Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
You keep polys low to keep the filesize low I think. Warcraft doesn't use over 1000 polys and unless you are making a high quality model, you shouldn't really need much polys.

captainrads

Reaction score
Ok, I checked out the front page and wowwiki a little bit and noticed your Zealot needs abilities. Then I noticed this:
Foot soldiers also use trip attacks to reduce the odds that their prey will escape.
So, how about a "Stumble" ability for zealots? While an enemy has its back turned, the Zealot trips the enemy, immobilizing them for 2 seconds while the enemy regains its posture(.5 seconds for heroes?).

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That's a good idea. I'm thinking maybe making the zealot throw a dagger, slowing the enemy.

I can't decide between "Stumble" and the dagger.

EDIT

Here are some photos of the model I continued to work on.
I sort of taught myself how to model, so I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong
I just don't want to finish it and have it not work.
2lj6ws4.jpg

1z5t8vp.jpg

11m7z8z.jpg

captainrads

Reaction score
Hmm...not sure, I guess its your call, although I didn't see anything about daggers on wowwiki, but that probably doesn't matter. You might want to go with the dagger since units don't exactly have a tripping animation.

wc3shady

Reaction score
wowwiki just suits ideas and lore guide lines.

And yeah, the trip animation thing.

Anyways, the guy I was working on above was more of a canvas for me to learn. The model wasn't turning out so good.

Plus, I might have a modeler. He said he'd make the Plague Eruptor and be part of my project, but I haven't gotten any mail since then.

So, I've been working on the Blightwing and gotten a lot of progress (it's supposed to be a pretty small model).

5mzp1x.jpg

e8agsj.jpg

ogf51y.jpg

All that's left is to add some arm/wing things. However that's the hardest part. Let me show you my inspiration.

captainrads

Reaction score
wowwiki just suits ideas and lore guide lines.

And yeah, the trip animation thing.

Anyways, the guy I was working on above was more of a canvas for me to learn. The model wasn't turning out so good.

Plus, I might have a modeler. He said he'd make the Plague Eruptor and be part of my project, but I haven't gotten any mail since then.

So, I've been working on the Blightwing and gotten a lot of progress (it's supposed to be a pretty small model).

5mzp1x.jpg

e8agsj.jpg

ogf51y.jpg

All that's left is to add some arm/wing things. However that's the hardest part. Let me show you my inspiration.
Looks pretty good, good luck with modelling, it looks pretty difficult, though I've never tried...I should though...just for fun.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Finished. Well, it's still WIP.

14aj71k.jpg

2lsbslu.jpg

This is 1972 Polies. I know its way over the norm, but seeing as how this is a single player game, it will work fine. Am I right?

Anyways, seeing as how I'm new to modeling, would a pro care to look at it? I used Milkshape. Just ask for the PM.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Finished. Well, it's still WIP.

14aj71k.jpg

2lsbslu.jpg

This is 1972 Polies. I know its way over the norm, but seeing as how this is a single player game, it will work fine. Am I right?

Anyways, seeing as how I'm new to modeling, would a pro care to look at it? I used Milkshape. Just ask for the PM.

Hmm well I'm no pro at modeling and infact I can't model at all but shouldn't those wings be straight? Or else I think it will be hard to animate. Look at other winged models and you can see while they are not animated their wings are straight.

wc3shady

Reaction score
It will probably be harder to animate this way, but I've already began construction of the bones of the model for animation so I'll keep it the way it is.

I'm not seeing any place for an Orc campaign, so I'm thinking they will have a special "Rexxar" type map. That might be online or offline.

captainrads

Reaction score
It will probably be harder to animate this way, but I've already began construction of the bones of the model for animation so I'll keep it the way it is.

I'm not seeing any place for an Orc campaign, so I'm thinking they will have a special "Rexxar" type map. That might be online or offline.
Oh dang, orcs always get left out...I'd have to see your story, but I might be able to give some suggestions, I'm sure a lot of orc players would be dissapointed if they weren't in there. Fortunately, I play as the undead and its almost mandatory that they be in a WC campaign.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Oh dang, orcs always get left out...I'd have to see your story, but I might be able to give some suggestions, I'm sure a lot of orc players would be dissapointed if they weren't in there. Fortunately, I play as the undead and its almost mandatory that they be in a WC campaign.

Don't worry, there's always Orcs in my Campaign xD Wc3shadys Orc units are better though :)

wc3shady

Reaction score
Orcs will still be in campaign, just not playable. Well - maybe they will.

This was just a side idea I had.

I can't have any real verdict yet seeing as how that is a very long time in the future.

Actually, once everything in melee is done, the campaign will progress very swiftly.

Wc3shadys Orc units are better though
I concur. lol.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Is this simply a Blizzard-like campaign? Where you must build an army and destroy your enemies? Except it has complex triggering and other features?

I have noticed this up for some while, and it hasn't shown any form of map or screenshot. Have you done anything besides planning and modelling? I don't want that to sound mean but... it's just what I think. Also, what is that model up above this page?

wc3shady

Reaction score
Is this simply a Blizzard-like campaign? Where you must build an army and destroy your enemies? Except it has complex triggering and other features?
Partially. It also has revised melee and a new race. And also see this:

[New Game-Play Modes]
A number of missions in Warcraft IV: the New Age will feature new Game-Play Modes (Game-Play Modes as in TDs, AoS', etc).

