ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to Imabiznatch) or (((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to WorldEdit) or (((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to World Edit) or ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to LotR)))
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 11)) Equal to "Admin Csay "
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (Substring((Entered chat string), 12, 40))

P

Panasonic

:(

Code:
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
        Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
    Conditions
        ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to Imalazybiznatch) or (((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to LotR) or ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to WorldEdit))
    Actions
        If ((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 8)) Equal to Admin Csay) then do (Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (Entered chat string)) else do (Do nothing)

Doesn't Work...:(

any other things u see wrong or .. what?

i type Admin Csay "what ever i want" Suck as : Admin Csay Hi

and it only says it in the original text thing as Admin Csay Hi lol :banghead:

Code:
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing Admin Csay as A substring
    Conditions
        ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to Imalazybiznatch) or (((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to LotR) or ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to WorldEdit))
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 11)) Equal to Admin Csay
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) for 5.00 seconds the text: (Substring((Entered chat string), 12, 40))

P

Panasonic

Okay, I tested, and the following works. Didn't include events because your events are fine.
Code:
    Conditions
    Actions

R u sure it worked??? i tried ur thing too.. it didnt work for me..

Tinesthia

Reaction score
It's not supposed to, but for some reason it is making the entered chat string
"Admin Csay " case sensative. Meaning you can't type "admin csay" it has to be "Admin Csay ".

It's not supposed to do that by itself. But yes, it's still working for me.

P

Panasonic

hmmmm well yeh i tried admin csay Admin Csay one time without the Admin Csay at all.. ive tried lots of things.. and nothing comes.. alright well i guess ill keep fooling around with it.. hopefully it gets it sooner or later, depending on changes i make :p

:banghead: If you still have any other ideas people out there, plz post! ty :banghead:

M

Mythic Fr0st

lol

Variables:

String variable called "Chat Message", type is string
Code:
Event - Player 1 red chat message containing Admin Csay as a substring
Conditions triggering player equal to Name_Here or triggering player equal to Name_Here
Actions - set Chat Message = substring entered chatstring, 11, length of entered chat string (or 100)
Game display to all players the text "Chat Message"

just add your events...

If you want Admin Csay to show, then make it
Substring entered chat string 1, length of entered chat string
If you want the name of the actual player typing it...
Do
Game Display to all players the text "Name of triggering player + <Space_Here_> + Chat Message"

That should work

Tinesthia

Reaction score
Mythic,
the only problem with that is if admin types "Yeah, I type Admin Csay (message)" in game, it will display to all players "pe Admin Csay (message)"

That said... however.. I do believe it is what he should try next till he gets it working.

Panasonic,
I would remove the condition

Code:
Condition
Until you get it working how you want it to.

M

Mythic Fr0st

hmm

Do this then

I didnt think of that, considering I put - infront of my commands, so when I talk about them, it doesn't effect em

Code:
Frog Murder
    Events
    Conditions
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 10)) Equal to Admin Csay
    Actions
        Set ChatMessage = (Substring((Entered chat string), 11, (Length of (Entered chat string))))
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Substring((Entered chat string), 11, (Length of (Entered chat string))))

just make sure you add your

Name of triggering player equal to "Name" or Name Of Triggering PLayer equal to "Name"

etc..

Tinesthia

Reaction score
I think on that last line you mean...
Code:
Game - Display to (All players) the text: (ChatMessage)
Cause thats how it was in the one you posted earlier :)

P

Panasonic

w00t

alright cool i got it working,, the intial like Admin Csay "Hi"

and itll post just Hi in the text, but i had to convert the trigger into custom text because it required tft ehehe but yeh it still works.. only thing the i want to try to change is

well when i type Admin Csay "Text" it says Admin Csay "text" in the original typing thing to the players.. it shows up in both game message and game typing thing.. u know wut im saying?

any way of taking that off?? so that only the game message comes off...if not its cool its awsome anyway

C

ChillinPimp

Unfortunately, to get the Types a Chat Message event you actually have to type the text message :(

I also want to suggest an alternative way to do the conditions if you are planning on having multiple "admin" commands. Have a trigger with "-login" or something that has all your friends name as conditions, and have it add Triggering Player to a player group named Admin or something. Then, with any command like the admin say, just see if player is in player group Admin after the entered chat string.

Also, you can go into File -> Preferences to alter your testing name to your Battle.net name if you want to get rid of the WorldEdit in your conditional.

M

Mythic Fr0st

hmm

Yes there is a way to remove or "make invisible" the text from a player...

^_^

Want to know how Panasonic, pm me on msn :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.