Trouble With the World Editor

Undead Me

Reaction score
On my Mac computer I have run into a serious problem with the trigger editor. When I try to change the name of a trigger the program suddenly freezes and turns off, erasing anything I did in the intervening time.

The same thing happens if I try to chance the name of a force.

When I try to playtest a map I receive an error message saying something about it being impossible to create a necessary directory called MacPath or something like that.

I don't have any of these problems on my PC, just on the Mac. It would be VERY convenient if I could actually use this computer for world editing too though.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Ah, I hear Macs have that problem with renaming. As for playtesting, no idea. Do you have the latest WE version? You should probably press enter when renaming things instead of clicking things, if you do indeed have the latest version.

Undead Me

Reaction score
Actually I do not believe I have the latest WE version on my Mac, I think I have it on my PC. What tips me off about that is that when I try to transfer something from the PC to the Mac I receive a warning that the map was made by a more recent version of the editor. Where do I get the most recent version?

Pressing Enter to confirm a name seems to work, however it is rather difficult to remember to always click Enter. Does anyone know a way to remove the problem entirely?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Do you have NewGen on one computer and not the other?
If not, you can just download the newest WE by connecting to Battle.net (Normal WE, not NewGen :p ) .

Undead Me

Reaction score
Actually I go on B.net with my Mac all the time, my Windows can't access it. Yet the Windows has the latest version.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.