Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I would work on the abilities, but right now Warcraft is bugging on me and it won't let me patch, or start up NewGen.

captainrads

Reaction score
(Sorry For Double Post)

Well, I've decided for one of the missions in "the Scepter of the Dark Titan" campaign, the Undead Scourge campaign, it will feature a new type of TD.

Well, I assume its a new type of TD, I've not seen it before.

OK, so in it you are defending a keep. On top of the keep, on the keep walls, are "towers", well, just ranged units that work as towers. I.E. Necromancers and such. Also, you can build buildings inside your base, that you can use to spawn defenders. Defenders are free, and have fairly quick build times. But, the build times range. You have a food limit, so you have to make synergy between the units you spawn. All of the units you spawn are melee.
Sounds awesome, I don't think that's been done before. The closest thing I can think of like that is Stronghold Circle, which has four teams of three building towers and spawning units. A portion of spawned units come out as defenders, though towers are much more important. Each player's Castle has peasants mining gold, and as more units are bought, more peasants are added and their gold capacity increases. The tower structure has a bunch of grass patches so a maze is possible, but it's pretty much predefined of how its made.

Not sure how you plan to make yours, but so far its sounds pretty damn good, personally I love it when there's non-melee games in campaigns, it breaks up the monotony. Maybe add some other kinds of games in there like an AoS or something?

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would work on the abilities, but right now Warcraft is bugging on me and it won't let me patch, or start up NewGen.

OK then, take your time.

Sounds awesome, I don't think that's been done before. The closest thing I can think of like that is Stronghold Circle, which has four teams of three building towers and spawning units. A portion of spawned units come out as defenders, though towers are much more important. Each player's Castle has peasants mining gold, and as more units are bought, more peasants are added and their gold capacity increases. The tower structure has a bunch of grass patches so a maze is possible, but it's pretty much predefined of how its made.

Not sure how you plan to make yours, but so far its sounds pretty damn good, personally I love it when there's non-melee games in campaigns, it breaks up the monotony. Maybe add some other kinds of games in there like an AoS or something?

Thanks a lot, glad to hear it hasn't been done before.

Oh and in the second campaign, "Ashes of the Dead", there is *probably* going to be an AoS map. I say probably, because I was thinking about changing the map, seeing as how it didn't reinforce the story line. Anyways, there will almost definitely be an AoS some time through the game.

captainrads

Reaction score
OK then, take your time.

Thanks a lot, glad to hear it hasn't been done before.

Oh and in the second campaign, "Ashes of the Dead", there is *probably* going to be an AoS map. I say probably, because I was thinking about changing the map, seeing as how it didn't reinforce the story line. Anyways, there will almost definitely be an AoS some time through the game.
Nice...maybe add a footies in there too with a bunch of different races. Like give one team undead heroes and have them start on the undead tier 1, then terrain it so it looks like an undead base; repeat with others?

wc3shady

Reaction score
Footies? Well... I'd say thats pushin' it lol. I don't see where it would fit.

BTW what happened to your footies map? I might make a variation of footies though.

Anyways... introducing a new member of the team:

Anderzzon!

There are going to be a number of melee maps, and even more campaign maps in my project. I can't terrain that all myself - so Anderzzon will be helping out with that.

captainrads

Reaction score
Footies? Well... I'd say thats pushin' it lol. I don't see where it would fit.

BTW what happened to your footies map? I might make a variation of footies though.

Anyways... introducing a new member of the team:

Anderzzon!

There are going to be a number of melee maps, and even more campaign maps in my project. I can't terrain that all myself - so Anderzzon will be helping out with that.
Yeah, I don't know where it would fit either...I just liked the idea of an in-campaign footies where you fight the other races.

I'm still tinkering with my map...bug fixing is frustrating as hell and its hard to keep focused on it. Once the bugs are gone, I'll be putting the new version out-all the features are in place and once the bugs are out I can put the finishing touches on it.

Anderzzon

Reaction score
Yey! I am finally getting to work on a project which seems to have a lot of potential. Thanks for allowing me the chance of terraining stuffs.

Anyways my first map (Three Canyon Valley) should be ready for reviewing and tweaking this weekend.

/Anderzzon

wc3shady

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know where it would fit either...I just liked the idea of an in-campaign footies where you fight the other races.

I'm still tinkering with my map...bug fixing is frustrating as hell and its hard to keep focused on it. Once the bugs are gone, I'll be putting the new version out-all the features are in place and once the bugs are out I can put the finishing touches on it.

Good to hear your project is up and running!

Yey! I am finally getting to work on a project which seems to have a lot of potential. Thanks for allowing me the chance of terraining stuffs.
Anyways my first map (Three Canyon Valley) should be ready for reviewing and tweaking this weekend.

/Anderzzon

I'm looking forward to your work :thup:

Anyways... (I feel like I say that a lot)

UPDATE!

