Vjass gui and best interface

lmjai

Reaction score
If I wanna make a map will it be faster with gui or with vjass?
Also if I wanna make something on vjass is it better with the newgen editor or the 1.26 WE?
I know the newgen editor is quite outdated by now and I don't want my map to give errors.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
>>If I wanna make a map will it be faster with gui or with vjass?
vJass

>>Also if I wanna make something on vjass is it better with the newgen editor or the 1.26 WE?
NewGen, ever.

>>I know the newgen editor is quite outdated by now and I don't want my map to give errors.
NewGen just don't have hashtable in GUI.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can use Newgen with the updated World Editor, so that it'll have all the standard stuff (including hashtables), as well as all the additional features such as TESH and JassHelper.

lmjai

Reaction score
You can use Newgen with the updated World Editor, so that it'll have all the standard stuff (including hashtables), as well as all the additional features such as TESH and JassHelper.

When I double click on NewGen WE.exe it opens an older version of the editor.
I tried loading a map made with normal WE and it says it's an older version at least.
How do I open Newgen with the updated WE?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
When I double click on NewGen WE.exe it opens an older version of the editor.
I tried loading a map made with normal WE and it says it's an older version at least.
How do I open Newgen with the updated WE?

Do you have multiple versions of Warcraft installed on your computer? If you do, it may be using one in the generic path (usually something like "C:/Program Files/Warcraft III"). You can change the path in one of the configuration files.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.