Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Once again sorry for the long wait, life is really frustrating at the moment and I've got a lot of pressure on me. Well, what I really need is those abilities for the Chronician, and also the other abilities for the Wizard and stuff. I've finally got back my external drive so I can work on it again, but it is really not worth making a replay of the game if it only has minor changes.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
As soon as I can fix my world editor I can do them... Chronician is done but I can't really fix some stuff regarding MUI unless I can access the map... This stupid update caught me by surprise..

kingbdogz

Reaction score
As soon as I can fix my world editor I can do them... Chronician is done but I can't really fix some stuff regarding MUI unless I can access the map... This stupid update caught me by surprise..

Hmm what update are you talking about? My world editor is working fine atm.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Warcraft 3 had an update yesterday. I tried patching, but my updater crashes each time I try to update.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I can't use NewGen, since it seems to think another World Editor is up at times, and it seems to auto-crash now. I tried reinstalling into an alternate folder and this didn't work. Even tried manual patching..

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I can't use NewGen, since it seems to think another World Editor is up at times, and it seems to auto-crash now. I tried reinstalling into an alternate folder and this didn't work. Even tried manual patching..

Maybe the new patch doesn't work with Newgen? Try reinstalling and patch to the patch you had before this new one.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I've reinstalled 3 times, changed the name of the folder, removed all custom stuff from the folder, even uninstalled unnecessary stuff. None of this worked. -_-

kingbdogz

Reaction score
wc4tai.jpg

Update!

Once again another Update is here. Unfortunetly since I cannot access the map I cannot give you the Big Update as I'm giving a little more then just information, but let me assure you this, the Big Update was finished some time ago and I am just waiting on some crucial things that are related to the map itself. During these past weeks I've been expanding more on our new section, Morns Journal. If you did not read the last update, Morns Journal is a section where Morn, a dwarf, describes what he has encountered on his journeys. I will not release the new parts of the journal right now for reasons not revealed yet (the information reveals huge chunks of the campaign so I will release it on the big update.)

Once again I'd like for all you readers to +rep GooS for that brilliant logo that was created by him :thup:

Thought I would forget about the Creeps and Critter sections, eh? Nope, in fact I added three new additions to each section.

Warcraft 4: The Awakening Front Page

And finally, I'd like to finally announce something I have been working on. Recently, I have been drawing and working on the Forsaken Race! Yes, I have to admit I have not done anything on the map itself but I have done some concepts of the units. Look for your self on what I have done:

demonicskullnegetiven.jpg

The Splinter is a great skull of huge proportions that has risen from the earthy depths to aid the Forsaken in its struggle for order. Their great flags of war and might give hope and lust to units surrounding it, making it a worth warrior on the battlefield.

The Splinter gives units surrounding it a speed bonus. Not built but summoned (notes on the Forsakens building method later).

Here are some other doodles I made of potential units, but not yet decided. Please, if you have an idea of what the unit could be named or its role, do not hesitate to give me some tips. This is where you, the fans of this project, really get to decide on some major decisions.

helticghoulnegetivev.jpg

cryptpost.jpg

splinterskull.jpg

scyther.jpg

I know my drawings suck (I'm only 14 so I guess thats my excuse), but you get the general idea. Instead of making the Forsaken like the Undead (which has some Flesh on their units), I tried to drift off from that concept and went on to full on Skull and Bone units and I ended up with some really unique units.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this update, I just hope no one has lost faith in this project, or thought it's dead ect. Well I assure you it is not. The absence of updates is year 10 (god damned home work), Work (5 days a week is hard to handle...), and my external driver out of reach. As slow as the progress is, I just can't throw away such an epic story (you won't think the story is epic until you see the script I've been writing, which will be revealed later) and with the Undead campaign completely redone (yup, I remade it. Yes it has the same plot line, but the original wasn't very interesting so I've redone it with some major changes and made it a lot darker. The original was kinda cheesy like a Command and Conquer campaign where you just had to conquer the other nation.), you will not be disappointed. Happy gaming!