After thinking about footies, and BTD, I've thought that more maps should be in an altered game-play mode. So I came up with my ideas, and there's a new section for it at the bottom of my first post.

Check it out!

Renendaru

Reaction score
I can still code, but not in vJass for now. :( Also, I won't be able to test my spells, since the World Editor saves them in 1.22 format, but the game is at the default patch. Since my updater seems to crash on me now. :/

wc3shady

Reaction score
That sucks, but good to hear you can still code. Do you still have the PM I sent to you a few weeks back?

captainrads

Reaction score
The new map types look awesome, can't wait to play them. By the way, I just released the new version of Elemental Frenzy, I think the link should work on the thread.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Of course I have the Pm, where would it be?

Edit: It's all fixed. I installed Warcraft 3 on an external drive and it works. :/

wc3shady

Reaction score
The new map types look awesome, can't wait to play them. By the way, I just released the new version of Elemental Frenzy, I think the link should work on the thread.

Awesome! I'll get to it soon.

Of course I have the Pm, where would it be?

Edit: It's all fixed. I installed Warcraft 3 on an external drive and it works. :/

Lol I dunno I was just making sure.

Anyways, great news! I'm looking forward to your work.

EDIT

God damn I'm pissed off. I spent that last three and a half hours messing with Milkshape 3D. I had finally gotten the hang of it, and began to model one of the models. Then, I tried to save and it said I needed a registration code. Well, good news is maybe I'll be able to make models for the project soon.

captainrads

Reaction score
Damn that's a bummer about the modelling...that kinda thing's happened to me before...it sucks. My problem now is that I have literally no disk space left, so even if I tried to make something, I couldn't save it. I've had to run Elemental Frenzy off a flash drive...terrible. Until I get an external hard drive to save my music and wipe my drive, my compy is pretty much useless for anything constructive.

Enough about my problems, need any more unit ideas?

wc3shady

Reaction score
Damn that's a bummer about the modelling...that kinda thing's happened to me before...it sucks. My problem now is that I have literally no disk space left, so even if I tried to make something, I couldn't save it. I've had to run Elemental Frenzy off a flash drive...terrible. Until I get an external hard drive to save my music and wipe my drive, my compy is pretty much useless for anything constructive.

wow, really? ive never had any trouble with memory. well, i did have to clean some stuff to install DOW 2, but that's it. Delete old things.

need any more unit ideas?

i hate that question. (no offense, just a pet peeve)

here's my policy on ideas:
i always have them. for all abilities.
but, my ideas are the best i can think of.
just look through my tech trees, or just think up any cool features to a race. if i like it, ill make room for it.

captainrads

Reaction score
wow, really? ive never had any trouble with memory. well, i did have to clean some stuff to install DOW 2, but that's it. Delete old things.

i hate that question. (no offense, just a pet peeve)

here's my policy on ideas:
i always have them. for all abilities.
but, my ideas are the best i can think of.
just look through my tech trees, or just think up any cool features to a race. if i like it, ill make room for it.
I've got a pretty old computer, and honestly I'm not sure what's taking up so much space.

I'll check around for things I can suggest, just don't forget to update the front page every once in awhile with anything new you come up with.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I updated it not too long ago.

Anyways, I'm trying my hand at modeling.

So, I tried starting with my unit, the "Plague Eruptor".

(Go here and click Plague Eruptor in the beastiary to check out what the unit is supposed to be; I'm using the first picture as concept art to base it off of)

Here are the eyes of the Plague Eruptor:

ofol83.jpg

Can any modelers tell me if I'm starting off on the right foot?

EDIT

Here's another hour of progress (that makes 3)
Imagine a big, half... removed? jaw hanging down from his head (undead-like), huge, bulky, unsymmetrical arms & shoulders, and lots of boils.
Well, if there is another contest, I vow that I will finish my submission for it. Heck, I've even begun plotting out ideas for what I'm going to enter with. :p
vrsy1d.jpg

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I updated it not too long ago.

Anyways, I'm trying my hand at modeling.

So, I tried starting with my unit, the "Plague Eruptor".

(Go here and click Plague Eruptor in the beastiary to check out what the unit is supposed to be; I'm using the first picture as concept art to base it off of)

Here are the eyes of the Plague Eruptor:

ofol83.jpg

Can any modelers tell me if I'm starting off on the right foot?

EDIT

Here's another hour of progress (that makes 3)
Imagine a big, half... removed? jaw hanging down from his head (undead-like), huge, bulky, unsymmetrical arms & shoulders, and lots of boils.
Well, if there is another contest, I vow that I will finish my submission for it. Heck, I've even begun plotting out ideas for what I'm going to enter with. :p
vrsy1d.jpg

Damn that's awesome! I've tried modeling before but never got the hang of it, perhaps I need to try again (I have no modelers too). On the actual model though, it is looking very good, but a bit too early to fully judge. Good luck :thup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.