Warcraft 3 lags BIG TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fratleyslaye

amazing how many times ive done that :p

Umm you would be surprised people who come to forums posting relative problems but then making there specs look better so others think they are "cool" or something. . not sure :-\ But I have DEFINITELY seen people do it

Not sure what to tell you, because my 10+year old computer with much worse specs then that can run warcraft with almost everything high detail in big maps and not lagg at all. .

L

lascha

then you've probably got spyware(s), maybe even a virus. I recommend using XoftSpy and Ad-aware SE Personal to scan on and remove spywares. I don't run virus scanners, I don't even have a virus security program.. so I don't know much about those. Anyway, if you find a bad file that you can't remove, write down it's path and start windows in safe mode (to do this, click many times on F8 when the pc is starting up, then click on "start with safe mode" or something). In safe mode you can remove the file, be logged in as administrator^^.

Mullit

Reaction score
if it's spyware/viruses here are a few programs to help get rid of them.

anti-virus:
AVG

anti-spyware/adware:
ewido
spyware, search and destroy

all of these are free. if its not this then its most probably something to do with internet connections if it only lags on bnet

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
try Mcaffe or nortan go back... and its spybot seach and destroy not what ever u had =) :shades:

L

Luke

For the person with a 7900GT and an opteron 165, you need to run windows update to get the microsoft dual core patch.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Open War 3>Goto Options>Resolution
Lowering it might help.

B

balanar7

SAME problem!

Hey I jus gt new pc and my spec are AMD 64 6000+ dual core, 2 gb ram, 8600gt 512mb and I installed war3 and bam same rubbish> i have to restart everytime before I play cause if i play more than an hour it stutters really bad an mouse jumps to end of map all the time!!! really sucks no point in playin...applies to singleplayer and bnet so its not internet conn...sigh pls help

D

Dragoniel

This is not a videocard or RAM or sound adapter fault. It's a games engine fault and there is nothing you can do about it. It's an old game and you have new systems. That may be the cause.

That said, I suspect it has something to do with AI pathing. Try different map. If it's a custom map youre trying to play, try removing excess hostile units and places that can not be reached by foot (gold mines on elevated areas or behind tree walls, etc). Also, I've noticed, that the lag doesn't appear in maps with small number of players. But then I don't play online.

I don't think it will help, but what else can you do?

KurosakisTwi

Reaction score
A lot of people are having this problem, and I'm also one of them. I recently built my computer, all nice and pretty (4gb ram, nvidia geforce 8400 gs, pentium dual core 5200, nice gigabyte motherboard). I've been able to run multiple programs at the same time with no worries, even with dual screens.

However, with Warcraft, it's a completely different story. I log out of any IM programs and close any open programs or any i have running in the background (essentially like starting up the computer with nothing preset to open or login). I run Warcraft, and from the get-go it's lagging. I've tried turning off all sound and dropping all the graphics qualities to minimum. It still lags. :banghead:

In response to the guy above me, my boyfriend also runs this game. He has a newer system than me and it runs perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.