Using Triggers to turn off collision

Uszi

Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm using a "Down" system in my map... I've talked about bugs I've had with it before.

Its nearly finished. The problem is that when you go down, I would like to turn collision off for the dead person so you can walk through them. Right now, you could strategically have a teammate die in a choke point, and their corpse will work as an impassable barrier making you immune to damage.

I use "Unit - Turn collision for TempUnit Off" but it doesn't work.

These are my triggers:

Code:
Down
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Dying unit) Equal to PlayerUnit[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))]
    Actions
        Set TempUnit = (Dying unit)
        Set TempPoint = (Position of (Dying unit))
        Set PlayerDead = (PlayerDead + 1)
        Set PlayerDeadBool[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = True
        Set Downs[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Downs[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] + 1)
        -------- --------------------------------------- --------
        Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of TempUnit) emitting Visibility from TempPoint to a radius of 400.00
        Set Vis[(Player number of (Owner of (Dying unit)))] = (Last created visibility modifier)
        Hero - Instantly revive TempUnit at TempPoint, Hide revival graphics
        Unit - Turn collision for TempUnit Off
        Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at TempPoint for 1.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
        Set ExclamationPoint[(Player number of (Owner of TempUnit))] = (Last created special effect)
        Game - Display to (All players) for 10.00 seconds the text: (PlayerNames[(Player number of (Owner of TempUnit))] +  is down!  Someone revive him!)
        Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of TempUnit))) for 10.00 seconds the text: You have been incap...
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )
        -------- --------------------------------------- --------
        Unit - Change ownership of TempUnit to Neutral Passive and Retain color
        Hero - Disable experience gain for TempUnit
        Unit - Remove All buffs from TempUnit
        Unit - Pause TempUnit
        Animation - Change TempUnit's vertex coloring to (75.00%, 75.00%, 75.00%) with 15.00% transparency
        Unit - Set life of TempUnit to 1.00
        Unit - Set mana of TempUnit to 1.00
        Unit - Add classification of An Ancient to TempUnit
        Animation - Play TempUnit's death animation
        Trigger - Run Sort Multiboard <gen> (ignoring conditions)

Code:
Defibulate v2
    Events
        Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in Survivors and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                            Conditions
                                PlayerDeadBool[(Player number of (Picked player))] Equal to False
                                And - All (Conditions) are true
                                    Conditions
                                        PlayerDeadBool[(Player number of (Picked player))] Equal to True
                                        (PlayerUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))] has buff Defibrillated (Pause)) Equal to False
                    Then - Actions
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                        Set TempPoint = (Position of PlayerUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))])
                        Set TempUnit = PlayerUnit[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                        Unit - Change ownership of TempUnit to (Picked player) and Retain color
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of TempUnit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
                        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                        Special Effect - Destroy ExclamationPoint[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                        Unit - Unpause TempUnit
                        Selection - Select TempUnit for (Owner of TempUnit)
                        Unit - Remove All buffs from TempUnit
                        Animation - Play TempUnit's stand animation
                        Hero - Enable experience gain for TempUnit
                        Animation - Change TempUnit's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                        Unit - Set life of TempUnit to 70.00%
                        Unit - Set mana of TempUnit to 30.00%
                        Unit - Turn collision for TempUnit On
                        Unit - Remove classification of An Ancient from (Triggering unit)
                        Set PlayerDead = (PlayerDead - 1)
                        Set PlayerDeadBool[(Player number of (Picked player))] = False
                        Set Defibs[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Defibs[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] + 1)
                        Visibility - Destroy Vis[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )
                        Trigger - Run Sort Multiboard <gen> (ignoring conditions)

I suppose the cheap fix would be to set the unit's collision to 0, or something really small, in the Object Editor. It shouldn't affect my gameplay much.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.