~Kingbdogz

kingbdogz

Reaction score
You made this in photoshop? Lol... By all means, brutall job!

No I drew these in real life, scanned them, then inverted them to give them a gritty/awesome look.

BTW good to see you again and that someone is still following this after so long.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Tbh, the third picture looks like half a monster put on a broom. But it still looks good.

Oops I forgot to mention that was a ward like unit, not a unit it self. It's pretty much a melee ward that lasts for a short period of time, but costs very little mana and cooldown. More information will be released later of course.

Great to see you again Siretu, man how long has it been since we last had a long talk? :( I feel bad leaving this place for so long.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Sorry it took me sooo long to get back. :( Warcraft 3 died on me for awhile.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Sorry it took me sooo long to get back. :( Warcraft 3 died on me for awhile.

No problem, although I regret to admit I have been held up from releasing much because of the lack of a jasser actively working, but I can't say much as I have done nothing as well. Great to hear you got your Wc3 working again, we shall hopefully see some progress develop steadily soon :)

Renendaru

Reaction score
I feel kinda responsible for the lack of updates. :(

I've finished basically most undead abilities so far. I'm doing a rush job to try to finish at least 3 races. :/

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I feel kinda responsible for the lack of updates. :(

I've finished basically most undead abilities so far. I'm doing a rush job to try to finish at least 3 races. :/

Don't feel so bad, no ones rushing this project. You may have held it back slightly, but not of your own account. Plus with my map being out of reach, I could of done nothing with your spells anyway until it was back on my computer. Do it at a comfortable pace that you can do, I imagine collage or uni is really holding you back as well? That was the case last time, so if it is still the case, take your time.

captainrads

Reaction score
Unit ideas you say? Lets see what I can come up with...the drawings look pretty beastly by the way.
Ok, the first drawing with the caster-looking dude looks sort of like a Skeletal Warlock. If you went that way, it might look something like this:
Skeletal Warlock: Primary casting unit, has the Static Charge ability(gives a unit the lightning orb ability as a buff for a bit) and can learn Buff Combustion(AOE, does damage or mana burn to all units in the area depending on how many buffs/debuffs the units have) and Skeletal Repairs(Either revives a nearby skeletal unit, or heals a skeletal unit for a lot of hitpoints).
For the giant skull crab thing, it looks like it might be a parasitic creature, so for it:
Gorgonoid: Undead parasitic heavy melee unit, can learn the Infest ability(autocast melee, infests a unit with parasitic worms which periodically take life from the infected unit and give it to the casting unit).
The last thing might look like this:
Razorbones: Heavy ranged unit, flings spiked bones at enemies. Can learn the Anti-dynamics ability(shoots spikes at air units, dealing damage and bringing them to the ground. However, they can still move, but very slowly. "Clipping their wings", if you will).
Sounds like you already have an idea for the ward unit, so I don't think I need to give you an idea there.

captainrads

Reaction score
Unit ideas you say? Lets see what I can come up with...the drawings look pretty beastly by the way.
Ok, the first drawing with the caster-looking dude looks sort of like a Skeletal Warlock. If you went that way, it might look something like this:
Skeletal Warlock: Primary casting unit, has the Static Charge ability(gives a unit the lightning orb ability as a buff for a bit) and can learn Buff Combustion(AOE, does damage or mana burn to all units in the area depending on how many buffs/debuffs the units have) and Skeletal Repairs(Either revives a nearby skeletal unit, or heals a skeletal unit for a lot of hitpoints).
For the giant skull crab thing, it looks like it might be a parasitic creature, so for it:
Gorgonoid: Undead parasitic heavy melee unit, can learn the Infest ability(autocast melee, infests a unit with parasitic worms which periodically take life from the infected unit and give it to the casting unit).
The last thing might look like this:
Razorbones: Heavy ranged unit, flings spiked bones at enemies. Can learn the Anti-dynamics ability(shoots spikes at air units, dealing damage and bringing them to the ground. However, they can still move, but very slowly. "Clipping their wings", if you will).
Sounds like you already have an idea for the ward unit, so I don't think I need to give you an idea there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.