Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainrads

Reaction score
Stableyard
Building
Model:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=107657&prev=d=list&r=200&c=4
Here can you build all your horse units.
What horse units? The model looks good but I don't think there are forsaken horse units...or much of any units involving undead animals. The only thing I can think of is the Frost Mammoth but I'm pretty sure that's just regular undead.

Hero/Unit
Modelhttp://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=48124&prev=d=list&r=200&c=4
Unholy Warrior or Death Caller
Abilities:
Sorry don't have any ideas for this one :S
Definitely give it a cleaving attack if you use that model. It sorta looks like an acolyte, so if you plan on using acolytes as a builder, maybe the warrior could be an upgrade for them.

Unit
Modelhttp://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=47984&prev=d=list&r=200&c=4
Death Bringer
Abilities:
Same as the tureen Spirit Walker.
Don't give it the same abilities...that's boring. How about this:
Necrowalker: Caster unit, has the Essence of Shadow ability(Banish), and can learn the Undead Spirit(warps the spirit of a target living unit, causing an undead double of the target unit to be made. Also slows the target unit) and Threads of Life(Ties the necrowalker and a target unit to each other, causing them to mirror the health of one another) abilities.
Those last two could be pretty powerful, so some balancing might be needed.

sidove

Reaction score
Definitely give it a cleaving attack if you use that model. It sorta looks like an acolyte, so if you plan on using acolytes as a builder, maybe the warrior could be an upgrade for them.
I think that would be cool like an elite acolyte or like the peasant's militia ability so instead they transform into a Death Caller :)

What horse units? The model looks good but I don't think there are forsaken horse units...or much of any units involving undead animals. The only thing I can think of is the Frost Mammoth but I'm pretty sure that's just regular undead.

Don't know if he had any horse or animal units I put it there because thought it was a nice model and looked like a undead stable :)

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Wow great Ideas Sidove, I think I'll use nearly all of them (I gotta cut some to make room for my ideas), but most of the models will be place holders as they are more Undead and I really have a different vision of how the Forsaken should look (although damn that Deadeye is brilliant, I will be keeping that).

you will definitely need an anti-cheat system
I suggest you to add it

or did you done it already? sorry if I missed something

btw will you include some RPG missions? like with Rexxar in TFT (I mean in later campaigns)

I have not made an Anti-cheat system yet but your right I will need one bad, these campaigns need to be completed the normal way.

There will be several RPG missions with the Lich King. In the campaign, he is really overpowered (he is of course balanced in melee) but still like any hero and can be killed quite easily so RPG missions will be long.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
king, do not use the Lich King in melee. First of all, no lore character was a melee character in wc3. And second of all, its messed up to make the Lich King weak.

Make a guy called "Herald of the Lich King" with weakened the Lich King's weakened abilities/stats.

captainrads

Reaction score
king, do not use the Lich King in melee. First of all, no lore character was a melee character in wc3. And second of all, its messed up to make the Lich King weak.

Make a guy called "Herald of the Lich King" with weakened the Lich King's weakened abilities/stats.
Actually, that's sorta true. I say sorta because the heroes in the melee were in the story, just altered or not main characters. I mean the DK model just looks like Arthas without eyes and a different voice. The Archmage isn't the Jaina model, but there are numerous Archmagi in the story and one of the proper names in melee is Antonidas...I think.

kingbdogz

Reaction score

You raise a good point. How about a "Shadow of the Lich King". It is sort of like a hallucination of the Lich King, but can really attack. Its appearance would be like the Lich King but with dark mist and frost wavering off him. Good idea? He pretty much uses it to be in the battle without actually being in the battle.

sidove

Reaction score
You raise a good point. How about a "Shadow of the Lich King". It is sort of like a hallucination of the Lich King, but can really attack. Its appearance would be like the Lich King but with dark mist and frost wavering off him. Good idea? He pretty much uses it to be in the battle without actually being in the battle.

That was a good idea only maybe a different name like errm ... Death Bringer or Shadow Lich or take your if you want :p

sidove

Reaction score
I got a mission idea (i know that your stuff to decide so it hangs in with the story but would be cool if you had one of these missions)

A mission were you are the humans and your objective is to storm a orc castle :)

With you, you have catapults so they can blow the walls of, ladders, archers, footman's etc.

It would really be a tactical mission were the enemy defend their castle and you try to capture it on the best way.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I got a mission idea (i know that your stuff to decide so it hangs in with the story but would be cool if you had one of these missions)

A mission were you are the humans and your objective is to storm a orc castle :)

With you, you have catapults so they can blow the walls of, ladders, archers, footman's etc.

It would really be a tactical mission were the enemy defend their castle and you try to capture it on the best way.

There are a few things that don't make sense for that mission. First of all, Orcs don't really have castles, they aren't like Humans. Second, the Humans are at war with the Lich King, and if anything the Orcs are joining the Alliance (they kinda always were, but they were more a neutral race with the Alliance). Tactical missions will be in the game of course, diversity makes it so much better. Thanks for the thought though.

That was a good idea only maybe a different name like errm ... Death Bringer or Shadow Lich or take your if you want

Shadow Lich is alright, but it sounds too much like the "Lich". I think I like Shadow of the Lich King, long but it doesn't conflict with any other names (or doesn't make sense).

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I think you should be able to decide main options.

Example:

You stand at the top of a hill. Your troop is going to take control over the champ ath the bottom of the vally. Three options:

- Storm it.
- Sneak.
- Storm with 65% (or something) and backattack them with the rest.

Sounds like something interesting?

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I think you should be able to decide main options.

Example:

You stand at the top of a hill. Your troop is going to take control over the champ ath the bottom of the vally. Three options:

- Storm it.
- Sneak.
- Storm with 65% (or something) and backattack them with the rest.

Sounds like something interesting?

Do you mean making triggered orders to do that or make the terrain allow for those options?

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Yes I was talking about the terrain.

An other question:

Can we make an upgrade which allows you to build barricades?

Barricades increases defence a little, but mostly the evasion.

Do you need upgrade lists? I guess we will make new upgrades available?

EDIT:
Am I a part of the team? I am not listed :p Just wanted to ask.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Pretty sure you're a terrainer iPeez. :/

captainrads

Reaction score
Well just because you're not officially a part of the team doesn't mean you can't help out. I mean I've been at this thread for a long ass time giving ideas even if I'm not officially part of the team.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Yes I was talking about the terrain.

An other question:

Can we make an upgrade which allows you to build barricades?

Barricades increases defence a little, but mostly the evasion.

Do you need upgrade lists? I guess we will make new upgrades available?

EDIT:
Am I a part of the team? I am not listed :p Just wanted to ask.

Oh you are, I just haven't put you on yet. I'll put you on now.

Well just because you're not officially a part of the team doesn't mean you can't help out. I mean I've been at this thread for a long ass time giving ideas even if I'm not officially part of the team.

That you have, I'm surprised I haven't put you on the front page actually. You should be on the team, and you can be if you want (nothing will change, it just means you will be on the front page and credits).

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That credits list has like two people that offered help in like the first 5 pages. Can you add "Private Critique" to mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.