"Wait until..." lagg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
Is the function "Wait untill ... check every 0.10 seconds" slow??? Because I want a respawn-trigger and if i wait 10 seconds and the timer is 10 seconds, the timer will expire earlier... I used "wait until countdown time is smaller than 0.10, checking every 0.10 seconds" it works, but now my question is, is it laggy, or is there a better way???

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok then

Give me the full code, i'll edit it so you can use it. (I hope :D )

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
what conditions??? the conditions warcraft is waiting for???

Wait until (countdown timer) is smaller than 0.10, checking every 0.10 seconds

do you mean that??? Otherwise... It's a reviving trigger, conditions are: ...is hero, ...player is playing a.s.o. hm... @ Geoff: You can use the code, but i dont know if it causes lagg and i dont want my map (Battle Tanks) to lagg...

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Using wait Game - time (Remaining time of Countdown timer)

will have the same effect as that

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
sure? i had a wait, but not game-time... should i everywhere use gametime??? i dont really know where the difference is... game-time expires faster, if the game is faster, right??? but is it also with the other wait??? gamespeed is set to normal, so it normally should work... and in single player it works, but not in multiplayer... is game-time slower while the game laggs? hm... i have also a timer seld-made in my multiboard... it works with "every 1 sec of game-time", so it is as a game-time timer? thanks

Rad

Reaction score
Game time goes at the games time rate, so like if a timer is 1...2... normal wait could be 1.2 at 1, 2.2 at 2. but game time wait will try to align to that (At least thats what i think it does...)

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
I think it GameTime=NormalTime, if game speed is Normal, Gametime>NormalTime, if game speed is slow, and if game speed is fast, GameTime<NormalTime...

well... i found another bug... i had a multikill, which removes the kill form the variable after 10 secs, and if the var is higher than 3 a sound is played... and these 10 seconds are tha failure i think... so is Wait (game-time) the same as Wait, if i use normal speed??? then ill do it with a normal wait... otherwise i use game-time... the only thing you should post here, if

??? WAIT=WAIT(GAME-TIME), WHEN GAME SPEED IS NORMAL ???

K

Kenshin_87

Same here...

Wait until ((Number of units in (Units in Place <gen>((((Matching unit) is dead) Equal to False) and ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile)))) Less than or equal to 1), checking every 1.00 seconds

When my trigger reaches the "wait until" action and all the units are dead, i have to wait for like 5 seconds before my trigger will continue functioning..

Is this bug or something?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Please make a new topic if you want to ask a question, this one is almost 2 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.