Warcraft 4: The Awakening - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
@captainrads: I'll put you up now

@Wc3shady: Yeah I gotta fix it all up.

EDIT: I fixed the front pages team list.

wc4tai.jpg

Update!

Another update is here! This update is very small and just shows some WIP shots of the first Undead mission (note I'm only working on triggers for now so I just modified Divide and Conquer):

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

19.jpg

12.jpg

18.jpg

You may or may not see some new units or new things in those pictures, keep your eye out. Remember this is a WIP so everything is likely to change.

~Kingbdogz

kingbdogz

Reaction score
You know you're missing some DIS icons right?

Yes I realize that, they are the Basilisk ones. It was actually because the first icon I had didn't work and really didn't end up fixing it. I shall fix it now. Anyway I'm now starting a quick Cinematic of the Lich King telling us to rise the dead in the Graveyards, ect. I now realize how crap I am at Cinematics xD (balancing units is my strong point). It of course is not the final one, the Cinematic crew will be tweaking that side, but at the moment I need to get a rough draft of what it should look like.

EDIT: I didn't see Warcraft 4 under your name. That's awesome, it shows your really committed to this. I have it under my name too. +rep xD

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
King, it looks great so far. I really need to get my ass moving on my project, and modeling.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
I think your terrain needs some work though, seems pretty empty except for those dead trees and cliffs.

Also in the fifth picture, the land raised looked alittle too uneven.

Still, this is a good start :thup:

captainrads

Reaction score
The screenshots look good, say, gives me an idea; how about a camera adjustment function? The normal camera is really close to the ground which makes it hard to manage everything, it would be awesome if players could zoom out, or zoom in so you could get some more detailed screen shots.

By the way, how do I change my "member" subheading? I've also seen people with signatures where they put their maps and stuff, and I can't find where I change either of those.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
strange thing is that you have custom units but don't have custom abilities...
those death knight abilities are boring like any other blizzard's ability

EDIT: ups I forgot it's a WIP

my bad sry :p

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Off topic:

Member subheading get +100 rep and a mod will allow you to change it in your User CP.

Signature
only give to special members.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Mega huge update!

I finished 1 race so far, as far as abilities. I should finish by tomorrow, if nothing goes wrong.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
:thup:
Mega huge update!

I finished 1 race so far, as far as abilities. I should finish by tomorrow, if nothing goes wrong.

Thats awesome. Really hope nothing goes wrong. :thup:

The screenshots look good, say, gives me an idea; how about a camera adjustment function? The normal camera is really close to the ground which makes it hard to manage everything, it would be awesome if players could zoom out, or zoom in so you could get some more detailed screen shots.

By the way, how do I change my "member" subheading? I've also seen people with signatures where they put their maps and stuff, and I can't find where I change either of those.

The camera idea seems pretty cool, I'll see what I can come up with.

I think your terrain needs some work though, seems pretty empty except for those dead trees and cliffs.

Also in the fifth picture, the land raised looked alittle too uneven.

Still, this is a good start

That is because I haven't started terraining yet, I'm doing all the triggers for the quests. The current terrain is just Divide and Conquer with some extra doodads and changed tile set. Terraining shall start soon though.

King, it looks great so far. I really need to get my ass moving on my project, and modeling.

Hehe thanks, just don't rush it. Things can't be perfected like that. :D

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Something 'slightly' went wrong... I got sidetracked on my rpg kind of... I forgot about The War4 projects for a bit. I got a lot done on it though. So far I've made the backpack system, the pet system, and I have 4 heroes done. The cool thing in my rpg is that you can earn titles. Each title gives you a different buff.

wc3shady

Reaction score
What do you expect DVD? He's making 5 campaigns, 1 completely new race (maybe 2; I'm unsure on this one), and he's redoing much on the other 4.

Look at how long it has taken many great campaign conversions - such as HoS. It's been in production for 7 years.

In fact, kingbdogz is working rather swiftly.

