War Sucks

T

Tristian

Story Line: (http://warsucks.t35.com/storyline.htm)
January 3rd, 1952

The year was 1949, the cold war has erupted into World War 3, your family has been stricken hard by the US Goverments Draft. Your two sons were the first to go to war, then you were drafted. Its been a rough 3 years, you've already received a letter saying that your wife, Maria, and your daughter, Jane, where killed in the third invasion of the east coast. Your two sons are long forgotten in Asia. They were assigned a top secret task and as far as you know they we going to be shipped out to Russia to try and assassinate some goverment body, but that was the last you heard from them and it was nearly a year ago. Your family is gone and you are stuck on the front line shooting anything that moves. The goverements are threatening to start a nuclear war, but they are only threats, if it turned to reality, all would be lost.

Its January 3rd, your birthday. As the day continues, you wait for a letter. A letter saying you can go home for a week to visit your family and home once more, but you have no family and the letter hasn't arrived. The next thing you know your falling asleep in your pot hole, dreaming of what it was like before this terrible war ever happened and what it would be like if it never happened. Suddenly all hell breaks lose. All you can hear is a cry from an angry mob sprinting down the hill to your right, they're the Russians. One by one they fall to the mines that were placed there two days ago. You thank god that you placed them and didn't follow the commands of your camanding officer, David. He ordered the mines to be placed to the left where he thought the Russians would attack, but you disregarded his orders and when he wasn't paying attention you placed them to the right instead. It wasn't a smart move at the time, but when the attack was over David slaped you on the back... laughing, how could he laugh at a time like this. But he wasn't laughing at that. He was carrying a letter addressed to... you!

He gave you the letter and started to walk away, you started to look at the front, back, and the sides. It was from your sons! They are alive! You started to tear the letter apart, carefully, but eagerly. You started to read it aloud. Your fellow soldiers started to listen in, you didn't mind. It read,

"Hello father,

I know my brother Tom, and I haven't writen to you for some time now, but we haven't got the time anymore. Ever since we were shipped out to Russia we never got a chance to send anything back, the Russians have closed all routes to US owned land and trying to get this letter to you was almost impossible. But we did it anyway and if you reading this now, then we succeded.

Tom was shot in the leg and was taken to a hospital where he had to get his leg amputated (you started to cry), he is alright now, I don't think the Russians have found out he is American, but it's only a matter of time before they do. I'm writing to you because I would like to tell you two things. First Happy 41st birthday, I can't believe the goverment is still recruiting people at your age. Just a joke. And the second thing is that, I'm being held in a prison. They are planning to execute me next month and the purpose of this letter is to inform you and your commanding officer that I need a rescuing party. There are 10 other Americans with me that are facing the same fate. Please father, help us escape. Give this letter to your commanding officer and ask him if you can take a party of five with you.

Love,
Kyle"

You think to yourself on how the US Goverment could send a 22 year old boy into a foreign contry to do what a professional soldier should do. This goverment sucks, War Sucks you think to yourself. You remember what the letter said and you immediatly send for David and show him the letter. He agrees to a party of 5 to follow your command. All your friends sprang into action when he announced this. They all eagerly voluntered to apart of this mission, all five of them.

"This is only the begining, are you sure you are ready for this? This is going to a lot different than sitting in a pot hole shoting at people that rushing." David says.

"I'm ready" You reply.

-----------------------------------
Summary.
You are a 41 year old man in the service of the US Army in the the year of 1952. Your whole family has been affect by this was, World War 3. You wife and daughter have been killed, one of your sons is in the hospital missing a limb and the other is being held prisoner at a Russian prison and is going to be executed in one month. Your task is to take a party of five and go rescue your son and the other 10 prisoners from execution. You have one month to do it too.

This campaign is a first person shooter, and is going to be designed to test your skills like never before, after the campaign is made I am planning to create a multiplayer map for b.net. You can check out the website at http://warsucks.t35.com/ (my first website EVER! Tell me what you think).

Any help in any area would be apreciated. The teaser should be done soon so stay tooned (can't spell that). I'm thinking it will be about 5-10 minutes long, all movie, no interaction.

Hoping the first map will be done in about a month, after that it should be a breeze only because we will have all the custom objects, abilitys, and triggers done so it will only be a matter of doing the terrain.

If you would would like to help on the campaign just post here.

To see a progress bar on the map please go here: http://warsucks.t35.com/progress.htm

Any questions/comments/complaints are welcome, good or bad.

