Campaign Warcraft IV: The New Age - |Map of the Week #10|

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainrads

Reaction score
Great - although I'd have to hear your voice. Do you have a high/normal/low voice? I could probably edit it though.
Well I'm 18 now...so I've got a somewhat deep voice, although its not incredibly deep.

By the way, apparently your message box is full.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Great - although I'd have to hear your voice. Do you have a high/normal/low voice? I could probably edit it though.

I have a high/normal voice, I don't know if you want me but I'm willing to voice act. What characters do you have in mind? If my voice fails (xD) you can just change the pitch.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
"The world is but a plethora of fools. The holy paladins of the world - fighting for what they think is true. And because of this world's false king's, Azeroth has become a bottomless pit for the hordes of darkness and the lords of vengeance to quarrel about their misguided paths. They do not realize the potential of their world - what it could become."

It's spoken by a grim reaper looking guy with a deep voice.

It sort of sounds like the guy in the beginning of this.

EDIT Try PMing me again, I cleared my inbox.

EDIT 2 400th post!

captainrads

Reaction score
I could probably do something similar to that, though I'd have to record it first because I don't know what I actually sound like.

captainrads

Reaction score
Other than the thing installed on windows...no, sorry man. I'm not sure because I've never worked with sounds in Warcraft, but doesn't WE have some editing capability?

wc3shady

Reaction score
No it doesn't, but you know what I think I have a CD laying around somewhere with a sound editing program.

captainrads

Reaction score
Damn, that's convenient. I wish I had shit just laying around that I happened to need. Like...if I need a pizza, there should be one laying around here somewhere...

wc3shady

Reaction score
Hah. I have a pizza laying around somewhere, as well. (Somewhere actually might be gross, it's in my freezer)

Let me give out a big WHEW.

I just spent 2 1/2 hours creating all units/buildings for the Scarlet Dawn. I didn't change icons/models/sound yet, I didn't do the abilities, but all tooltips/stats are finished.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
In that case, perhaps I shloud just give unit ideas, and if you like them you can add them?

Btw, are you going to make AI ?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I will give ideas about these units. But also for new units.... Well... not tonight. It is time for me to get some well deserved sleep.

wc3shady

Reaction score
OK - I probably wont be able to work on the project much more 'til tonight, but then I'll improve the Scarlet Dawn more.

captainrads

Reaction score
Didn't we do the Zealot already? Something about a trip attack...anyways, here's the Myrmadon:
Divine Will: This unit is very strong willed and resilient. Has a % chance to come back to life when killed with % of its hitpoints.
Achilles Heel:This unit exploits the weaknesses of its enemies. Has a % chance to deal 3x normal damage and cripple a unit on attack.

Both of these would have pretty low percentages as they're pretty powerful moves. The Myrmadon name reminds of Troy quite a bit, so the abilities are somewhat based on Achille's beastly warriors.

As for the Excorcist:
Medieval Methods: Throws a poison-tipped dagger at a target unit, slowing it and causing damage per second.
Exorcism: Can only be used if three or more Exorcists are in the area. The ability grabs a target unit, stunning it and three Exorcists nearby. The target unit is then tortured slowly, casuing damage per second for x seconds. When the exorcism is complete, if the unit it still alive, it will be badly crippled(or slowed). (I'm not sure if this is possible, but you could also do this: ) If the target unit has been possessed or charmed, it will be returned to its previous owner.

Naturally an Exorcist should exorcise, and the first ability is actually based on the fact that they used to exorcise people by poisoning them.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Zealot- noticed that this is the purest assasin.... Well.... I have a coupple of ideas for them.
1 Passive, not researchable:
United we Stand! The Zealots are masters of the shadows and and manipulation.When there are close to a frieendly unit they get 15% evade skil.
Note: other Zealots don't count.
2Scarlet Rose: Researchable 100gold 170 lumber.
Researchable. When in packs the Zealots can make combo-attacks.
baisicly, evry zealot in 300 range attacks a unit 1 Time. Each atatack deals 5 dmg more then the previous. The hole spell shloudn't last more then 3 seconds.

Still thinking about the Myrmidon.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Didn't we do the Zealot already? Something about a trip attack...anyways, here's the Myrmadon:
Divine Will: This unit is very strong willed and resilient. Has a % chance to come back to life when killed with % of its hitpoints.
Achilles Heel:This unit exploits the weaknesses of its enemies. Has a % chance to deal 3x normal damage and cripple a unit on attack.

Both of these would have pretty low percentages as they're pretty powerful moves. The Myrmadon name reminds of Troy quite a bit, so the abilities are somewhat based on Achille's beastly warriors.

As for the Excorcist:
Medieval Methods: Throws a poison-tipped dagger at a target unit, slowing it and causing damage per second.
Exorcism: Can only be used if three or more Exorcists are in the area. The ability grabs a target unit, stunning it and three Exorcists nearby. The target unit is then tortured slowly, casuing damage per second for x seconds. When the exorcism is complete, if the unit it still alive, it will be badly crippled(or slowed). (I'm not sure if this is possible, but you could also do this: ) If the target unit has been possessed or charmed, it will be returned to its previous owner.

Naturally an Exorcist should exorcise, and the first ability is actually based on the fact that they used to exorcise people by poisoning them.

I wanted a second ability for the Zealot, the trip ability will be there.

A slow would make a lot of sense for Exorcists, as they can ambush. They have an ability called Aeromeld, where they float in the sky. Ground units can't see them, but flying units can. Exorcism is interesting... I don't like the idea of units dealing spell damage, and big multi-unit exorcisms do sound cool, however a bit too satanic.

Zealot- noticed that this is the purest assasin.... Well.... I have a coupple of ideas for them.
1 Passive, not researchable:
United we Stand! The Zealots are masters of the shadows and and manipulation.When there are close to a frieendly unit they get 15% evade skil.
Note: other Zealots don't count.
2Scarlet Rose: Researchable 100gold 170 lumber.
Researchable. When in packs the Zealots can make combo-attacks.
baisicly, evry zealot in 300 range attacks a unit 1 Time. Each atatack deals 5 dmg more then the previous. The hole spell shloudn't last more then 3 seconds.
United We Stand! is opposite of the idea of Zealots. That ability promotes them staying with an army. I already thought for Zealots that they should hunt solitary or in groups of Zealots.

Scarlet Rose is interesting. I'm going to change it a bit. The ability will be "Zealotry" and every 3 attacks on the same enemy their attack speed will increase.

+ rep for you both.

I'm also making a lot of process on the Scarlet Dawn.

EDIT Hey do you guys know how to remove hero glow off of a custom model? I can do it off a blizzard model, but I end up screwing up the model when I try to edit a custom one.

captainrads

Reaction score
Satanic, yet exorcisms are considered "holy" and are used for removing demons...ironic?

So Zealotry will be the second ability? Sounds good, it'll make them pretty good single unit hunters.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the glow thing, I'm not very good with effects on units.

wc3shady

Reaction score
So - captainrads/kingbdogz, about that voice acting.

Are you working on it? Can you send me a sample of your voice?

captainrads

Reaction score
I have no idea where my microphone is...I've searched high and low but that damn thing is elusive. I'll keep looking, and when I find it I'll send you a sample, probably that dialogue you posted before.

wc3shady

Reaction score
Gone 'Til Sunday

OK you guys, I'm about to head to the airport.

I'll be gone 'til Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.