EDIT

Hero's:
Crypt Queen:
Revive Gold Cost: 425
Revive Lumber Cost: 100
Food Cost: 5
Main Attribute: Intelligence
Starting Strength: 8
Starting Intelligence: 30
Starting Agility: 10
Cooldown: 1.90
Ability's:
Carrion Beetle Egg: (lvl1:50 Mana, lvl2:75 Mana, lvl3:105 Mana) The Carrion Beetle Egg ability spawns a small, medium or large egg according to level which hatches a carrion beetle forever.

Parasite: (lvl1:50 Mana) The Parasite ability is a targeted ability. When the targeted unit dies a void walker spawns from it's corpse.

Dead Frenzy: (lvl1:75 Mana, lvl2:100 Mana, lvl3:145 Mana) The Dead Frenzy ability is like the Bloodlust ability but it can only be cast upon undead units.

Doom: (lvl1:150 Mana) The Doom ability is a targeted ability, the targeted unit cannot cast spells and will take 40 damage per second until it dies. Upon its death, a great Demon will spawn from its corpse.

Locust Swarm: (lvl1:150 Mana) The Locust Swarm Ability Creates a swarm of angry locusts that bite and tear at nearby enemy units. As they chew the enemy flesh, they convert it into a substance that restores hit points to the Crypt Queen when they return.

These aren't great. Most of them are basic rewrites of existing abilities. Let me help you out.

Lay Eggs: Channeled; the Crypt Queen begins laying eggs, but cannot move while doing so. Every 4/3/2 seconds while casting, she will lay an egg, with a maximum of 3/4/5 eggs. Once the max amount of eggs are made or the Crypt Queen stops channeling, every egg hatches into a "Carrion Spiderling". These last 60/120/180 seconds, and deal decent damage, but die rather quickly.
Parasitic Swarm: Area Non-Targetable; the Crypt Queen releases a parasitic swarm around her. Any enemies hit receive the buff "Dormant Parasite". If they die, a "Carrion Spiderling" will spawn.
Infectious Offspring: Aura; nearby Carrion Spiderlings have a chance on hit to give enemies the "Dormant Parasite" buff.
Sporadic Catalyst: Area Non-Targetable; after 4 seconds, the Crypt Queen releases a catalyst. This gives nearby "Carrion Spiderlings" the "Sporadic Catalyst" buff, which stops movement for them for two seconds, then evolves them into "Carrion Terrors".

I'd say that's pretty good.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
:)
Warcraft 4 seems that it won't be finished for like ever.

I think Wc3shady summed it up pretty good, seriously though, just like Wc3shady said, what do you expect? For me to finish this in a few months? I'm trying very hard to make this while having to do so much work and school. Please don't make comments like that, it just does nothing useful for this thread.

These aren't great. Most of them are basic rewrites of existing abilities. Let me help you out.

Lay Eggs: Channeled; the Crypt Queen begins laying eggs, but cannot move while doing so. Every 4/3/2 seconds while casting, she will lay an egg, with a maximum of 3/4/5 eggs. Once the max amount of eggs are made or the Crypt Queen stops channeling, every egg hatches into a "Carrion Spiderling". These last 60/120/180 seconds, and deal decent damage, but die rather quickly.
Parasitic Swarm: Area Non-Targetable; the Crypt Queen releases a parasitic swarm around her. Any enemies hit receive the buff "Dormant Parasite". If they die, a "Carrion Spiderling" will spawn.
Infectious Offspring: Aura; nearby Carrion Spiderlings have a chance on hit to give enemies the "Dormant Parasite" buff.
Sporadic Catalyst: Area Non-Targetable; after 4 seconds, the Crypt Queen releases a catalyst. This gives nearby "Carrion Spiderlings" the "Sporadic Catalyst" buff, which stops movement for them for two seconds, then evolves them into "Carrion Terrors".

Those were actually place holders, I had a few spells in mind but some can be replaced by the ones you mentioned. Thanks!

captainrads

Reaction score
What do you expect DVD? He's making 5 campaigns, 1 completely new race (maybe 2; I'm unsure on this one), and he's redoing much on the other 4.

Look at how long it has taken many great campaign conversions - such as HoS. It's been in production for 7 years.

