Upgrade Question

Hellforce

Reaction score
I've got a question about the building upgrades (like Town Hall to Keep to Castle). How do i make the building upgrade require for the Player to have killed a number of units, for an example 100 enemy units?

Uszi

Reaction score
There's no direct way. You'd have to use triggers.

I would make a trigger to keep track of kills. Like,

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit -- A unit dies.
    • Conditions
    • Killing Unit Belongs to PLAYER
    • Actions
    • Set NumberKills = ((NumberKills) + 1)
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • NumberKills = 100
      • Then - Actions
        • Player - Set the current research level of YourUpgrade to 1 for PLAYER
    • Trigger - Turn off This Trigger
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing

Basically, whenever you kill a unit, you keep track of the kill count in a variable. When the kill count is 100, you reasearch the building upgrade.

If you want to make it AVAILABLE for upgrade, as opposed to make upgrade automatically, you can create one of the requirements for the upgrade instead of research the level of the upgrade.

Like, NumberKills = 100, create 1 Blacksmith at YourRegion facing default building degrees.

Then, if you don't want the Blacksmith sitting around, you could create it in some random corner of the map away from everything else, and give it the locust ability.

Hellforce

Reaction score
Tried it but, it didn't work. That trigger works for upgrades for the building, but my goal is to upgrade the building into the next level of that building, like i mentioned Town Hall into Keep and then Keep into Castle

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
If you want to make it AVAILABLE for upgrade, as opposed to make upgrade automatically, you can create one of the requirements for the upgrade instead of research the level of the upgrade.

Like, NumberKills = 100, create 1 Blacksmith at YourRegion facing default building degrees.

Then, if you don't want the Blacksmith sitting around, you could create it in some random corner of the map away from everything else, and give it the locust ability.

this

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.