Here are some examples -

Buildings, Towers Defenders
BTD
Spoiler!

In BTD, you have a fortress and your enemy has a fortress, You have a fortress wall where you can upgrade towers (which may be just stationary ranged units and spell-casters). On this wall is a gate to your fortress you have to defend. Your hero is on the battlefield, to defend from incoming enemy units. So there is no maze. With the money you get from killing enemy units, you can train units. Buildings cost, but units are free (with fairly quick build times). There are however upgrades that you need to get for certain units that do cost. When you train a unit, it automatically gets teleported to a spawn area connected to your wall that leads into the battlefield area. You have to use synergy between your towers, units and heroes to fight the enemies off. Then, you push your army (BTDefenders) to the enemy gate to destroy it and win. However, your towers aren't that long ranged, and you have to deal with enemy towers.

Aeon of Strife: Defense
AoSD
Spoiler!
In "AoS Defense", it basically an AoS, with differences. First of all, your in a base surrounded by a path with 4 entrances, which you must defend. There is a path to the path/circle surrounding your base, which also leads to the enemy base (there is one entrance to the enemy base). While your team has 4 heroes, the enemies have 8. However, your heroes are more powerful (not by too much though) and you have defending units and towers that you can upgrade. In the beginning, you get to pick between the four heroes on your side, and the other 3 will become AI controlled.

Siege
Siege
Spoiler!
Siege has a rather simple layout. You control hero(es) and units, and are supposed to raid a fortress. At your starting point, there is a spawn point that heals you fully etc. This has a number of runes around it, which is equal to the numbers of lives you have. You can find new lives in hidden parts of the fortress/dungeon you're going to raid. Now the fortress has different "levels", or parts with check points at the end of them. These levels each hold different items you can only gain there, and lives, and unique puzzles and encounters. Once you enter a level, the only way to leave is to die or reach the check point. Check point areas are separate rooms in between levels, and you can enter the next level through them but once you have reached a check point you can't access previous levels. At the spawn point, there is a portal the teleports you to your latest check point. Check points fully heal you; also, once you reach your first check point, the gate in the front of the fortress to the first level becomes locked.

This is copied/pasted from the first page.

I have noticed this up for some while, and it hasn't shown any form of map or screenshot.

It has had a couple of screenshots. You see - BlackRose - campaigns takes a long time (years). I'm in fact making very good progress on my campaign. I have one completely terrained 4 Player Melee Map, a partly terrained first map, a terrained trailer I trashed, and I have a new terrainer making another melee map. It's not like I have only done planning (and I have PAGES of planning), as modelling IS progress.

I don't want that to sound mean but... it's just what I think.
It's OK - I am slightly offended at the fact you didn't even fully look at the front page before saying that the progress I have made is incompetent.
Also, what is that model up above this post?
The Blightwing. :)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
What is with these questions lately? Do you people seriously think that making 5 or so campaigns is easy or takes a few months? Well you better pack your stuff up if you think that because things like this can take YEARS and mainly because no one is willing to join a project of this size. Lucky me and Wc3shady back each other up and the fans of our projects or our campaigns would be dead (it's the truth for me anyway).

Also, just because there are no screenshots that doesn't mean there is no progress, and I don't mean in planning but melee.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Uh, wc3shady, I'd like to help. The things I can help with:
- Feedback on: Techtrees.
- Feedback on: Plot.
- Ideas for: Anything else
- Your encouragement! Thanks
-and also you can sighn me up as a beta tester.

wc3shady

Reaction score
OK, your a BETA Tester.

With tech-trees, if you have any ideas at all, just post them.

Anything: heroes, units, whatever.

With plots, I don't show the whole script to just anyone. The only one who knows than what the first page shows is kingbdogz. I mean, I feel sort of edgy about releasing that sort of thing. I'd only give it to dedicated members and people who have given tons of feedback (like captainrads).

kingbdogz

Reaction score
OK, your a BETA Tester.

With tech-trees, if you have any ideas at all, just post them.

Anything: heroes, units, whatever.

With plots, I don't show the whole script to just anyone. The only one who knows than what the first page shows is kingbdogz. I mean, I feel sort of edgy about releasing that sort of thing. I'd only give it to dedicated members and people who have given tons of feedback (like captainrads).

Hehe captainrads deserves to see the plot more then me, but I guess when we exchange parts of our stories we can make some really cool ideas. :thup:

captainrads

Reaction score
What is with these questions lately? Do you people seriously think that making 5 or so campaigns is easy or takes a few months? Well you better pack your stuff up if you think that because things like this can take YEARS and mainly because no one is willing to join a project of this size. Lucky me and Wc3shady back each other up and the fans of our projects or our campaigns would be dead (it's the truth for me anyway).

Also, just because there are no screenshots that doesn't mean there is no progress, and I don't mean in planning but melee.
True that, even my map was a pain in the ass, and footies isn't that complicated. There was just a lot of bugs and I even had to leave traps out for the next version because for the life of me I cannot figure them out...yet, I have my ways and ideas, I think I've got a solution for that, it just takes awhile to think these things out.

And I'm glad to know I'm important to both of your campaigns, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.