In fact, kingbdogz is working rather swiftly.

EDIT

I love it, a hero that relies completely on summons...yet they have a duration, which could be a problem for quick strikes in which you need to use ultimates right away. Maybe you could have some that have durations while others are permanent. Like the egg laying ability would spawn permanent units, while units killed by the buff would be temporary.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
My version of the Crypt Queen

Hero's:
Crypt Queen:
Revive Gold Cost: 425
Revive Lumber Cost: 100
Food Cost: 5
Main Attribute: Intelligence
Starting Strength: 8
Starting Intelligence: 30
Starting Agility: 10
Cooldown: 1.90
Ability's:
Web Of Dispair: The crypt Queen shoots out a very special web. It is Verry strong because it has very special minerals in it. The Crypt Queen also shoots out 2 little beatles in the web. They Start eating the web and the targeted unit. If the unit dies, the 2 spiders will use the web and the body to make a cacoon where after a short while they will come out as Hunter Beetles. (See after the hero)
lasts for 7/10/12 seconds. Deal 10/15/20 dmg per second (Note: Target can be attacked during this state. Summons 1/1/2 Hunter Beetles after a 10/7/5 sec breeding

Kiss Of Azul'Nerub- This is a very special move. The crypt Queen catches an innocent victim from melee range and starts to duel with it.
Each second the targeted unit will take dmg and evry X seconds he will have a chance to dmg the crypt queen and break free.
The target takes 20/30/40 dmg per second. Evry 2/2.5/3 seconds the target demiges the crypt queen for 20% of it's current hp. Lasts untill deactivated, the target or the crypt queen dies.
Note: If a hero is targeted, it lasts for 10 seconds at max.

Scarab Trap. The nerubian queen lays an egg somewhere on the map. After x seconds, the egg lays and hides itself.
Costs 75 mana at all levels. Takes 4/3/2 seconds for the scarab to hatch. When someone comes in 400 range of a scarab, the scarab will shoot a freezing ball that will freeze the enemy unit for 2 seconds and chill evry enemy unit for -40% ms for 1/2/3 seconds. If they don't kill tge scarab in 7 seconds, it is invisible again.

Mark of The spider. The nerubian queen marks a unit with an atient curse. If the target survives the horrible curse, it Will suffer pain beynd imagination.
baisicly.... deals 100/200/300 dmg and -2/-4/-5 armor reduction for 5 seconds. Evry hero needs a pure dmg sourse right???

Locust Shield. Whenever a unit in range of 800 of the crypt queen takes dmg, there is a 15% chance that a swarm of angry locust beetles will protect the attacked unit dealing 30 dmg to the attacker for 2.50 seconds and then healing the target for 25% of the dmg done (30 hp)

Now, for the Hunter Beetles. They have 290hp, 20-24 dmg and 2 unarmored armor. They have an ability called Chose victim. When they cast it on an enemy unit, whenever they attack it, the target will get slowed for 7% MS Stacking.

to be honest, I didn't like the original idea, nor wc3shady's idea so I made my own version of the hero. Hope you like it :)

wc3shady

Reaction score
The thing about yours Bloodcount (not only does it have tons of spelling errors) is that the spells have no synergy.

The Web of Despair and Scarab Trap are interesting, but Scarab Trap doesn't fit the theme of the Scourge, but the Web of Despair I admit does.

The Scourge are all about masses of unit.

I forgot to add something at the end of by Crypt Queen, their can only be 5 Carrion Spiderlings at any time, and 5 Carrion Terrors at any time. Carrion Terrors are permanent. Also, maybe you should change the name from Crypt Queen to Carrion Queen.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
@Bloodcount: Nice abilities, but unfortunetly it is not what I visioned the Crypt Queen as; a base support Hero. Your current ideas are too offensive. I have to admit though, they are good so I may use them for a campaign Crypt hero.

@Wc3shady: How about instead of having a limit on the Beetles they are just really weak so having multiple would not do any harm balance wise. I just like the idea of swarming beetles used for quick defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.