::EDIT::
Just added a Live Java Chat Room. Check it out here.

T

Tristian

I take it by the amount of veiw compared to replys, that the name is interesting and will drag you in, but the plan stinks?

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Saving Private Kyle? Or is that illegal?

Anyways, if you can trigger all of this, then keep working at it! It sounds awesome!

T

Tristian

hey, just because my posts are small doesn't mean im a novice at mapping :D, (dont take that the wrong way meant as a joke).

Yes i can trigger it, hell its just the objects that gonna bug me. Anyone know where i could get a object with a crawl, sit, stand, swim (will just use crawl), and a jump (maybe not that, could just use change flying height)? That would be a great help. Oh an in the marine unit maybe, cause i can model, but i stink at it :p.

Also, anyone know what kind of weapons where around in the cold war era?

--------
Saving Private Kyle... nah dude sounds like im trying to steal it. Thanks tho

A

Art[of]War

google it....thats what im doing for my world war one theme, just research and you will come up with awesome ideas, the amount you seem to be putting into this looks very kewl, keep at it

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
My posts are over 300 but I am an empty shell of no knowledge of triggers. You shouldn't take posts as any judgement of knwoledge, if anything, use rep.

Lizidian

Reaction score
Tristian said:
hey, just because my posts are small doesn't mean im a novice at mapping :D, (dont take that the wrong way meant as a joke).

Yes i can trigger it, hell its just the objects that gonna bug me. Anyone know where i could get a object with a crawl, sit, stand, swim (will just use crawl), and a jump (maybe not that, could just use change flying height)? That would be a great help. Oh an in the marine unit maybe, cause i can model, but i stink at it :p.

Also, anyone know what kind of weapons where around in the cold war era?

--------
Saving Private Kyle... nah dude sounds like im trying to steal it. Thanks tho

k well weapons are...

i asked my dad who was in the army lol... (not all of them mostly the ones he used or saw)

-Colt 45 (Pistol)
-M1A1 Carbine (Rifle)
-Thompson (SG)

Guns I found online...

-M1 Garand
-Springfield
-M2 Frag Nade
-PPSh
-Mosin-Nagant
-Luger
-Lee-Enfield
-Sten
-FG42

no idea what they are i just took down names lol

EDIT:!!! Just realized this during WWIII the US and Russia were Allies along with the Brits... lol

T

Tristian

lol, thanks a ton. No gotta figure out what to use and how powerful they are.

Lizidian

Reaction score
Tristian said:
lol, thanks a ton. No gotta figure out what to use and how powerful they are.

-Not So Powerful (Pistols/Sidearms)

Colt .45
Luger

-Average (Rifles/SMGs)

Sten (MG)
Thompson (SMG)
M1A1 Carbine (Rifle)(Standard Issue for G.I.s)
PPSh (Russian SMG)

-Very Powerful (Snipers Mostly)

M2 Frag Grenade
Mosin-Naga (Sniper)
Lee-Enfield (Sniper)
FG-42 (Semi-auto Sniper DEADLY!!! lol)
M1 Garand (Very Powerful Rifle)
Springfield (Sniper)

Hope that helps you sort things out lol

T

Tristian

thanks! I already got half of them and then you posted that :D

They weren't at the begining, but when hitler turned on the russians then they allied.

Sargon

Reaction score
Lizidian said:
EDIT:!!! Just realized this during WWIII the US and Russia were Allies along with the Brits... lol

You didn't know that...?

Lizidian

Reaction score
no i did i just thought about it cuz his story says the american kids are going to kill russian gov officials...

T

Tristian

Well, they werent at the begining so i can see how some people didn't know that. Then they allied then they became enemys during the cold war which this map takes place.

Rad

Reaction score
Tristian said:
You have any suggestions?

Get rid of the pop ups on your page, thats my suggestion :)

(No its not my comp, I havent got pop ups for a very very long time)

Lizidian

Reaction score
Tristian said:
Well, they werent at the begining so i can see how some people didn't know that. Then they allied then they became enemys during the cold war which this map takes place.

lol... as i said before I did know that i just wasnt thinking about it lol... "i had a brain fart :D lol" always wanted to say that

T

Tristian

srry, its a free website (not gonna pay for site that im using for one thing). I didn't even notice them till now, i have a pop-up blocker.

lol, a brain fart... ROFL

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.